Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 5: December 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek::eek:Oh my goodness, what a mess! She looks like a Bohemian-like college girl trying to look professional and it is an epic fail.

I'm trying to figure out why she's like this. Could she be depressed? Not feeling well? Maybe her mother helped her pick out all of her wedding attire, and then she passed away and now...? I don't know, just trying to understand her a bit more.

I really like this young woman and thought she was starting to improve a bit until now. :bang::bang::bang:

It's pretty bad but let's clarify that the pieces by themselves (well, not by themselves, but you know what I mean) would be fine, but this is an outfit made of totally incompatible parts.

Does one need a scarf in Qatar?

I do understand that the engagement required cover up but did it require the little orphan Annie touch ill fitting wearing someone else's clothes .. this girl is lost totally ... she has no one to help with her wardrobe decisions ???? Does anyone know the answer to that question?? She looks absolutely out of her depth all the time IMO and the clothes seem to make the situation worse IMO

Oh well after that disaster I guess the only way is up .. ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I know she looks sweet , but I get the feeling she is strong willed and would not take kindly to anyone telling her how to dress. Her husband loves her and I don't think he would want to hurt her feelings so he lets her get on with it as long as she is happy. I agree Maria Theresa is staying out of it she loans her things but I think this happens when she is asked.

I think she is modest to begin with. She tends to overlayer. And this is Qatar, where modesty counts. So, instead of dressing how she would normally - which actually would have been perfectly appropriate for the venue - she ramped up the modesty and layering.

I think this is her sense of style and we will see this from her over and over. She hides in clothes. JMO

And frankly, I find this no less horrific than the male royals that wear suits that they grew out of 15 pounds ago.

There is a picture of Stephanie in trousers and a tunic she looks alright minus the scarf . She could have just worn these trousers with a different tunic instead of this ugly outfit .

"Hello, Steph? It's Princess Anne. Keep up the good work!"

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

But I have to agree... it is a PURE Fashion Desaster. And I feel ashamed, as some Posts above I said, she is slowly improving :whistling::ohmy::eek::sad:.... back to worse...

Bye Bine

I'm guessing that in Luxembourg the press don't discuss her fashion so she has no idea how bad she looks at times.

What a mess!

You know, I don't believe I have ever seen such total consensus on any other fashion thread ever, and that is saying something!

I just looked at photos from her wedding to remind myself how beautiful she was not only on the day but the days before.
What has happened since then ?
I hope all is ok with her

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

March 5, 2015 - The Princess in Qatar in a purple maxi skirt, white jacket and printed scarf.

Looks like the lining is short (above the knees) I am not fond of such looks. The skirt looks too long, jacket too light. The jacket IMO should've been more crisp/tailored.

Full view ** Side view
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Enough said I think !:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I don't think anything has happened since her wedding. She was introduced to top designers and the proper looks were chosen for her. I think Maria Theresa had a lot to do with that. I think after wedding she went back to dressing herself and that is the problem. She has no sense of style and doesn't know what looks good on her and what doesn't.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_crE8qWIAE48fo.jpg:large

At the dinner for President Hollande.

Plain black. PLAIN. Can't see any jewellery, ie brooch - nada.

I'm over 60 - I might wear this if I had to cos it's old-making (I'm not old, just had a lot of life-experience).

Someone help this girl.

That said - this is better than the last mess but please - it is only better by comparison. It is not a great look.

If she had to wear this a broach or nice necklace would have been good. This is something her mother in-law could wear.

Last edited:
Yep this dress is way too old for her. She doesn't know how to dress for her age.

At this point I would take age appropriate but badly fitting anything would be better than this old lady style.

I rather like this black dinner dress and think Stephanie looks wonderfully appropriate and elegant. The just-above-the-knee hemline keeps it from being too matronly imo. (As is often the case with her, I hate her stockings.)

Or maybe I just think she looks marvelous compared to her underwhelming sartorial appearance in the Middle East. Anything would look better than that mess, let's face it. What the &*%# was she thinking??! :eek:

Last edited:
I do so like Stephanie...I wonder if she copies her MIL a bit much. I hope she grows into her own style eventually.

I really liked the black dress at the dinner but it was simply ruined by the casualness of her pumps. Overall one of her best evening looks IMO.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_crE8qWIAE48fo.jpg:large

At the dinner for President Hollande.

Plain black. PLAIN. Can't see any jewellery, ie brooch - nada.

I'm over 60 - I might wear this if I had to cos it's old-making (I'm not old, just had a lot of life-experience).

Someone help this girl.

That said - this is better than the last mess but please - it is only better by comparison. It is not a great look.

Oooooh, thank god. Not everything is lost! There is HOPE!!!!
Great look, Steph!!!!!
Gosh, I honestly needed that sign!:whistling::cool:!!!
BYe Bine

This black dress looks like one of MT dresses. Is it Stephanie's or MT's dress?

At this point I would take age appropriate but badly fitting anything would be better than this old lady style.
Wow, the dress isn't that bad. :)
No it is not that bad at all. I would even go so far as to say it is wonderful. It has lovely clean lines and relies on it's cut for effect. Black velvet looks wonderful against Stephanie's fair skin and from the top of her updo to the tip of her lovely scalloped pumps, the only thing I would have loved to see would be a brooch or a pair of statement earrings to provide an age appropriate lift.

I know a lot of people think this dress is too old for her and that it is something more suited to her M-I-L (perhaps it even belongs to MT), but that is not necessarily a bad thing because you cannot deny that MT is a very elegant lady, and elegance is not fashion because it is ageless. If MT has decided to take Stephanie under her wing, it is a start. After last week's debacle, this is a dramatic improvement and, more importantly, Stephanie looks both comfortable and relaxed.

This photo is at a slightly different angle and offers a better view of Stephanie's hair, shoes and clutch.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OnmT0aJ8C.../c73eb12db0e9552c1c0cf60f886c7a67d2c4b7b9.jpg

Being from Stephanie, I think this is on of her best looks in a long time.

Maria Theresa is elegant for her age and Stephanie can be as well dressed in age appropriate outfits and clothing that fits and is tailored properly.

Stephanie's look at the Hollande dinner is a tremendous improvement over her most recent fashion disaster.

I do wish, however, that she had worn an elegant strand of pearls or some colored jewels or brooch to break-up the blackness of her dress.

Otherwise ... one of her better looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom