Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 5: December 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like her too, and I find it impossible not to like her. She's so very...different...from most of the current flock of Royal women.

Maybe it's the anti-conformist buried deep within my traditionalist, monarchy loving heart, maybe it's because she's so young, but I find the HGD strangely appealing.;)

I love the red pantsuit in Stephanie- very Maxima. I can do without the burgundy outfit though. Her hair looks great.

I like her too, and I find it impossible not to like her. She's so very...different...from most of the current flock of Royal women.

Maybe it's the anti-conformist buried deep within my traditionalist, monarchy loving heart, maybe it's because she's so young, but I find the HGD strangely appealing.;)

Those are my sentiments too. There's something about her that makes her stand out. After seeing photos and clips of her, it's impossible not to find her absolutely charming. My grandmother, who is a huge fan of the Duchess of Cambridge, became an instant admirer of Stephanie after I showed her a few pictures (and after I told her that she studied in Russia and spoke the language, the woman was completely smitten).

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I like Stephanie she seems very nice , but her fashion sense is not great. This is a fashion thread that is what we discuss .

Very sweet girl but the clothes and the bag why?

She needs a stylist most royal women would have one I'm sure.
It would make life easier for her she wouldn't have to worry about matching shoes and bags etc. I know it doesn't seem that she's into fashion but having someone to do all that for you would be wonderful.
I'd love to have one. Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She needs a stylist most royal women would have one I'm sure.
It would make life easier for her she wouldn't have to worry about matching shoes and bags etc. I know it doesn't seem that she's into fashion but having someone to do all that for you would be wonderful.
I'd love to have one. Ha ha

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Me toο. Ι think a stylist is necessary especially to the royal ladies.

I think her outfit was ideal for the event and the flats worked well.

Another odd ill fitting outfit will someone help this very rich Princess.

I don't think many of the princesses have stylists they seem to just wear what they like. I don't think this will change she thinks she looks fine.

I wish she would dress less old-fashioned. Stephanie often looks rather matronly imo.

I think that outfit is fine. The jacket is a good length for those type of pants and the color of jacket is very nice on her. I would love to see some heals with this, but considering where they were, flats were the best choice.

The top remind that she wore Queen Mathilde before some days. Yes that is very nice. Can you hear us?

I think Stephanie is a lovely young woman who dresses appropriately for the occasions I've seen photos of. I don't understand the criticism of what she wears. It's tough being famous where you are open to unwarranted criticism from people who don't know you or what you think about fashion. Of course, Stephanie has no clue about this forum or the people on it so, there's that in her favor.

Personally, I just think criticism of what people wear is just nasty and unnecessary. But, whatever. People do what they do.

These trousers are a tiny bit better than the black ones.

It's a fashion forum. If people don't like an item of clothing they are entitled to say so, just as if they do like something. But hey, whatever...

As noted by other TRF members, opinions about Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie often oscillate between "better than the previous one" or "needs a stylist as soon as possible".

:previous: Nicely put and very accurate. Which leads me to the conclusion that Stephanie is not a fashionista, but her calm and serene aura makes most of us a little more gentle with her than with some other noted royal fashion icons. :flowers:

Somehow Stephanie has managed to convince us by her actions that fashion is not high on her agenda, but people are. That's not to say that when she gets the occasional silver star we don't all go wahoo! :clap:

I don't think any of the royal women are fashion icons. They have jobs to do and I like seeing them dressed well to do them. As far as Stephanie is concerned it has been obvious from the beginning she has no idea how to dress or what style suits her. I think that the thinking is , they are royal with all the resources to look amazing in their roles.

Honestly, I love her style. It's not attention-grabbing. It's proper, it's modest, it's elegant. I'm sure she does know that being a royal (most esp. because she's hereditary Grand Duchess) is equated to gorgeous sense of style in outfit.. but she chose to be Stéphanie because she's most comfortable being herself.

Find yourself and be yourself; imitation is suicide.

Stephanie's latest outfit is nice, I love her top in particular. Her trousers are alright, though they're a little on the frumpy side.

xx

mslewis I think it is odd that in a fashion thread, as mentioned above ,you feel that fashion should not be commented on .... have I missed something here ??? She doesn't know this exists you say ... I am not sure this thread has that in mind ... each post is just in someones opinion that's all ... that she is a nice person well that is subjective statement IMO but fashion is different for everyone and it is nice to read the opinion of others .. that's all this is IMO

Well isn't mslewis just saying her opinions, too? : ) And I absolutely agree with her points, however, like what you said, this is a fashion thread where people are free to say whatever they want to say. Anyway, back to topic...

I wonder what people in Luxembourg say about her outfits. Are they critical? or are they neutral?

Stéphanie isn't willowy and I think she's aware of this .. so I presume this may be one of the reasons why she dresses that way. I know she could be more creative and fashionable in dressing but she doesn't want to experiment.

It's also good to see her wearing flats. Tho' photogenic, heels are somehow dangerous and for the wearer... very,very painful (especially if the wearer's heavy).

P.S. Ohh, after seeing some Elle Saab's dresses, I immediately have the wish of being one of Stéphanie's "stylists" absolutely for free if this is possible (-_-)

Possibly but I think I have spoken out of turn here and so best back to fashion discussion IMO ... as you say!!

I don't think it has anything to do with her being willowy not many of the princesses are. I think for me it's the fact that while she may look appropriate she dresses too old for her age and this makes her look frumpy. As many of us have said she also seems to not know what a tailor is and the fit is off on almost everything she wears.
I think that the people in the royals countries probably could care less what they wear as long as they do their job. I think we on these boards care and have more of an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom