Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 2: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looked stunning at Esch-sur-Alzette in that yellow/white ensemble and her hair and makeup were flawless. :ROFLMAO:

The pale blue at the Te Deum was nice, but the hat almost ruins the whole thing, too old for Stephanie.

The less said about those flared beige pants the better. It's starting to become truly annoying. Serious, I can't believe that she doesn't realize how hideous they are. And that includes the strange, long blazers. MAKE IT STOP :bang:

I'm with you 110% here!

The yellow dress with the white coat over it was perfection! She looked polished and summery. I also liked the blue suit at the te Deum. She's pulling her hair back, which makes a big difference. In some of the pictures you can see her profile, and she looks so regal! I won't say anything about the pants. :sad:

The yellow dress with the white coat over it was perfection! She looked polished and summery. I also liked the blue suit at the te Deum. She's pulling her hair back, which makes a big difference. In some of the pictures you can see her profile, and she looks so regal! I won't say anything about the pants. :sad:

Regal is the perfect word for her profile when her hair is pulled back -she looks great!

Whether Stephanie focuses on fashion is not the issue. She married into a role that makes her fashion choices part of her job as HGD. She married into a public role. Folks keep saying she's intelligent. IMO an intelligent person understands the fact that she going to be under scutiny on all aspects of behavior, especially how she presents herself sartorialy. It would be smart for Stephanie to find a simple style that doesn't need to be exciting but doesn't lead people to criticize her too harshly. That really what Kate has done IMO.

Totally agree. Looking presentable is now part of her job. She just can't roll out of the house wearing anything she likes.

I'm not expecting Stephanie to be a fashionista, I just want her to find clothes that fit and don't look sloppy. You don't have to be into fashion to wear clothes that are tailored and look good.

Last edited:
Whether Stephanie focuses on fashion is not the issue. She married into a role that makes her fashion choices part of her job as HGD. She married into a public role. Folks keep saying she's intelligent. IMO an intelligent person understands the fact that she going to be under scutiny on all aspects of behavior, especially how she presents herself sartorialy. It would be smart for Stephanie to find a simple style that doesn't need to be exciting but doesn't lead people to criticize her too harshly. That really what Kate has done IMO.

My point was not about HGD but about french people, said to have no patience with women badly stressed. I strongly disagree about this and I don't pretend french people would have been harsh about her because of her pants.

I don't think Stephanie knows what looks good on her and what doesn't. I think she wears what she likes . A lot of which does not look good. I liked the yellow outfit and her hair. The blue wasn't bad just the hat was a miss. I think Kate wears what she likes and sticks to it. Mary has a stylist so I don't think she has innate style she wears what the stylist shows her and is on trend.

I like the cream and lemon thank heaven no photos with the scarf on... but the trousers are a bit wide for her but the jacket over them was nice IMO.

My point was not about HGD but about french people, said to have no patience with women badly stressed. I strongly disagree about this and I don't pretend french people would have been harsh about her because of her pants.

I was responding your last sentence about Stephanie not wanting to be "fashion dependent". This is the reason given by a lot of posters for Stephanie's fashion mistakes. I was just taking counterpoint to this kind of statement.

I've always thought Stephanie looked appropriate for all of her events. She's never looked terrible. She may not be fashionable like the other CP's but she's doing a fantastic job in her role as HGD.

I've always thought Stephanie looked appropriate for all of her events. She's never looked terrible. She may not be fashionable like the other CP's but she's doing a fantastic job in her role as HGD.

I agree with this comment and I look forward to the same response for the other CP's and Catherine. It's the work that really counts.

Sancia, I did not mean to be judgmental about France. I have been a died in the wool Francophile all my life, I love everything French. I meant it as a compliment. For the most part they-as a society-seem to value aesthetics and style. Elegance has long been the trademark of Frenchwomen, there are entire libraries here in the States devoted to French style and how to attain it. I was not saying that they don't care about inner qualities.

And there is nothing harsh or judgmental about making an observation like that.

princess carmen, I did not realize that CP Mary has a hired stylist helping her out. I guess am not really surprised. As for Kate, with the exception of her too short hemlines that sometimes border on being inappropriate, I think she is a perfect example of how a young Royal spouse should dress.

Last edited:
Yellow dress/white coat - A+; Stephanie looks elegant and fresh. Love the hair too.
Wide pants/jacket - C; the pants ruin the look. They're too big for her.
The blue dress/hat for the Te Deum - A-; not too crazy about the shoes, but the rest is quite delightful.

Overall, I think Stephanie is trying, and has done pretty well recently. She's such a lovely young woman, and with time, she'll figure out what works for her. For now, well done, Your Highness!

Last edited:
Some pictures

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Stephanie is wearing a blue Chanel-ish coat over a blue dress. She has kept her becoming French braid. MT is va-va voom! in her Armani. That is all.

Oh, she looks just beautiful. I love her hair and makeup, and I think her hat is just so becoming with its curlicues and design. It definitely accents her blue eyes. The aqua blue looks gorgeous on her; I just don't care too much for all the "tuftfi-ness" on the coat, but the style is very flattering on her. You're getting there, Stephanie!

Last edited:
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Stephanie is wearing a blue Chanel-ish coat over a blue dress. She has kept her becoming French braid. MT is va-va voom! in her Armani. That is all.

I can't stress enough how beautiful Stephanie's makeup is applied in these photos.. This is the way it should always look with her fair complexion...flawless.

Thanks for the photos. Stephanie's first National Day as HGD has been a great success, imo. :p

Last edited:
Steph looks like a magical, sweet-faced angel in this latest outfit.

So VERY pretty!

You GO, Stephanie!

What a diference! Her hair and makeup, very simple but really astounding pronounced difference. Love the french braid.
Both of the chiffon, pastel dresses with empire waisted coats were superb! Perfect fit, perfect length and also age appropriate, imo.
I especially adored the aqua which brought out the blue in her eyes. She should just own that color. The hat was perfect for her. Keep it up! Forget about the weird pants long blazer outfit.

Love the hat and the coat, although the coat does seem a bit big. Not really liking the shoes or the slip dress (surprised no one has complained about it being too short). All in all though, I think Stephanie looked really nice.

Last edited:
Stephanie in the blue was an elegant outfit. The coat worked well as the color was young and matched with a lovely shade of blue dress. The only thing that maybe aged the look was the hat. The hat didn't work well, she should've kept it simple. I also think the shoes were a bit too much of the same color of the outfit, node shoes would've worked better. Besides that, I don't think at all that the outfit was old for her.

Absolutely stunning in the blue, my favorite thing of hers that she has worn so far! The whole look, makeup is very good as well.

LaRae

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Lovely to see HGD Stéphanie in such a flattering, elegant ensemble like this icy-blue outfit she has worn in the picture! For me it was a completely successful look, especially as the colour compliments her pretty blue eyes and the whole look was well-put together with all the right accessoires. She should stick to this kind of simple and understated fashion,it suits her well :)

I also loved M-T´s headgear,she looked marvelous with this design!
It is good to see that she has so much fun with fashion :D

Do we have a better picture of her wearing the amethyst jewels? This is the first time I have seen her wearing it.

No. I'm hoping that they'll release another picture also showing Alexandra, Louis and Tessy but I guess we have to be happy that they are releasing any picture considering that they did not last year.

I love the dress but I don't love the amethysts with the dress. The dress is perfect on her figure. She looks amazing. I am glad to see the Maria Teresa seems to be following Beatrix's example of sharing a wider array of jewels, unlike some of the other queens.

Last edited:
The great thing about an ipad is you can magnify the pictures. stephanie looks lovely, hair makeup, dress, she has got it all right. And the amethysts look great with the pink. ive always loved purple and pink as a combo.

The necklace appears to havelarge stones so the simplicity of the dress works well. Its tricky to see the tiara, its amethysts spaced out by either white stones or metal - anyone got a pic of this tiara?? But it looks good.

Well done Stephanie.

Stephanie in the blue was an elegant outfit. The coat worked well as the color was young and matched with a lovely shade of blue dress. The only thing that maybe aged the look was the hat. The hat didn't work well, she should've kept it simple. I also think the shoes were a bit too much of the same color of the outfit, node shoes would've worked better. Besides that, I don't think at all that the outfit was old for her.

Agree 100%. The hat is a tad overwhelming and a really niggly point, but it looks like an elastic band hold her plait together. Shoes too much but frankly so much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephanie looking quite lovely at Luxembourg National Day

http://i43.tinypic.com/bfl5dl.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/vopyrs.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/ml3u3k.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/34s30pk.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/308fpj6.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/8yu7a8.jpg

She wore a longer line jacket over her wide-legged pants for last night's events. The jacket works
with those pants that are normally not flattering on her figure. She looks okay...not great but she taking baby steps toward understanding her figure. I'm very pleased by the last 3 outfits she's worn.

http://i41.tinypic.com/mcr7dt.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2du9s81.jpg

The yellow and white outfit is lovely however nothing special for National Day.

MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Absolutely love this look! Beautiful color and the design is so chic and sophisticated. One of her best looks.

As for the pink gown, I also love it. Great color, and Stephanie looks so beautiful in it. I'm glad she repeated it.

I didn't like her hat so much the rest of her outfit was lovely and a good choice of colour on the Princess.

My two cents about the weekend's outfit:

1. Pants outfit: Everything was wrong, the pants, the coat and the shoes. Terrible in overall.
2. White coat and yellow dress: She looked amazing. It was a bit short and I usally don't like white/yellow combination, but she managed to look good on it. I think it has to do with the fact that the coat is gorgeous. Her hair was amazing and made her face look fresh and elegant.
3. Te Deum: Overall is nice. The coat is amazing but I'm not sure about the accessories, mainly the colour.
4. The gala: She agains looks nice. Her dress is very beautiful and so are the jewels.

In overall, she looked nice but the only outfit that caught my attention was the white coat one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom