Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 5: December 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks good in that dress. It's a nice color and nice detailing going on IMO.

I love the dress - many women look good in pink, it softens the features.

I think this pale pink dress could be this Natan, not so?
NATAN

There are some differences but in overall they look similar.

There is no front pleat and there is an additional panel around the waist. I think these changes must have been made to fit Stephanie's body better. Proof that bespoke things always work better.

Stephanie looks wonderful and I love that shade of pink on her, though there's something off about the fitting of the top half of her dress to me. It looks a little on the large side.

Ugly jacket. If it was raining a lot and the coat was not so shining, I could understand it, but with a sunny day, NO. It's really ugly and non-appropriate.

What's wrong with the coat? I see nothing wrong with it. It's a winter coat, it fits well, it looks cold. I wouldn't buy it for myself, but I can't say it's wrong or ugly.

It may be ugly to some people but I don't see why it wasn't appropriate for a December day in Europe. I see she's still wearing those wide legged trousers - I find those ugly.

This coat I see all the time here, it's winter and it's cold. Every body else is dressed warm and cozy, so it is appropriate for what she is doing and being out in the cold weather. Only thing is, wish she would get different pants or some nice tailored trousers to wear, those are ugly that she is wearing.

It may be ugly to some people but I don't see why it wasn't appropriate for a December day in Europe. I see she's still wearing those wide legged trousers - I find those ugly.

The coat looks OK on her. The trousers are too long, I think :ermm:

The style of the coat, especially the material, is used much more in casual winter wear where I live. I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with it, but here, in my little corner of the United States, we would associate that material with a ski parka or car coat, not a coat to be worn for more official occasions.
The pants, on the other hand.... they are just plain bad.

This coat doesn't fit, which is the problem with so many of her outfits. It's too big, especially on top and balloons out making her look like the Michelin man because the shiny fabric emphasizes it. You add the too big coat to the wide trousers and you get all too big. That the the severe hair, which of course makes her head look really small in turn makes the coat look even bigger with the giant collar too! She needs help in choosing her clothes because it is a waste of money to buy these expensive items.

The trousers are a nightmare I like the coat but not with that look it appears to be formal the coat is very casual IMO

Most of the others in those photos seems to be pretty well muffled up.
HGD Stephanie looks smart and stylish to me.

I admit that I don't understand that coat. It's not very flattering at all. But it looks extremely cold there, frigid. So perhaps the idea is comfort and worth rather than fashion.;)

I think her hair looks very elegant styled like that.

There is nothing wrong with the coat. The overall is very appropriate and elegant.

The coat is suitable for skiing in the Swiss alps maybe but not an official event. It's looks like cheap material and it makes her look 3 times bigger than she really is. Not a good look for her.

With so many misses in her clothing, I would think she'd have someone advising her by now...or does she honestly have someone that tells her this looks great before she leaves??? ?

Why would she know she has any misses in her clothing. She is dressing in what she likes and is comfortable in. I think perhaps only people interested in royalty care what she wears. I think the people around her could care less what she wears.

Why would she know she has any misses in her clothing. She is dressing in what she likes and is comfortable in. I think perhaps only people interested in royalty care what she wears. I think the people around her could care less what she wears.

I think you're right, Princess Carmen. :flowers: That has always been my 'take' on her. Stephanie is unique among those in her position. She has nothing to prove to anyone. The last time she took advice was likely for her engagement pictures. ;)

She's dresses for a woman 20 years older than herself. She'd look 10 years younger if she dressed age appropriately

I guess I like the idea of the dress...clean, elegant, well cut winter white. But as is so often the case with Stephanie it falls flat in the execution because it's not accessorized in a way that really brings it to life.

Hairstyle is neat and elegant.

Last edited:
Stephanie looks great. I love the dress and I don't think she needed to accessorize it that much.

You are right, it's doesn't need a lot of accessorizing...just the right kind of minimal accessories. I don't care for the shoes or earrings she has with it.
but I do like the dress itself.

I like the dress, but not so much the shoes and hosiery. I think a pair of nude shoes with lighter hosiery would have been better. Her hair and makeup look wonderful and the winter white color looks wonderful on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom