Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 5: December 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her hair looks nice and that is a great color. You have to be model thin to wear that outfit.

Today, Stephanie attended WWII Liberation day ceremonys in a lovely coat but she carried a badly matched red Chanel purse.

http://imageshack.com/a/img661/4162/5ya5zm.jpg
I liked the Chanel bag only. The rest of the ensemble was so so. Intentionally or unintentionally, Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie appears to be hopeless in a fashion department.

Last edited:
Stephanie seems to be a very sweet girl. However, I get the feeling that she doesn't feel very comfortable in such a public role. I feel for her. After all, when you marry into a royal family you marry not just a person you love, but you have to accept an incredible role. Perhaps she doesn't really like it. I have to believe that maternity pressures are real (and unfair) ... can't be easy when you sister-in-law married a year after you and gave birth within the first year of her marriage.

I do feel sorry for Stephanie. I hope she can grow more comfortable with her role as Hereditary Grand Duchess.

As for her style she simply is not interested in fashion that is clear. I don't think there is any maternity pressure on her I don't think they are in any great rush to have children.

She has an extremely fine hair type that-unless it's full of hair spray or product, is going to be affected by just about any type of weather condition...humidity, dampness, etc.

It doesn't look greasy to me at all. But that is definitely the wrong hairstyle for the collar of her coat...the point of such a collar is that it should not compete with your hair. As dazzling pointed out a soft updo would have been perfect.

Get this young woman a stylist!!:bang:

:previous: That's exactly what I said QJ...bad angle I guess!

She has an extremely fine hair type that-unless it's full of hair spray or product, is going to be affected by just about any type of weather condition...humidity, dampness, etc.

It doesn't look greasy to me at all. But that is definitely the wrong hairstyle for the collar of her coat...the point of such a collar is that it should not compete with your hair. As dazzling pointed out a soft updo would have been perfect.

Get this young woman a stylist!!:bang:

That makes sense to me. I totally agree!

:previous: Ugh! I can only imagine that the red/burgundy shoes were new and pinched or blistered. There is no other way I could possibly explain Stephanie changing into a pair of beige/nude shoes with that ensemble.

Add: Just noticed that she also tied her hair back when she changed her shoes!

Last edited:
So where were the other pair of shoes ? Did she take a spare pair with her ? Very strange

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't care how you shoot that pant suit is just not good belt wrong sleeves too long.

:previous: Ugh! I can only imagine that the red/burgundy shoes were new and pinched or blistered. There is no other way I could possibly explain Stephanie changing into a pair of beige/nude shoes with that ensemble.

Add: Just noticed that she also tied her hair back when she changed her shoes!

Sorry, but I like the nude shoes much better than the red ones with that outfit!

When are people going to learn that HGD Stephanie is pretty much old fashioned and that shows up in her wardrobe.

I'm not crazy about the red pant suit. It's too much. Perhaps if the trousers were black...somehow I doubt it would improve by much. On the other hand, I really like the burgundy coat. The co,or and the style are very nice, and they suit Stephanie's light complexion, but the fact that the color is not too bright helps keep it understated. The burgundy shoes looked uncomfortable, so I have a feeling Stephanie brought the extra pair of shoes, anticipating needing to change footwear at some point.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

When are people going to learn that HGD Stephanie is pretty much old fashioned and that shows up in her wardrobe.

There are difference to like the old fashioned and to dress well.

There's a difference between old fashioned and frumpy.

She could dress conservatively while still wearing things that flatter her.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous:
I agree with you. "Old fashioned" does not mean "poorly-tailored". Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie can wear very conservative clothes that are well-tailored to flatter her figure.

Last edited:
Very true, her wardrobe could be tailored better.

Tailored and age appropriate would be good. On my monitor the coat looked purple and the shoes and handbag were red.

She has "hits" and she has "misses". Every other week someone posts "this is the best she has looked since the wedding...SHE'S IMPROVING!!":lol:

But when she shows up in something unflattering the same people post as if she never looks good. It's not true. She's no fashion plate but she does sometimes get it right.

Maybe she just doesn't care? More importantly Guillaume seems happy as a lark and beams like the sun every time he looks at her so she must be getting something right.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The problem is way too many hits than misses for me anyway. For me if she can have a couple of hits she could have more simply by tailoring her clothes no is saying she has to be perfect.

I agree with you princess carmen. If she can get it right a few times or even once, it should happen at least most of the time. It's obvious to me that the art of dressing well for public appearances is something Stephanie is completely out of her depth in. Maybe she thinks she looks great?:ermm:

Last edited:
I agree, MM. The percentage of hits are slowly increasing. But when she misses, she misses by a mile. I still really like her, though!

I really love the colour of Stephanie's pant suit, and I think it's not that bad, but the fitting is not the best IMO. Her hair looks nice here, too.

I love her dress she wore during the commemoration, the colour looks great on her. I don't mind the clutch with the dress, it clashes a little but all in all, it's fine. I can't decide whether I prefer her burgundy or nude (?) shoes, but right now, I'm leaning more towards the nude ones, but when I first saw the photos, I was leaning more towards the burgundy ones.

Stephanie's style isn't really for me but there have been some outfits that have looked great on her, and I do agree that it does come across as a bit frumpy (it's not too old fashioned for me, just a bit frumpy). I do agree with JR76 that perhaps Stephanie isn't too bothered about fashion, as sometimes her outfits give me that impression. Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway is the same for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom