Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 4: Dec 2013 - Dec 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, yes that is the picture I was commenting on. Do you know is this picture was taken in Brazil or is this some old picture from somewhere else?
I think she looks happy and her eyes seem to sparkle, anything at this point is good for her. I like her, she seems shy and is over coming her grief of losing her mother before the wedding.......sometimes grief takes a very long time to just live with when you lose someone you dearly love....
The picture was taken at the baptism of Princess Amalia.

I'm not a fan of the suit Stephanie wore during her visit to Germany, as it reminds me of an office or school carpet. I'm also not too keen on the squares. However, I love Stephanie's evening gown, that colour looks fabulous on her and it's nice to see her wear such a necklace and tiara. The necklace made the outfit give off a Medieval/Tudor vibe to me.

I also like her latest dress she wore in Brazil, it's lovely and weather appropriate. I also don't think it looks like a dress one might wear to a beach party. I think it's just right for the occasion. I'm not surprised that it's hot in Brazil at the moment as it is generally a hot country. It will indeed be interesting to see if she meets the Brazilian Royals, I hadn't realised that both families were so close.

Not a good look on her, her hair, now it's a mess again, the ends need cut, the hair needs washed, and the dress is dumpy on her.......sometimes she is great and sometimes she is dumpy........she needs someone with her to guide her and help her with her clothes and hair..............all the time.

I like the white dress. It suits Stephanie. Her hair on the other hand is another story.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I think the weather was what caused the problem with the Hereditary Grand Duchess' hair.

We're having a very hot week here in Brazil, and that means that my hair is a mess. As it seems that HRH and I have a similar kind of hair, I think she was having the same problems as me.

But I really liked her dress.

November 26, 2014 - Stephanie in a tweed coat matched with grey pants and red pumps, scarf

The shade of her grey pants are unflattering and don't look nice with the coat. The coat is lovely if it was left open an a size bigger. The red shoes are not pretty, I also find them too pointy.

picture

November 26, 2014 - Stephanie in a tweed coat matched with grey pants and red pumps, scarf

The shade of her grey pants are unflattering and don't look nice with the coat. The coat is lovely if it was left open an a size bigger. The red shoes are not pretty, I also find them too pointy.

picture

I'm okay with it. :flowers: She's one of those royals who isn't dressing for the camera imo. (I could be wrong, though, and she very much is!) I am starting to appreciate them. I love those who are clothes-conscious, like the fabulous Letizia, but there is something to be said for the comfortable and unpretentious, too. ;)

:previous:I agree Lady Nimue. I love clothes and I love seeing them worn well on stylish women like Charlene, Letizia and Mary. Stephanie is not a bit stylish but there is something very special about her. I can't help but root for someone so young and unpretentious, despite the fact that she is a born noblewoman.

Last edited:
:previous:I agree Lady Nimue. I love clothes and I love seeing them worn well on stylish women like Charlene, Letizia and Mary. Stephanie is not a bit stylish but there is something very special about her. I can't help but root for someone so young and unpretentious, despite the fact that she is a born noblewoman.

This is very, very true. Stephanie dresses in items that make her feel at her best, and that shows in her interactions. To me, that's so much more important than looking stylish. It helps us notice HER, rather than her attire.

Oh, those trousers, they are just bad and the colour doesn't fit with the rest of the outfit. Black trousers would have been much better. The rest is nice, though I agree the shoes are a bit too pointy.

This is very, very true. Stephanie dresses in items that make her feel at her best, and that shows in her interactions. To me, that's so much more important than looking stylish. It helps us notice HER, rather than her attire.

I agree with the above remarks. I realised recently that of all the royal or noble ladies who I follow with interest here, HGD Stephanie may be the only one in whose presence I would feel at ease.
She seems to have a special gift, presence, empathy that shines through all those photos. :flowers:

I agree with the above remarks. I realised recently that of all the royal or noble ladies who I follow with interest here, HGD Stephanie may be the only one in whose presence I would feel at ease.

She seems to have a special gift, presence, empathy that shines through all those photos. :flowers:

That is true as well. Stephanie always appears sincere, and genuine. Those two qualities would definitely help one feel at ease.

picture
You have said it all except the not again to tne pants

picture

The one thing I will say, and if I could I'd say it in person to her: she has begun to slouch. :sad: She has been looking tired to me and that may be part of it. She's looking weighed down. She needs to throw those shoulders back. :flowers:

After studying photos and watching the way she walks on video and holds her neck and arms in stills, I am almost 100% convinced that there is some type of back problem or spinal misalignment going on with Stephanie.

It has to be uncomfortable.:sad:

After studying photos and watching the way she walks on video and holds her neck and arms in stills, I am almost 100% convinced that there is some type of back problem or spinal misalignment going on with Stephanie.

It has to be uncomfortable.:sad:

You're correct. I've been aware of it from the beginning. There's a limp of a kind. Yes. Still, she held herself more erect earlier on imo. There's been a shift, I think, but I may be mis-speaking.

Anyway, it's not really that important. She is, as stated, a very warm hearted woman. It shines through always. :flowers:

Last edited:
The fact that Stephanie executes the most flawless, graceful curtsey of all the recently married Royal spouses is fascinating to me given her rather clumsy gait.

Stephanie's last few outfits have been lovely so I thought she would experiment and try something new this time, but I have to say that I'm a little disappointed as she seems to have reverted back to her old outfits. Whilst the colours suit her and her jacket isn't bad, I'm not a fan of the trousers at all as they're a little baggy for me and make Stephanie look quite frumpy.

November 29, 2014 - Stephanie attending a Bazar in an all white skirt suit matched with a gold white belt with gold trim, red pumps, red shawl (carried).

Lovely outfit but ruined with the red, nude would've been lovely and soft for the overall look.
Her hair looks lovely and full of volume styled the way it is.

Close up ** Full view 1 ** Full view 2

November 29, 2014 - Stephanie attending a Bazar in an all white skirt suit matched with a gold white belt with gold trim, red pumps, red shawl (carried).

Lovely outfit but ruined with the red, nude would've been lovely and soft for the overall look.

In the last picture, it's interesting that the woman beside her seems to have the exact same type of red shawl. Was this something that was given out? Maybe Stephanie knew and wore the red shoes to complement? Pure speculation, of course. :flowers:

I like the outfit. Don't mind the red. :flowers:

Last edited:

You read my mind. She is radiant and smiling, and the winter white outfit is very flattering. But the accessories are all wrong. Nude pumps and clutch would have been perfection.

But I love her hair styled loose and with volume.

Last edited:
I don't like white and red together. But in overall this in one of her best appearances ever. Her hair is amazing and the white outfit looks good on her. There is nothing that at first sight makes me go "Oh no", as often happens with her outfits.

This ensemble is definitely better than the more recent ones. A jacket would have been much better with usual buttons. The belt seems to be unnecessary. A blush/nude/rose shawl and bag would have softened the look. The red-white contrast is too harsh in my opinion.

I love the look, but like others, would have preferred nude footwear. Her hair is gorgeous.

IMO there's something not quite right about the fitting of the top half of the dress, it makes her look bigger than usual. Having said that, all in all Stephanie looks great and I actually think the red shoes work well with the rest of the outfit, though that might be because her shawl is also red. I don't think a nudeish colour would work well here, but that's just out of personal preference and we all have different views on things. Her hair is wonderful here too.

I think white is a little hard to pull off successfully at this time of year. Maybe she decided to pull the gold trim on the belt together with her bag and "lift" the look with the red. I love the patent purse and shoes and I accept that Stephanie = pashmina. But hey, it's getting close to Christmas so go for it.

I do agree that with Al_bina that blush would have been a softer option but nude would have been a complete washout.

By the by, I think her hair looks wonderful. Great volume

As many times as we have seen her in a sweater set and a scarf to cover up, I think this is so bold and lovely for her. It stands out - and she is usually not a stand out woman. Excellent. Keep it up. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom