Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 6: May 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The poppies on the front look like a wreath circling a certain private spot on the body :whistling: Seems a bit odd placement of such a vibrant pattern.

The coat as always is ill fitted.

Not just Paris, but at an art exhibition in Paris:bang:

Those really are some very unfortunately placed poppies.

I don't think of ANY of the women in the LRF as style icons(Princess Sibilla is the most elegant of the lot) but they do all occasionally have their moments...Maria Teresa, Tessy, Claire, Stephanie.

Stephanie can and has looked fantastic in the three years since her wedding but the problem is that she is not consistent. I don't care that she is not a fashionista, I am not one of those that believes that all Royal women need to be uber stylish. But they do need to be CONSISTENTLY well turned out and I don't understand why such a lovely young woman with access to all the advice and assistance she needs doesn't pay more attention to the details.

But I agree that she is pretty, and seems sweet and well-meaning. And her own mother-in-law has described her as one of the most intelligent people she's ever met(interview in Point de Vue 2013) which is quite the compliment, imo.

:previous: I like the fact that she is smart and I like it even more that her mother in law sees her and her intellect for the asset she is. I like the fact that she is sweet and has such a serene air about her regardless of the fact that her wardrobe is like a box of chocolates, in that you never know what you're going to get!

Now, if we could just get her a stylist . . . :flowers:

I think it is only a problem to us here on the board , I don't think most people she meets care they are just happy she is there and interested in their cause.

I really like Stephanie's latest outfit. Reading the comments, I expected to see a much worse outfit but I was pleasantly surprised. I zoomed in incase I was missing something but I still like it. The poppies are my favourite part of her outfit!

I think it is only a problem to us here on the board , I don't think most people she meets care they are just happy she is there and interested in their cause.

I think you're right.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think you're right.
You are both undoubtedly right. However this is Stephanie's "Fashion and Style" thread, so we are going to continue to either like or dislike what she wears and discuss our various viewpoints.

I really like Stephanie's latest outfit. Reading the comments, I expected to see a much worse outfit but I was pleasantly surprised. I zoomed in incase I was missing something but I still like it. The poppies are my favourite part of her outfit!

I like the pop of color the poppies give. I just don't like the positioning, the kind of encircling of her 'private region' going on. If the poppies were just a pattern on the skirt I would definitely give it two thumps up. The pop of color, and style of skirt is great.

she thinks she looks fine and no one is going to tell her other wise.

I agree. :flowers: She looks fine.

I think it is only a problem to us here on the board, I don't think most people she meets care they are just happy she is there and interested in their cause.

I have to agree. It's the tyranny of the camera lens dictating the impressions. I am impressed with her. An authentic person if ever there was one. :flowers:

Its a fashion thread. People come here to discus her clothes. Nothing against her intelligence, or dedication to her work. That is discussed on her current events thread. All royal women have their 'fashion thread', there is even one for men. Even the queen does.

Stephanie seems to be a sweet person, but honestly her looks have been mostly drab and dull. In fact she is one of the few royal women who really needs a stylist. This has nothing to do with her work and dedication, but having seen her spectacular (!!!) and mind-blowing wedding look, it's difficult not be feel shocked and disappointed by her style recently. Sure she had some stunning looks before, but lately it's just plain frumpy.

Stephanie seems to be a sweet person, but honestly her looks have been mostly drab and dull. In fact she is one of the few royal women who really needs a stylist. This has nothing to do with her work and dedication, but having seen her spectacular (!!!) and mind-blowing wedding look, it's difficult not be feel shocked and disappointed by her style recently. Sure she had some stunning looks before, but lately it's just plain frumpy.

I find her refreshing. :flowers: She simply will not be governed by the whims of fashion (and the tyranny of the camera lens). We should have more like her in the public eye (imo).

If she always wore the same five outfits over and over each season, only had one winter coat for example, I would find that refreshing. That would demonstrate that she really didn't care about fashion. Or recycled 25 year old outfits on a regular basis like princess Anne. But I don't think it is refreshing to see anyone spend money on all the new clothes that don't fit and are unflattering that she has. Her husband has well fitted clothes.

If she always wore the same five outfits over and over each season, only had one winter coat for example, I would find that refreshing. That would demonstrate that she really didn't care about fashion. Or recycled 25 year old outfits on a regular basis like princess Anne. But I don't think it is refreshing to see anyone spend money on all the new clothes that don't fit and are unflattering that she has. Her husband has well fitted clothes.

I agree she might not like fashion but she should look well groomed as anyone in a work environment should. Sometimes it looks like she couldn't care less.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agree. :flowers: She looks fine.

I have to agree. It's the tyranny of the camera lens dictating the impressions. I am impressed with her. An authentic person if ever there was one. :flowers:

We've no idea if she's authentic or not. She could be. But there are a lot of shallow people who are poorly dressed just as there are smart, engaging people who are fashion plates. No need to stereotype in either direction.

As for her clothes- yes, I do wish she'd find someone to help her, if only because I think it would make her look more comfortable in public.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

She's repeated items and entire outfits. It may appear Stephanie's wearing "new" clothes often simply because Luxembourg royals don't have as many events as other royal families.

Stephanie's done better with Paule Ka and Diane von Furstenberg. Sometimes Natan too.
Luxarazzi: Luxarazzi 101: Paule Ka
Luxarazzi: Luxarazzi 101: Diane von Furstenberg

I doubt anyone in the grand ducal family has a stylist. They wear what they like (ahem, wide-legged or long trousers :ermm:). Also, both Stephanie and Guillaume have gained weight since the wedding and don't seem to be replacing some clothes so they end up with a snug fit.

Centre Fondation Autisme visit on Feb 4th in beige/peach. Trousers are a good length and I like the coat.
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/photos/actualites/2016/02/04022016-fal/xFAL-visGS_16_4571.jpg
More at: Visite du Centre Fondation Autisme - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Février 2016

Burgbrennen on Feb 14th. Fine, definitely dressed for warmth.
http://www.tageblatt.lu/diashow/6467/6467-sGb3I9gvgWR03uUrcQIXeQ.jpg
http://www.tageblatt.lu/diashow/6467/6467-mOArgefFYbZBIoeRTwSJrQ.jpg

The closing ceremony for 1,2,3, GO Social on Feb 16th. Hmm, the dress needed a belt.
http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/ph...022016-123gosocial/123-GO-SOCIAL_2016_214.jpg

Last edited:
We've no idea if she's authentic or not. She could be. But there are a lot of shallow people who are poorly dressed just as there are smart, engaging people who are fashion plates. No need to stereotype in either direction.

As for her clothes- yes, I do wish she'd find someone to help her, if only because I think it would make her look more comfortable in public.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

We know from eyewitnesses both during her engagement and after the wedding that she is far from shallow. The then-Prime Minister Jean Claude Juncker, Maria-Teresa and at least one school mate who were interviewed have all gone on record that she oozes profound intelligence. So that she is not shallow we can be reasonably sure of.

What Lady Nimue meant-I think-was that a young woman who had previously not been seen to be a fashion plate or seem overly concerned with her appearance did not diet down to size ZERO after the wedding, obtain a new nose, and make other plastic surgery adjustments while suddenly start dressing to kill. I too find that very refreshing, because she has indeed remained true to herself and that is a good definition of authenticity.

However, I do agree with you that Stephanie could use some fine tuning and should pay more attention to details. She has looked fantastic enough times since the wedding that I know she can look that way more often than she does.

Last edited:
What Lady Nimue meant- I think- was that a young woman who had previously not been seen to be a fashion plate or seem overly concerned with her appearance did not diet down to size ZERO after the wedding, obtain a new nose, and make other plastic surgery adjustments while suddenly start dressing to kill. I too find that very refreshing, because she has indeed remained true to herself and that is a good definition of authenticity.

Yes. :flowers: Thank you, Moonmaiden.

I think HGD Stephanie looks absolutely lovely in the new birthday photos especially the ones with the black top/dress

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg turns 32!

She does, and I agree about the black dress. :flowers: Very nice.

I think HGD Stephanie looks absolutely lovely in the new birthday photos especially the ones with the black top/dress

Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie of Luxembourg turns 32!

Very beautiful. I wonder if those photos of the two of them relaxing were taken in their private residence? I love the Icon of the Holy Family on the wall in the background(3rd from the top), and Guillaume's office is very grand...fit for a king:whistling:.

The black and white photo of the couple at the piano is particularly elegant.:)

Wow she looks beautiful in the photos :flowers: The clothes fit great.

I really like the black and white one. I like they included the piano. I remember reading about what instruments she played, along with languages, when they got engaged. It adds a personal touch to the photos.

Office fit for a king :) Future GD at least :D

:previous: Yes, fit for a future Grand Duke!:D

It's surprisingly formal and even a little imposing. I've seen video of him at work there taken to mark his 30th birthday.

I guess it suits him in a way.

They are an exceptionally photogenic couple, in the sense that their personal chemistry shines through every posed, intentional picture. (Random pictures never count imo, because too much potentially going on). :flowers:

I like what I can see of her outfits from the birthday/interview photos. Would love to see the entire looks someday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom