Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 5: December 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The coat looks more flattering in that angle than in other photographs I have seen of it. And I think this is only the second time I have seen her wear black sheer hose. The first time was at her mother's funeral.

I just love Stephanie's hair...honey colored silk. So pretty.

Very beautiful coat, and she wears it well, love the style of the coat with the matching belt, (wish I could wear coats like that) and the color suits her. Her hair is magnificent, long silky flowing in waves, she looks really well also.

The coat is nice and the black hosery was a good addition. I just think the lenght should be a bit longer. From this perspective it looks OK but in other photos, it makes her look like a girl. If it was longer, it would be more elegant.

The grey is very nice the length flattering she has great legs!

The grey coat is very lovely.

With the exception of the rather poorly fitted jacket, I think Stephanie looked absolutely perfect at Queen Fabiola's funeral. I especially loved the black Jackie Kennedy pillbox on the back of her head. I had hoped she would wear a mantilla because she looks so lovely in them, but the pillbox is elegant.

She looks drawn because she seems to be wearing absolutely no makeup but I don't think she looks old. She looks sad and pale like she did at the funeral of her own mother.

I saw her in a different picture attending the funeral and thought she looked really nice, her hat is perfect on her, and the suit is okay for this event, after all this is someone who was close to the royal family and they do look sad as it should be at a funeral. There were many heads of royal families there and some former kings and queens, this lady was much beloved by many.

It would be an odd thing to say that Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie looked nice at the funeral. The ensemble was simple and elegant.

I think she looks good at the funeral. The pillbox hat looks amazing on her.

December 10, 2014 - Stephanie wearing a lovely flattering grey coat with pink trim.

Full view
I love the 'Barely Black' stockings. They are very elegant and a far cry from the popular thick and dense black tights that are all the go at present. I thought they were ugly with my winter school uniform and my opinion hasn't changed on whit.

With the exception of the rather poorly fitted jacket, I think Stephanie looked absolutely perfect at Queen Fabiola's funeral. I especially loved the black Jackie Kennedy pillbox on the back of her head. I had hoped she would wear a mantilla because she looks so lovely in them, but the pillbox is elegant.

She looks drawn because she seems to be wearing absolutely no makeup but I don't think she looks old. She looks sad and pale like she did at the funeral of her own mother.
Better picture
Nice and elegant suit but the pillbox is unflattering.
While her ensemble at the funeral was immpecable, I thought she looked awfully drawn during the funeral. Too many sad memories I think.

Marg said: ..."While her ensemble at the funeral was immpecable, I thought she looked awfully drawn during the funeral. Too many sad memories I think."
That was exactly what struck me too: she looked absolutely beautiful but drawn and mourning.

Marg said: ..."While her ensemble at the funeral was immpecable, I thought she looked awfully drawn during the funeral. Too many sad memories I think."
That was exactly what struck me too: she looked absolutely beautiful but drawn and mourning.

I had the same thought regarding Princess Beatrix- too many sad memories of her son's funeral.

Better picture
Nice and elegant suit but the pillbox is unflattering.

For me it is just the opposite...I am not crazy about the way her coat and dress are fitting, but I am totally in love with the pillbox...too funny!:lol:

But overall I think Guillaume's wife looked somber and elegant...just as she should have.

Queen Fabiola, as frail as she was, attended the funeral of Stephanie's mother Alix Comtesse de Lannoy. It wouldn't surprise me if this funeral dredged up memories for the HGD. Her own mother has been gone just over two years and I am sure she misses her terribly.

Last edited:
I like the pink and gray coat. Stephanie wears it quite well. Yes, it could have been longer, but this length is not too bad. I think the black ensemble is simple, elegant, and proper for the occasion. The whole look is indeed similar to the style of the late Jackie Kennedy.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I don't think she looked drawn, sad, or impeccable, I simply didn't recogniize her at all. At several pictures of the funeral, I assumed her husband was with a relative, certainly not her. the suit didn't fit her, unless she is 3-4 months pregnant which she has been assumbed to be for the last 2 years, it made her look so. the hairstyle and hat really conspired to disguise her. I assume she was very distressed, but still I didn't recongize her, and I did recognize Q Mathilde who was terribly burdend and sad.

:previous: Isn't it great that we all look from different angles and see different things. Now I agree about not recogizing her because initially, I didn't either. She looked incredibly sad and her face seemed a bit puffy and if she had any makeup on, I didn't see it. She could definitely have benefited from a little blusher, but I guess that is kind of shallow.

My second thought was . . . wouldn't it be great if she could carry that "style" over to her everyday wardrobe. I for one would be happiness filled. I really liked her 'Barely Black' stockings, as opposed to some that are like heavy school uniform tights and, as the description suggests, ugly as sin.

As to Stephanie's deportment? Magnificent!

https://royalhats.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/2014-12-12-fabiola-funeral-21.jpg?w=869

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/12/23FFFE8700000578-2871364-image-a-217_1418389372127.jpg

https://royalhats.files.wordpress.com/2014/12/2014-12-12-fabiola-funeral-22.jpg?w=869

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SkGwMcDRa...QpI/s640/Queen-Fabiola-funeral-ceremony-4.jpg

I went back and studied the photos again very closely. I think she looks like she always looks, except her hair is pinned up under a black pillbox and she is wearing little or no makeup. If the jacket had been tailored to fit I would give her a 10 for this outing, though it does seem indeed odd to rate the look of someone who is dressed in mourning for a family funeral.:sad:

The black gloves are an especially nice touch.;)

I don't think Stephanie looks that old, but I can see where those observations are coming from. We must take into consideration that she was attending a funeral, which is not a cheerful event (in fact, far from it) where one is expected to smile. As the Luxembourgish Grand Ducal Family were close to the late Queen Fabiola, I can imagine that this was an emotional event for Stephanie. As other members have said, she looks more upset than old.

That aside, I thought Stephanie looked lovely. Whilst her hat isn't really my cup of tea, it works well with the rest of the outfit. I like her simple earrings too.

Given the sad circumstances I think she looked very chic.

:previous:Almost every time she has made an appearance in the last few months someone posts "this is the best she has looked since her wedding!":lol:

So I suppose she is slowly inching towards improvement overall....;)

That is a really beautiful pink dress on her. Those soft colors look good on her instead of dark colors. She seems like a happier person than in a long time.

When Jackie Kennedy or Audrey Hepburn who,Jackie had copied, wore a pillbox hat, there was a lot of hair in the front before the hat started, and there were bangs, either straight down or swept to,the side. Stephanie had hers scraped and up into the hat like a shower cap.
Also, she is now learning to smile and pose for the camera, somthing that needs to be learned and practiced

Stephanie looks lovely in the pink dress.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous:Almost every time she has made an appearance in the last few months someone posts "this is the best she has looked since her wedding!":lol:

So I suppose she is slowly inching towards improvement overall....;)
I think you hit the nail on the head. She is hitting the right note more often than dropping a clanger. Slowly we are seeing Stephanie "tighten up" her look. The way she carries herself means she can look fabulous in a lot of things that would look fussy on others.

As evidence we have seen her slowly loosening her grip on her 'blanky', but hey guys, it takes time to break a habit and of all the royal habits around that one is not so bad . . . she could slouch all the time and that would be a really hard habit to break. Not to mention hard to dress!

I loved her hair and hat and earrings at the funeral, it was a very pared down statement. Actually, top to toe she looked elegantly understated. Not a perfect outfit, but perfect for the occasion, so dress-wise, she's getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom