Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 4: Dec 2013 - Dec 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love her hair and appreciate that while it obviously isn't "dressed" by a professional, it is off her face and we can see her lovely smile.

Not loving the dress at all. I don't think this particular style flatters Stephanie at all, and the bad case of "static cling" when she is moving is just plain awful. The mint background of the print is nice as are her lovely shoes.

It seems that this Baptism is a fairly relaxed affair and nobody is really dressed up but this is definitely the worst dress I have seen her wear.

The dress is so 1990s. It did nothing to flatter Hereditary Duchess Stephanie.

Last edited:
Just WHAT in the Name of God IS it that Stephanie's wearing?

Wow.

That is one BUTT-UGLY dress.

Epic fail.

The pattern on Stephanie's dress is so ugly that it in marked contrast to her happy healthy face and her husband's cheerful look. I can only assume they can't see well when they pick out clothes like this. Stephanie must only look well when someone dresses her, that's all I can assume. This hits nadir.

I don't think this is the nadir....that would be those ghastly pants!

Ugly and non appropriate for such an event, underdressed. Old fashion, it reminds the Versace pattern of the 80ies, maybe it is her mom's dress.

:previous: Not, underdressed as the entire family and friends were all in day dress. No hats, fascinators, bling, and no haute couture. :sad:

July 13, 2014 - Stephanie in a white and red dress, white clutch and red suede pumps while visiting Ettelbrück & Diekirch

Close up ** Side view ** Full view

Unflattering dress! I do like dresses that are boxy/loose fitting but the tailoring of this dress looks poorly made which does not give that loose dress look look pretty. Suede pumps in summer is a bit too heavy IMO to be wearing while outdoors during the day.

Last edited:
Hmm...it looks pink/white to me. It has an almost 1960'ish vibe and looks wonderful on Stephanie imo.

She should have worn this to Amalia's christening yesterday, it's a much prettier dress.

The dress today brings to my mind an old flannel nightgown. The colour doesn't suit for Stephanie either.

I think the only thing missing are some summery sandal heels, or slingbacks.

dazzling is right...those shoes are too heavy for that light dress. But I do think it's pretty.

I really want to like this, but ultimately, I don't. I like the idea of it, but not how it came out. I love the colors against the white, but the shoes weigh it down terribly. There's something about the material and the pattern of the dress that I just don't care for. Much better than the baptism dress, though. That was something else.

July 13, 2014 - Stephanie in a white and red dress, white clutch and red suede pumps while visiting Ettelbrück & Diekirch

Close up ** Side view ** Full view

I like the dress. I have no problem with it except that it looks a size too big. Interesting that she would have chosen a dress too big. What's that about?

Her hair looks a bit 'untended'. She's a lovely woman - beautiful smile - but with the dress at the christening and now this (which I like - but which is too big) I think she's tired. Best way I can say it. :flowers:

The dress is really 'meh,' but I really don't like the bag or the shoes.

Another super ugly dress this's one is obviously too big too, looks like she got the last two dresses at the same store

I don't dislike the dress but you are right...it does look like it came from the same place as the one she wore for the christening.

Stephanie's white and red dress worn yesterday is by Alice by Temperley

See here

The print of the baptism's dress is ugly.I agree that's it's dated
The dress in itself suits Stéphanie body type.
I dislike the shoes

The red/white dress is lovely except it's a size too big
The shoes are super ugly.
Those shoes aren't flattering on any woman:bang:

I wonder why she always looks so frumpy. The print of the christening outfit is hideous, the white dress is too big and shapeless.

:previous: Oh dear, that Temperley dress looks like an oversized shapeless sack and the shoes look oversized and clompey!

Last edited:
I think the dress could be lovely but ends up not being, ie, the embroideredy is nice, its colour is also nice though I'm not sure it works against the white. The two big problems are that: it's too big for Stephanie (it looks much better on the model) and, as often happens with Temperley summer dresses, the materials make the dress look cheap.

Not a fan of either dresses. The print of the first dress is hedious, and the print of the second dress reminds me of a tablecloth. Not the best choices, in my opinion.

The white and red dress is folkloric, and I like folkloric things, but with the very tall clompy red shoes, not so folkloric as overblown. Should have had some more delicate shoes, not so high.

Are the sleeves supposed to be that long?? I like ther dress itself but I think it is not a good choice for S and it appears casual to me and the shoes are not I don't know can anyone help her!!!

Stephanie is a pretty woman but unfortunately does know anything about clothing. Her choices have disappointed me until now. She needs to get help from professional someone immediately IMO.

She looks heavy in that dress. I'm not too keen on the shoes either.

Stephanie's white and red dress worn yesterday is by Alice by Temperley

See here

Looking at the model, there's women who can carry the dress and it will look fantastic on them. For Stephanie it looks like she orders the clothing mail order without trying it on. I find it refreshing that here's a woman in the public eye who obviously just does not give a darn about being a clothes horse and yet frustrating that the same time - that internal dilemma won't go away.

GG,

You read my mind. I believe that is exactly what Stephanie does. She does not take things like body type into account, and she doesn't seem to have a tailor.

There are a few times in the 20 or so odd months that she's been married that she has looked simply perfect, but sadly that is not often the case. There is something kind of appealing about a young, pretty girl who is so completely clueless when it comes to fashion but Lord how I wish someone would take her in hand and sort her out sometimes!

Like it or not we live in visual times. Appearance is not only important...it's everything. A lack of attention to appearance in a public person could be misconstrued as just plain sloppiness.

Last edited:
I'm in the minority, but I like to dress which Stephanie wore at the christening of Princess Amalia. Nice pattern, colour.

marta19pl,

I didn't hate the dress either. But as usual I think it wasn't accessorized all that well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom