Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 2: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie looks very nice. It's a very beautiful Elie saab dress. I like the tiara she chose. It's much better to see the ones that are rarely used instead of repeating the usual ones.
I like the way that MT generously shares her collection with Stephanie.

And I'm also very happy that she didn't use a blanket or a scarf this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not warm to the dress she wore to the wedding, particularly the neckline. She looks better in a V or round neckline because she is full-figured. The jewels are nice, the colors of Luxembourg. Hair is lovely put up. Amazingly limp gown compared to last night's Grecian goddess stunner. But it's all relative--she looks better than most people on her worst night.

Stephanie's dress at the wedding was by Elie Saab Spring 2010 Couture ** Stephanie's dress

I thought she was one of the best dressed. The dress was lovely and its usually not a color she wears well but with the hair, make up she looked good. I also like the slight changes she made to the dress like removing the flowers from the hem.

Wow, fantastic fashion moments from HGD Stéphanie in Sweden!!!
I absolutely love the blue drape dress and her lovely glamourous robe she has worn for Madeleine´s wedding today :wub:
She was definitely on my top-ten best-dressed list of today´s wedding guests:)
Such a great look for her, Stéphanie should stick to Elie Saab because he makes such wonderfully flattering robes for her. Her wedding dress,the blue Grecian gown and the glittery Princess-dress from today are by far her best looks!
The modified Spring 2010 Couture dress from Elie Saab looks better on her than on the model because she removed the frilly flowers from the hem and somehow the dress looks better with her feminine curves :D

Hair and makeup looked really good and the tiara (is it a tiara or necklace?) looked lovely.

Really dont like the necklace - too clumpy and she needs delicate jewellery IMO.

I'm struggling to like the dress and I think its because that looks "heavy" - heavy material, and hard square neckline with thick straps.

I think she should wear colour not beige/gold like this. And soft and floaty like Princess Marie but in a stronger colour.

She looks good, but not great.

WOW Stephanie looked great.I love her dress and jewels and make-up.
An Elie Saab is always wonderful and unique.

Not great but okay I don't like the jewellry either and she is carrying a scarf again heavens and so overall I guess better than I excapted to be honest

I thought the hair looked very 1960s Lynda Bird Johnson kind of style and the citrine/topaz tiara looked odd with such a hair style. The gown was nice but the colour did not enhance her look.

i agree, NGalitzine that the hair was not the very best. The hair the night before was her best.
Yes, Cepe, you stated it well about the dress neckline and straps looking "hard". Hard is not for Stephanie.
She looked "herself' the night before at the dinner, and "somebody else" at the wedding.
Stephanie, go goddess whenever you can.

Well, I have to say I am pleasantly surprised with Stephanie's choices. They were a huge improvement from her other looks since her marriage. I loved the blue clutch she carried in the reception at Grand Hotel.

This time she carried it.

She had a light wrap with her because like any well-bred young woman she knows that bare shoulders don't belong in church. She carried the wrap outside and covered her shoulders inside.

Tatiana of Greece, who wore a strapless dress, did the same.

I agree with posters who feel that the necklace clashed with the neckline, too clunky. But the citrines complemented her look beautifully!

She has had a very successful couple of days in Sweden, she looked beautiful imo.

Last edited:
She had a light wrap with her because like any well-bred young woman she knows that bare shoulders don't belong in church. She carried the wrap outside and covered her shoulders inside.

Tatiana of Greece, who wore a strapless dress, did the same.

Agreed! It was totally appropriate and fine in this situation if you ask me. She carried it folded and nicely as well. It wasn't bunched up and thrown around her arm. I had to double take the photo after someone had mentioned she had it in her had as I missed it the first time. It was respectful to have it with her for the church!

This wedding is by far her best yet! Atta girl steph!!!

I know why she carried it I just stated that instead of wearing it she carried it.

Stephanie's dress at the wedding was by Elie Saab Spring 2010 Couture ** Stephanie's dress

I thought she was one of the best dressed. The dress was lovely and its usually not a color she wears well but with the hair, make up she looked good. I also like the slight changes she made to the dress like removing the flowers from the hem.

I agree. One of her best looks!

I thought the hair looked very 1960s Lynda Bird Johnson kind of style and the citrine/topaz tiara looked odd with such a hair style. The gown was nice but the colour did not enhance her look.

I agree completely. But on the bright side, she didn't look thát bad at this event and yesterday she actually looked nice IMO. So compared to Amsterdam she is improving.

Ialso agree that necklace of this set isn't the best.

I do not warm to the dress she wore to the wedding, particularly the neckline. She looks better in a V or round neckline because she is full-figured. The jewels are nice, the colors of Luxembourg. Hair is lovely put up. Amazingly limp gown compared to last night's Grecian goddess stunner. But it's all relative--she looks better than most people on her worst night.
I have to agree with you about the neckline of this gown. I think that is what was holding me back from really liking this. The jewels are okay, not great, just okay.

I agree completely. But on the bright side, she didn't look thát bad at this event and yesterday she actually looked nice IMO. So compared to Amsterdam she is improving.

Ialso agree that necklace of this set isn't the best.

Stephanie did not have access to any mirrors in Amsterdam, and as a result was not responsible for her appearance (at the Investiture at least, I thought she looked nice at the Gala!)

That is my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

Stephanie did not have access to any mirrors in Amsterdam, and as a result was not responsible for her appearance (at the Investiture at least, I thought she looked nice at the Gala!)

That is my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

I'm stll laughing out loud - thank you :lol:

I agree with the neckline and the jewels, but overall, I really, really liked it!

Stephanie has beautiful but very pale skin so I think the colour of the dress drained her. Wearing a draped, Grecian-styled one-shoulder dress needs oodles of self confidence and I don't thing Stephanie is there yet. Had she styled a classic Grecian up do it might have mitigated the effect of the bared shoulder, instead it just look pale and undressed.

I don't think this dress does her any favours. She is lovely, she has an inbred grace not to mention a figure that can carry just about any style. Unfortunately the draped bit did look like it swamped her and hid her lovely curves.

Still, she has come a long way in a very short time and I will be looking with interest at what she unveils for the wedding.

I agree with your comments Marg. Stephanie can carry herself well because she is naturally elegant, but this style does not enhance her at all. The draped dress takes away from her figure. She does look radiant and happy. I liked her hair and make up, a nice change.

Truth is, I am learning not to expect much from Stephanie sartorially. I get my fashion glamour fix from Kate and especially Charlene(except for Madde's wedding :bang:)

Stephanie stands out for me for other reasons-she appears charming and kind and dignified,completely committed to her responsibilities.

She and Guillaume are a throwback to a time when Royals really were Royal. They seem very sweet and traditional. They are part of a dying breed along with Philippe and Mathilde in Belgium and I am old-fashioned enough to admit I appreciate them for it, because very soon that type of Royal is going to be extinct I think.:sad:

But I am delighted when Stephanie occasionally hits it out of the park like she did this weekend.

Love her hair and tiara and jewels. She seems much fuller up top;) and with such a gorgeous saab gown, only needs to work on posture.
Saw her walking in video, simply terrible. No grace at all. Princess Marie was light as air, and I'm sure she had high heels also, but maybe she was used to them.

I like that she is wearing tiaras and trying new things! The dresses she wore to this wedding were not perfect, but they are a step in the right direction. I liked her hair piled up on top of her head-she looked so young and relaxed.

I think Stephanies fashions this weekend were more of a bunt as opposed to hitting it out of the park. She might just have made it to first base but definitely not a home run.

In the Eli Saab gown she looked wonderful. More her age, not like she borrowed something from an older sister. She is lovely and should continue to seek styles for her age.

This was one lovely look! Stephanie looked elegant, and beautiful. No complaints here.

Love her hair and tiara and jewels. She seems much fuller up top;) and with such a gorgeous saab gown, only needs to work on posture.
Saw her walking in video, simply terrible. No grace at all. Princess Marie was light as air, and I'm sure she had high heels also, but maybe she was used to them.

Yes, her walk is painful to watch. One of these days she is going to fall flat on her face...or some other part of her anatomy. It's already almost happened during a walkabout after her civil wedding ceremony...very close call. :ohmy:

But clothes wise she is always one step forward and two back, and this weekend was a very definite step forward. She was elegant and lovely, and she didn't embarrass herself unlike several female guests I saw.

Someone should tell Steph that she's going to a wedding every day, that's where she looks the best :ROFLMAO:

The green gala dress was really pretty and I also liked her second outfit, she looks pretty good in Elie Saab :)

I liked her dress at Madeleines wedding, so I think, she is improving..... I also LOVE that we see her every time in a new tiara, so her mother-in-law is very generous :flowers::flowers::flowers:.

(...)

BYe Bine

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom