Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 5: December 2014 - May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 5: December 2014 - May 2015

Welcome to Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style
Part 5

Previous thread can be found here

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:
Royal House of Fashion Moderators

I think it's supposed to be more in the way of a wrap for her shoulders.

I think Stephanie looks very lovely. The look is simple, which appears to be her style.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Absolutely lovely

Those photos were actually taken last summer in Stephanie's native Belgium. The charity gala was hosted by a Count Boel. Stephanie's eldest brother Count Jehan de Lannoy was also present with his wife Beatrice.

The dress is pretty and very flattering, it's the same one she wore in NYC last year at a formal business dinner. But it's the earrings that I find particularly stunning.:whistling:

Last edited:
Excluding the scarf, I love the look. That gown is so stunning. I love that color.

:previous: I think she looks marvelous and would love to see a photo of her wearing this gown without the ubiquitous 'scarf' getting in the way.

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/2644519.html

Hereditary Grand Duchess wore an oyster/grey gala dress for a charity dinner to benefit the Fondation St. Luc.

The look per se is all right. The scarf is totally unnecessary.

The gown is very pretty and so is the color, it's a shade that doesn't wash her out. The overall is ruined by the scarf which was totally unnecessary but Stephanie's overall is really nice.

Those scarves seem to be a security blanket. I dont think I've ever seen a photo, outside of her wedding, where she didnt have one.

:previous:She looks positively stunning in that gown, she looks happy and more at ease in her own skin then ever. The scarf, I think your right Scooter, it could be a security blanket for her, she seems very shy. I have always thought of her as someone who is shy and not very outgoing, and also she is now I believe coming to terms with her mother's passing which had a huge effect one her.
I like her and enjoy seeing her when she is out, this I think will be a great new year for her!

Love this look for Stephanie - modern, yet sophisticated! For once, the scarf adds a certain flair that the dress wouldn't have without it. She does look happier - grief can be a debilitating experience....

The scarf is part of the ensemble. She looks wonderful.

OMG! She looks Fabulous!! Love the cut and color of the gown and her hair and makeup are very nice. Best I've seen her look since her wedding.

Stephanie looks beautiful. I love the color of the dress. Hasn't she worn the dress at a different event?

I think she looks wonderful. The scarf or wrap, is totally appropriate and I really like the look. :clap:

Wow! Is this the Stephanie we have all come to know?

This is the best I've seen her look since her wedding. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Stephanie looks beautiful. I love the color of the dress. Hasn't she worn the dress at a different event?

Yes, Stephanie wore this silver/grey evening gown at a gala business even in NYC, I think it was late last year. The gown originally belonged to and was worn by her mother-in-law Maria Teresa. It has been altered for Stephanie.

:previous: The virtues of couture. I should imagine the MT has many that she neither could nor would wear again. The interesting thing is that good couture never seems to date.

Who would have guessed that Stephanie could knock our socks off wearing something that her mother-in-law wore. Actually, Princess Madeleine's gorgeous white gown worn on the evening of her wedding belonged to her mother.

This gown is one of the best things she owns. It looks ver good on her. I don't mind the scarf but it should have been worn in another way. This way is just awful.

It actually makes perfect sense as I have said for quite some time that S's style icon seems to be her mother in law.

:previous: The virtues of couture. I should imagine the MT has many that she neither could nor would wear again. The interesting thing is that good couture never seems to date.

Who would have guessed that Stephanie could knock our socks off wearing something that her mother-in-law wore. Actually, Princess Madeleine's gorgeous white gown worn on the evening of her wedding belonged to her mother.

I loved the white tulle evening gown(Queen Silvia's hand me down) that Madeleine wore on her wedding evening more than I liked her Valentino bridal gown. She looked straight out of a movie or a fairy story.:)

This gown is one of the best things she owns. It looks ver good on her. I don't mind the scarf but it should have been worn in another way. This way is just awful.

The scarf is part of the dress and looks totally appropriate. It could be worn wrapped around her neck or covering her shoulders but just allowing it to hang is perfectly fine. I don't get the criticism. If this stunner is from her mother-in-law, I hope she gets more in the future. This dress is very pretty.

Worn covering her shoulders would be fine. The way it is doesn't look good to me. It's clashing with that beautiful part of the dress. I don't like it, just that.

I think she should draped the scarf either over her shoulders or draped it over her arm. You can't see the design on the gown because of the scarf.

December 10, 2014 - Stephanie wearing a lovely flattering grey coat with pink trim.

Full view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom