Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 5: December 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In total I think, she is improving.... slowly but steadily.
BYe Bine

February 13, 2015 - Stéphanie in a lovely pink dress and a beautiful tweed pink coat. Great look!

Full view ** Close up[/B
Lovely colour, but I thought the coat was an odd length for the dress.
She looks wonderful! The suit is so elegant, timeless, chic, and a beautiful color. One of her best looks.
Stephanie looks terrific. I love the pink tweed of her car coat. Too much unrelieved pale pink would look washed out, but the subtly deeper pink tweed gives her a lovely healthy glow.

So, all in all, definitely one of her best looks.

It's ok but the coat/jacket doesn't fit. I think she looks better in stronger colours.

Has she changed the colour of her hair, or is it the lighting? It has an auburn look.
. . . Her blonde hair seems to darken during the non-summer months.
I was happily surprised at how soft and warm looking that pink was. Too many strong colours just plain wash her right out.

The change you are noticing in her hair is the usual darkening of a true blond in winter. When she married, one of the lovliest things about her hairstyle was the exposure of the underside of her hair and it's totally natural varigation of darker colours that comes with many natural blondes.

In total I think, she is improving.... slowly but steadily.
BYe Bine
I do believe you could be right. She has gotten off to a wonderful start this year.

Stephanie looks lovely in the pink ensemble, and I love the low pony-tail swept to the side.

Love the pink outfit on Stephanie. Thanks @Marg for explaining why her hair darkens during the winter months. I just thought that she may have colored it.

I agree...I didn't realize that about natural blonde hair vs. bottle blonde hair either. Thanks for the tip MARG!;)

Last edited:
I love this outfit. She looks great.

The dress underneath the coat seems to be the Natan dress she last December to a reception at the palace.

Lovely colour, but I thought the coat was an odd length for the dress.

I think the same, I love the colours and Stephanie herself looks great, but the length of the coat is a bit off. I think it would've been better if it were the same length as the dress.

I actually sometimes like the look of the slighter shorter coats over dresses. If worn the right way it can look very nice.

I actually sometimes like the look of the slighter shorter coats over dresses. If worn the right way it can look very nice.

I think so, too. This is a style which comes and goes. The fashion industry is very clever in convincing us that something that would have looked awkward last year is great this year! And soon enough, they'll be showing coats that are a foot longer than the dress.

:previous: Actually, that is not too far fetched. The reappearance of midi dresses looks to be a natural precusor.

Interestingly enough, I was told by an older family friend that when the style for threequarter coats first came in, they used to call them 'Car Coats' and there were the pretty ads with the girl in a carcoat, a bouffant hair stlye, and with one of those transparant scalves getting in or out of a low slung convertaible.

March 5, 2015 - The Princess in Qatar in a purple maxi skirt, white jacket and printed scarf.

Looks like the lining is short (above the knees) I am not fond of such looks. The skirt looks too long, jacket too light. The jacket IMO should've been more crisp/tailored.

Full view ** Side view

March 5, 2015 - The Princess in Qatar in a purple maxi skirt, white jacket and printed scarf.

Looks like the lining is short (above the knees) I am not fond of such looks. The skirt looks too long, jacket too light. The jacket IMO should've been more crisp/tailored.

Full view ** Side view

The skirt is a great color but the outfit as a whole is just bad. Too frumpy and dumpy, it doesn't suit her at all. She might've had to cover up because of the religion/customs in Qatar but there's a more elegant way to do it. Just look at the sheihka of that country! Not a good look again for Stephanie.

This is a hot mess. I normally love her hair and makeup but this time she's a complete miss.

What a mess is right - looks like something Cressida Bonas will where when she's 70.

I like the colours a lot and I like the idea of the long skirt in a cool, floating fabric, together with a scarf, but the jacket seems heavy in fabric against the other fabrics.

This is just bad surely she could have found a jacket and skirt that fit her properly.

It is a mystery to me. Stephanie looked divine on her wedding day, she is MT's DIL, the Lux family are rich, they could at least hire somebody and tell her what to wear.

Despite all this on hand, Stephanie has no clue how to dress, most of the time her clothes don't fit, do not suit her age, look matronly. And all these scarfs!

Why oh why, what a waste.

I don't think anyone is going to tell Stephanie she looks bad or needs to get some help. So we can only hope she figures it out but somehow I don't see it happening I don't think she is very interested in fashion.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is going to tell Stephanie she looks bad or needs to get some help. So we can only hope she figures it out but somehow I don't see it happening I don't think she is very interested in fashion.

Nobody.. she does have sisters.. I thought that's what they were for...

One's a nun. I'm starting to think that's the one she swaps clothes with.

I think it's way beyond not being interested in fashion. It's almost like she's having a joke on us all.
That latest outfit is nothing short of crazy,lazy, grab something out of the dress up box outfit.
I gather she doesn't listen to anyone's advice

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Nobody.. she does have sisters.. I thought that's what they were for...

One's a nun. I'm starting to think that's the one she swaps clothes with.

Her sisters may have no interest in clothing either. And they are all much older than Stephanie so they may see nothing wrong with how she dresses.

:previous: I think you'd have to be 60 to see nothing wrong with how she dresses.

I think separately the pieces are nice. Just not together though.

"Hello, Steph? It's Princess Anne. Keep up the good work!"

I love the skirt and the color combination but not the whole look itself.

Oh no what a mess, looks like she ran into a thrift shop and just put on the first two things she saw. The jacket doesn't fit, the sleeves almost cover her hands, and the skirt is too long. The ugly drag down scarf to top it off. I don't understand it either, her husband wears clothes that fit...

Guillaume's parent's probably have a lot to do with how he dresses. As a royal and heir it was probably important that he be dressed well as he is representing Luxemborg.

I just don't understand her style -- or lack, thereof. Her wedding attire was positively flawless -- so, I am now thinking that her wardrobe for the civil ceremony, the gala dinner, and wedding were hand picked by MT. Her gait and her wardrobe is so matronly -- I have to think this is because she was surrounded by so many older people even though we all know "older" people with a great sense of style.

I can only hope that MT intercedes and coaches her.

"Hello, Steph? It's Princess Anne. Keep up the good work!"
Ah, no! Neither right nor fair. Princess Anne has never, ever, turned up in such a mishmash of design and certainly never less than pressed and fitted. She may recycle ensembles seen 30 years ago but, and this is a biggie, they fit perfectly! She may not be "on trend" fashionably but she is elegant, whereas Stephanie's ensemble is anything but.
Oh no what a mess, looks like she ran into a thrift shop and just put on the first two things she saw. The jacket doesn't fit, the sleeves almost cover her hands, and the skirt is too long. The ugly drag down scarf to top it off. I don't understand it either, her husband wears clothes that fit...
You called it, she is a hot mess! For the life of me I cannot understand what she thinks she is doing and why MT has not staged an "Intervention" well before this. This latest outing is just plain embarassing, I mean when I read the discription of a maxi skirt I thought "how nice that she is dressing modestly to suit the occasion", but seeing the skirt I cringed, because with it's half lined skirt it was anything but modest and it seems she didn't have anything under the jacket because when she whipped the scarf around her neck that plunge was also anything but modest!

As to that jacket . . . did she not have someone packing for her? Did they bring the wrong trunk . . . maybe an old filled trunk from the attic. It looks like she pulled it out of the bottem of said trunk, yanked it on and the lining crumpled and pulled, and the arm lenth . . . . I give up, who would wear such an ensemble out of the dressing room, let alone out of the house!

As to her hair? It too is just plain messy. OMG I don't believe I am saying this about Stephanie! What happened . . . . . . ? I cannot believe that there has ever been a more atrocious ensemble worn by a royal on a state visit anywhere! :bang:
Guillaume's parent's probably have a lot to do with how he dresses. As a royal and heir it was probably important that he be dressed well as he is representing Luxemborg.
Guillaume should have helped her. I cannot believe that he has no taste or that he is ignorant of the standard of dress required for such occasions. His mother and extended female family members have surely taught him that. And yet time and time again Stephanie misses the boat. They say that love is blind and that's okay too, but love is also making sure your loved one is never left floundering.

I can only imagine his mother, Maria Therese, has strong feelings about interferring due to her own experience with a judgemental and downright mean mother-in-law and has tried very hard to let Stephanie find her own way. While this pretty much proves that the beauty of her wedding and evening gowns relied in large part to MT, it also shows that Stephanie is in dire need of a loving intervention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom