Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 6: May 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice mauve dress at a private concert featuring Stradivari instruments with family and guests on March 3rd.
http://www.tageblatt.lu/diashow/6649/6649-UP95UynC3oW4I7LKJqv0yw.jpg

Not sure if it's an asymmetrical dress or if she's sitting on half the dress. Hoping better photos will turn up.

One of the nicer dresses I've seen her wear! It looks like it fits well.

This and her birthday photos were both very nice. I hope she finds her way- classic cuts and styles seem to work better for her than anything else. I'd rather her find a predictable style (a la Kate) than wear things that don't suit her.

I like the mauve dress on Stephanie. She looks very nice. As someone pointed it, it appears that the dress fits well. Good choice, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Stephanie looks gorgeous in the mauve dress! It appears that mauve is her colour. I have no complaints.

This and her birthday photos were both very nice. I hope she finds her way- classic cuts and styles seem to work better for her than anything else. I'd rather her find a predictable style (a la Kate) than wear things that don't suit her.

Agree, HRHHermione. :flowers: She looks lovely. Love the mauve color dress and the shoes (their color with the mauve dress). Perfection!

Totally agree. The DoC is criticized for not taking fashion chances but she has found her style and it totally suits her, so why change anything?

Stephanie looks perfect in that mauve dress(the shoes are elegant and perfectly matched), and in her birthday photos:).

A beautiful colour for her, and the neckline suits her well.

Predictable style would be fine, just please have the clothes tailored to fit properly. And nothing that looks liker her mother in law could wear it would be good.

Stephanie with the family at an audience with Pope Francis on March 21st.

Full:
http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl.lu/cm...2//1024//729c853b073ae4c6b917add0bf7cd245.jpg

Veil:
http://images.newmedia.lu/rtl.lu/cm...2//1024//783119852ce2de92ef027dd22f4b8ef2.jpg

Better lighting in this group photo:
http://www.tageblatt.lu/diashow/6815/6815-OLSOn_V2PvOe9jI1Hl1ipA.jpg

The skirt's too short and I wish Stephanie wore a one piece black dress instead of separates with a white blouse. She's been better dressed at the Vatican on other occasions.

ETA: After looking at more photos, the outfit is okay with the dark tights. Would be better with longer flared or pencil skirt. Looks like the black version of the Paule Ka jacket and skirt she wore to the Waterloo commemorations last year.

Last edited:
Skirt is way too short for a meeting with the pope.
and the white shirt is a miss. the other ladies much better

I am genuinely surprised, that a woman who is often called matronly, wore such a short skirt to meet the pope. When you go to the Vatican, even if not meeting the Pope, it is considered a sign of respect to have your knees covered or at least a knee length skirt for women. And the white shirt definitely stands out as well.

Last edited:
short skirt, tight jacket and white shirt when visiting the pope? what is wrong with stephanie?
i mean there must be a dress code within the family for such events, there even is when normal families go to church. my mother would have told me to change clothes before we left. is nobody advising her?

Last edited:
Awful truly this is one of the worst outfits I've seen and for a visit to the Vatican it makes it even worse. When you see Stephanie beside her sisters in law especially Claire who is very elegant and royal looking it makes the outfit even more of a disaster. We all know Stephanie is not very keen on fashion or style but she needs advice and advice quickly on how to dress appropriately and for her shape. This does not flatter

It is puzzling since Stephanie wore all black and appropriate hem length for Vatican/Pope visits in the past. :ermm:

Feb 2013 - last general audience of Pope Benedict XVI

October 2013 - audience with Pope Francis

April 2014 - Canonisations of Pope John XXIII and Pope John Paul II

Some white may be allowed for women without the Privilège du blanc. Princess Marie-Astrid wore a completely white/light colored dress when the GDF visited the Vatican in 1980 and the dress code was more formal than today's. Princess Margaretha didn't wear completely black either although her dress featured black lace all over.

Last edited:
What in the heck is she thinking? She wore that skirt to see the pope?? Exactly what is the point of wearing a veil (a sign of modesty and submission) if your skirt is up to your thighs??? Does anyone bother to advise her???

LaRae

What in the heck is she thinking? She wore that skirt to see the pope?? Exactly what is the point of wearing a veil (a sign of modesty and submission) if your skirt is up to your thighs??? Does anyone bother to advise her???

LaRae

Surely someone thought yikes not suitable before she got there. Such a really bad look.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

LaRae

That was my reaction as well. If an advisor is not comfortable telling her that the outfit is not appropriate, surely her husband, or one of his relatives could have said something...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie's awkward ensemble is puzzling. If memory serves me right, she has an appropriate ensemble to adhere to the established protocol.

Last edited:
I can't understand it...that family is well versed with dealing with the Church and protocol...there is simply no excuse to be made and it is very hard to understand why the family wouldn't of said something to her. Of all times for her to decide to be 'modern' ...makes no sense to me.

LaRae

:previous: See post #285. She's been to the Vatican and met the Pope before without issue. This is her 4th visit.

I don't need to see other posts I have already seen thanks:ermm: It seems she needs a reminder of what is appropriate since her last visit. She has managed the appropriate garb for memorials more recently.

I thought her skirt was way too short for the visit and the white top was unnecessary, a simple black silk top would looked so much neater.

I have to be honest. When I first saw the group pic I thought she had gone for a sexy nun outfit! That ensemble is really puzzling.

Maybe someone should teach her in a simple way like 'think of meeting the pope like attending a memorial (color/style wise not mood) if the outfit would not be appropriate for a funeral/memorial, not appropriate for the pope'.

She can pull off appropriate black for memorials.

Luxembourg Royals Attend Annual Memorial Mass - NEWMYROYALS & HOLLYWOOD FASHION

If there are two things HGD Duchess Stephanie of Luxembourg knows how to do really well, it is how to pull off a proper curtsey and how to dress for a Papal audience. She's done both brilliantly every time.

She does not need to be coached on how to dress for a Papal audience which makes this faux-pas all the more baffling...as well as hugely disappointing:sad:.

Pope Francis and his "almost anything goes, come as you are" attitude to Vatican protocol and dress code is not helpful, but that is no excuse.

Last edited:
The skirt is really inappropriate, the mistake was even more apparent when other ladies' skirts are suitable for such audience. I really think she needs to hire a stylist.

I am a great fan of Stephanie's and she has enough money, advice, help to wear what is appropriate and missed on this occasion. At the same time I feel there are more important things happening in the world to worry about....and if my understanding of this Pope is correct, he would feel the same way.

Stephanie is not stupid she knows how to dress appropriately she had done so before. If she is trying something new this was the wrong time and place for it. she looks out of place. As for anyone telling her anything it is not going to happen, she seems to wear what she likes when she likes.

There are more important things happening in the world, but this is about the Stephanie's style so we discuss it good or bad and this get up was just plain bad.

some posts have mentioned that maybe Stephanie was trying to be more modern or age appropriate by wearing a shorter skirt length - there is nothing modern about her Papal outfit choice it isn't a modern fashion look by any means in fact the shape of the jacket and skirt is frankly dowdy just on a shorter length.
If you look at her sisters-in-law they are far more modern and fashionably dressed but at the same time remaining respectful and regal.
Stephanie lets face facts just isn't the most fashion conscious royal. Probably the only time I've truly seen her look great was on her wedding day the rest of the time she rarely hits the mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom