Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 3: June - December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Linen is a nightmare and why anyone wears it is beyond me. Diana had a beautiful white linen suit that looked vaguely liked this, too. Disgusting fabric.

The wrinkles on the jacket is obviously from her sitting, its nothing she can control. This happens with jackets, dresses, pants and skirts. The jacket is a very nice colour but matched with what looks like her most unflattering pants. The hair looks messy, its very unlike her.

For most crown princesses, "Goodwill" is the notion of benefitting one's future subjects through public appearance and good works. For Stephanie, it's a shopping excursion.
LOL:lol: Love it!
This is my favorite color lately, but talk about unpressed and ill fitting. Looking more like a thrift shop find than a professional look. Her husband is always clean, neat, tailored and pressed.

I think she tends to dress too old younger would be better. Since this is a fashion thread she doesn't get a pass because she is sweet. I hope she will get better and find a style that is appropriate for a woman in her early 30's not 50's.

I think she tends to dress too old younger would be better. Since this is a fashion thread she doesn't get a pass because she is sweet. I hope she will get better and find a style that is appropriate for a woman in her early 30's not 50's.

That would be good as she is only 29! :flowers:

I agree 100% with your post

Indeed nothing special as with the previous outfit.. but she is at the tennis.

That burgundy shade is so lovely on her, and how cute does she look with those spectacles :D? Again, my favorite part is the engaging, and genuine smile. It really does light up a room.

Love the jacket and burgundy turtleneck on her. Very nice and the glasses are actually great. Nice outing for the HGD.

That burgundy shade is so lovely on her, and how cute does she look with those spectacles :D? Again, my favorite part is the engaging, and genuine smile. It really does light up a room.

I like the specs too....they give her a "sexy librarian" look!;)

I am so shocked, but in an awesome way, as w/her colouring that deep plum/burgundy was in no way a colour I would pick for Stephanie to wear. It just really looks amazing on her though and really brings out the best in her. Stephanie needs an Evening/Gala Gown made in this colour for the upcoming Fall/Christmas season and by someone who would create something for the HGD that not only fit the occasion, but didn't look like something her MiL would wear. If that did happen, she'd literally dazzle.

IMO of course. :)

There's nothing glamorous about her, but she looked okay at the tennis match the other day.

Guillaume and Stephanie were received by Pope Francis last week.

Luxarazzi : Stéphanie and Guillaume at the Vatican *

I love her lace veil, which is sweetly old-fashioned and demure, and which suits Stephanie. Her dress is black and nondescript, and her belt is very loose. In the footage, you can see how nervous she is and how she seems uncomfortable walking. (slippery floors, it seems to me)

It's a serviceable outfit, not a fashionable one. I'll leave it at that.

I love the lace mantilla as well. It suits Stephanie. The rest of the outfit is very appropriate for visiting the head of the Roman Catholic Church. This is about appearing humble, not advertising one's latest fashion acquisitions.

Lovely and sweet....very appropriate for the situation.

LaRae

I love the lace mantilla as well. It suits Stephanie. The rest of the outfit is very appropriate for visiting the head of the Roman Catholic Church. This is about appearing humble, not advertising one's latest fashion acquisitions.

I couldn't agree more. She looked beautiful, humble and the way a woman should look when visiting a man like the pope.

Love the mantilla!

Stephanie attending an exhibition with Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Princess Sibilla. I think Stephanie may be slowly coming into her own style. She is still wearing shawls but this time I think the shawl compliments her yellow jacket by not washing her out. I also like the royal blue pants (for awhile it seemed the only pants we saw her in were those greyish coloured ones). Anyway, I thought Stephanie's look was a good one.

Visite de l'exposition "Le rêve italien de la Maison de Luxembourg" - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Novembre 2013

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/ph...umunster/02-_c_Courgrand-ducale_800_thumb.jpg

Last edited:
I think her hair looks nice, but I can't say I am a fan of the outfit at all. I am baffled by Stephanie's attachment to oversized scarves that obscure her entire look, and slacks that are not fitted well. Also, the jacket and the scarf are a pastel yellow, better suited to springtime than the middle of fall.

If she had chosen a beige or winter white blazer and ditched the scarf this appearance would have been much more successful style wise, imo.:sad:

I don't like the scarf as it covers what she is wearing and I don't think, as she is so pale, that yellow suits her. I'm pale and blonde and all it does is reflect a yellow tinge on my face!

What I really don't understand though is that, with a few exceptions she usually wears a plain top, coloured fitted jacket, trousers and a scarf. So repetitive. Have they no money to get her some help? Is she not interested? I thought that it might be "comfortable clothing" but generally the jackets dont fit properly.

Baffling.

Stephanie is young and has a wealthy husband and has shown at least a couple of flashes of real fashion success since her wedding so I am not quite giving up hope yet. Maybe she is going to be a late bloomer.

But seriously, if there was a way to bribe one of the staff at her home to break into her closet and destroy all those %$*#ing scarves and slacks I'd work hard to find a way to do it!:bang:

:previous: I am guessing that this was her personal style before marriage and now she is in the spotlight she's using it as a security blanket to hide behind. After all, we can't whinge about a style we can't see.

I think we all need to cut her a little slack here. Both Catherine and Charlene were in the spotlight for years before they married, whereas Stephanie was a very private person who was just sort of shoved into the spotlight. That must surely have been more than a little intimidating and IMHO she took a real confidence hit with the loss of her mother and still having to move forward with her wedding. It must have made her a little insecure and we are just going to have to wait until she has gained the requisite confidence to show us what her style is going to be.

Rats! :bang:

Last edited:
:previous: I am guessing that this was her personal style before marriage and now she is in the spotlight she's using it as a security blanket to hide behind. After all, we can't whinge about a style we can't see.

I think we all need to cut her a little slack here. Both Catherine and Charlene were in the spotlight for years before they married, whereas Stephanie was a very private person who was just sort of shoved into the spotlight. That must surely have been more than a little intimidating and IMHO she took a real confidence hit with the loss of her mother and still having to move forward with her wedding. It must have made her a little insecure and we are just going to have to wait until she has gained the requisite confidence to show us what her style is going to be.

Rats! :bang:

I have thought the loss of her mother coupled with being catapulted into the spotlight has contributed to her fashion inconsistencies. Generally speaking, Stephanie does look better here than she has in some of her past appearances.

:previous:

I'm baffled that's all. We did have a couple of break-out lovely dresses but she has reverted. Hence bafflement :confused:

As for cutting her some slack - that's been going on since the engagement!

Stephanie attending an exhibition with TRH Grand Duchess and Crown Princess Sibilla. I think Stephanie may be slowly coming into her own style. She is still wearing shawls but this time I think the shawl compliments her yellow jacket by not washing her out. I also like the royal blue pants (for awhile it seemed the only pants we saw her in were those greyish coloured ones). Anyway, I thought Stephanie's look was a good one.

Visite de l'exposition "Le rêve italien de la Maison de Luxembourg" - Cour Grand-Ducale de Luxembourg - Novembre 2013

http://www.monarchie.lu/pictures/ph...umunster/02-_c_Courgrand-ducale_800_thumb.jpg
Sorry, there's no such a person as Crown Princess Sibilla. French version says about S.A.R. Princess Sibilla(Her Royal Highness P.css S.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom