Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 4: Dec 2013 - Dec 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jacket is quite cute, but there's still something that's about it that's a bit "off". Perhaps it's because she's matched it with the trousers. I like Stephanie, but I agree with Duke of Marmalade, they [the trousers] look frumpy.

I've said this before but I'll say it again - I wish Stephanie would start wearing skirts and dresses regularly!

This time the coat is uglier than the trousers. Especially the ruffles around her bust area are irritating and unflattering.

[I've said this before but I'll say it again - I wish Stephanie would start wearing skirts and dresses regularly]// quote HereditaryPrincess

Her legs are one of her best features, really spectacular in fact.. yet she rarely shows them. I don't understand.

[I've said this before but I'll say it again - I wish Stephanie would start wearing skirts and dresses regularly]// quote HereditaryPrincess

Her legs are one of her best features, really spectacular in fact.. yet she rarely shows them. I don't understand.

She might be more comfortable in pants than dresses some women prefer pants to dresses and skirts.

She may re-examine her style after she has her first child. That's when she might think about dressing for a changed figure.

Does she not have any kind off stylist, to make sure she appears her best?

She doesn't have a stylist and from what we see she doesn't realize she needs some help with her style.

Does she not have any kind off stylist, to make sure she appears her best?

The one occasion where she was known to have utilized a stylist was her wedding day, when she was absolute perfection.

I had high hopes that she'd keep it up....but she hasn't:sad:.

The black and white coat. It looks like she went into WalMart, found one on the rack that buttoned, put it on and ran out the door to the engagement. It might look ok if it were fitted to her and had a blouse on underneath which would coordinate better. Possibly black..? I'm a fan of Stephanie, but just not her clothing style.

This is one of the worst examples I've seen.

IT begs a lot of questions. I'll start with:
Is there no budget?
Are the people around her telling her she looks good?

Frankly I don't think the people around Stephanie are telling her much of anything, which is a huge part of the problem.

She needs some help, stat.:ermm:

I don't think budget is a problem they have money. I don't know who is supposed to tell her she looks terrible.I don't think Maria Theresa will and her husband certainly won't say you look bad.

Maria Theresa is no style icon, either. Sometimes good, sometimes awful. I don't think this lovely, young lady give a hoot, she look comfortable. So, if they want her to look better, she needs a "good" stylist.

The clothing problem is unfathomable. Maybe at home, when she was with her family, people didn't think much about style. They just wore what was comfortable for day wear, but put some attention to evening wear, as Stephanie does. Maybe she does not like her figure and wear baggy clothes to hide it--possibly she has a self-image problem? I wore baggy clothes when young until a guy, not a "boyfriend", told me how to dress, and he was right. She just needs the right friend.

Maria Theresa loan's her pieces to wear that may be her way of trying to help.

They may have money as a family but are they giving Stephanie a big enough budget for clothes?

To me it's not the budget she simply seems to not have a clue what she should wear. She can spend a fortune and still look like crap if she buys the wrong things.

She may be the younger version of Princess Anne.

Last edited:
To me it's not the budget she simply seems to not have a clue what she should wear. She can spend a fortune and still look like crap if she buys the wrong things.

She may be the younger version of Princess Anne.

Princess Anne was very well dressed when young. The fashions of the 70s and 80s were extreme (I know cos I've been there! :lol:) so they dont "age" well. She wasn't interested but she dressed appropriately. Miles ahead of Stephanie IMO

Yes, Anne dressed according to the style of her time even though she does loves to dip into her retro closet every so often and wear those clothes again. I have to say that she still looks good in them, though. Stephanie needs a major fashion rehaul to dress stylishly for her figure; we can't depend on her MIL to loan her clothes since she needs to find a look that's fashionable and suitable for herself. I think she'll eventually find the right look, though now she seems to have a lot of hits and misses.

I personally think she somehow looks really good in pants if they were the right fit and cut for her. The latest appearance seems to be a mix match went wrong. The pants are too beige for the so white top and the coat that doesn't match the pants. The coat would've looked better if left open, it looks frumpy buttoned up. With the slight ruffles down the front, he hair should've all been pulled back or in a ponytail.

The ruffled coat/beige slacks combination is not working for Stephanie. The coat would have looked better if in a solid color (on a darker side perhaps plum), and a size up. The slacks...at this point I'm a little tired of repeating myself.

I can't help but wonder if the reason so many of these wardrobe pieces are ill-fitting is because they are old and her figure has changed in the interim. I mean, why on earth would you buy a new piece which appears to be a size too small across the middle (the coat)? Granted, she could afford a tailor and get them fitted or redesigned, but it may be the reason the fit is so poor to begin with.

Also, we haven't seen much here in the past couple of weeks. Does anyone have any idea what she is up to these days?

:previous:
Unsurprisingly ... It is an absolutely ugly ensemble. The redeeming points are amazing hair and complexion as well as the material the jacket/coat is made of.

In my humble opinion, Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie has to hire a professional, who will advise her on how to put a flattering working wardrobe together.

Last edited:
She is not a fashion plate. That being said, I think she is wonderful. She may very well be pregnant, and I did stupid things like that a thousand years ago when I was pregnant. You think no one notices. The outfit is awful. She needs style assistance.

I think the answer, or part of the answer, may lay in Stephanie's life experience these last few years. How long has her father been ill? How long was her mother ill? The actual marriage to the HGD was a very big occasion and the death of her mother shortly before must all have been both painful and stressful knowing her wedding was not something she could just put on hold while she mourned. No, she had to carry on regardless.

Now Stephanie is married, she has been introduced to Court life and is fulfilling engagements both with her husband and on her own. All of this has to have been hugely stressful and yet she has handled all that with a grace and serenity far belying her age. Now, with all of that behind her, she is relaxing into her role as a wife and an HGD. So maybe she is happier than she has been for a very long time and maybe she is someone that carries a few extra pounds when she is happy.

Whatever you believe about Stephanie, one thing cannot be denied. She looks so in love and so very happy she seems to make others relax. This photo may highlight how ugly some think the ruffles on her coat are, and I agree it is not very flattering, but take a look at the faces of the the people in it. They are all positively beaming! Now that is cool.

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/ph...oupleh-biomedcenter/15-IMG_1702_800_thumb.jpg

As to the coat? It's not so very bad, maybe a "Could do better" but not an OMG what was she thinking. This time next year I am sure she will look more acceptably "princessy" with time, experience and advice from MT (who while not known for her svelte figure but knows how to make the best of it) on her side.

It is a delicate scarf.Maybe you are jealous, darling? Don't be, you could order one on Ebay. :flowers:;):)

Why would anyone be jealous of that thing? It's atrocious.:sad:

And sorry, but I think your comment to GG was rude and unnecessary.

MARG, you have made great points as usual. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom