Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 2: April 2013 - June 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here, the problem is that the jacket is structured while once again she's wearing very baggy pants that don't go well with the black. I'd think black slacks or even white to pick up the piping on the jacket, and more tapered to her figure, would have been better options.

In agreement here. Pants that are not so loose would have worked wonderfully, and maybe in a nice shade of grey.

Stéphanie today at the inauguration of "Home Fnel", a new scouts house.
http://www.wort.lu/img/f03dcd7d0e1a.../1f08677a4bb47d0f2c6b19639ea0019e20c7d4bd.jpg
http://www.wort.lu/img/1f5d8cb3f613.../fc7e5ec2140ecc77d7caecbd82d56c514fe9b17d.jpg
http://www.wort.lu/img/34f0a6c5c645.../498f59a1863511d9fd24727992028ebfd225a87b.jpg

What is this? A wrap dress over a print dress? The colour combination isn't flattering and the wrap dress looks too small.

One word; 'ugh' :eek:. Bad. Just...awful.

It's possible for a woman to be colour blind and red/green is the most common occurrence. I say this seriously and maybe this is the problem and why she tends to stick to neutral.

This outfit is not good, and it does seem too casual. I think it looks like she's wearing a bathrobe.

I've worked with girls who actually had this issue, and they always dressed in neutral shades. 'Bathrobe' is a good way to describe the cardigan (or whatever it is) that she's wearing.

Here's a full-length picture with her shoes; they look like peep toes. I really do like this suit and hat; she looks very elegant.

This is a very elegant and classy look for Stephanie. I'm not too fond of the shoes, but the suit and hat make up for them pretty darn nicely.

Stephanie at the Inauguration Water Pageant and Dinner on 30th April.
Vorschau
I think that the dress is recycled. Brown and green isn't a good combination.

That wrap has got to go. It's just atrocious. I love the shade of green though. It suits her.

The bathrobe neon green outfit looked ridiculous. The blue suit is better, in fact it's one of the few day wear outfits that is somewhat tailored closer to her figure. The Jacket, however, still doesn't fit. The waist hits her too high, and should be taken in a LOT which is why it makes her look big around the middle. Also, her bustline looks low and droopy which could be a function of the jacket, her underwear, or posture.
Love the color, skirt and the hat. Don't mind the shoes, glad they didn't seems too high.

Gosh poor Stephanie...LOL! A part of me doesn't want her to ever go "high style" because then there would be nothing to distinguish her from the other CP's.

There is something vaguely endearing and sweet about about this young woman who obviously doesn't have a clue how to pull herself together most of the time.

The only other Royal female I can remember who dressed as badly early on was Sarah Duchess of York.....

I really like her green outfit. It is perfect Under the sunshine.

Gosh poor Stephanie...LOL! A part of me doesn't want her to ever go "high style" because then there would be nothing to distinguish her from the other CP's.

There is something vaguely endearing and sweet about about this young woman who obviously doesn't have a clue how to pull herself together most of the time.

The only other Royal female I can remember who dressed as badly early on was Sarah Duchess of York.....

You don't need high style to look stylish. You just need the right pieces to get the look right. Easily if she brought a Zara dress and matched it with a summer jacket she would've looked good.

:previous:

The pants. :bang:

That was my first thought as well; those pants are too wide for the coat. She needs to find some more tailored pants (they don't have to be skinny pants, but a nice straight leg/boot cut would work). The color of the coat goes great with Stephanie's complexion, but the fabric is a little too shiny for my taste (or so it appears to me. However, I saw other pictures from this engagement, and frankly, her smile was her best feature, and the way she talked to the children melted my heart. Those will be the things that I'll remember when I'll be telling people about this relatively 'new' royal.

The only good thing in this outfit is the colour of the coat. Otherwise, the coat is ugly, the pants are ugly and she looks dowdy.

Haha, she does not need to hire a stylist, I would volunteer to dress her up at any time...
She has some lovely features and a good figure that just needs the right clothes and colours, everything else about her is fine! Would be fun to pick the dresses and jewels for the young Duchess, I am sure she is a great person to be with:)

I agree that only good thing about this outfit is the color of the coat but even that she doesn't pull off well. The shade of red is too bright for her. The coat would've worked if it had a tie. Those pants should never been worn. Weren't they worn to an event with a t-shirt before her wedding. They had such an unflattering fit.

The pants are awful and I feel like we've seen them plenty of times. They don't have a good cut, look way too wide for the coat and the colour doesn't go with the coat's colour.

Also, the coat could be nice but the fabric looks cheap.

And why is she wearing open toe shoes if the weather doesn't seem to be that nice?

The green thing is horrible yes the question remains unanswered her is it a wrap dress or a coat and equally as awful dress ... I just don't know...

Where are Clinton Kelly and Stacy London when you need them?

http://www.wort.lu/img/4438500abf7f.../e2534f0c0d17449430d3857db9214cf38333d8d8.jpg

Why buy a double breasted coat - which has many flattering features if a true centered double breast, WITH ALL THE BUTTONS ON ONE SIDE?

It's silly, dated before you wear it and makes you look like you are about to tip overboard. :bang:

I hate everything here, nothing works imo. Not the limp hairdo. Not the loud trench coat. Not the ghastly red peep toe shoes that she wore on her engagement day and should have chucked into the waste bin immediately afterward.

And especially not the %$#*&@! cheap looking tan pants-why why why does someone, anyone not tell this girl how damn ugly and unflattering those things are?? They should be burned! :bang:

I should have known that after the chic sublimities of her showing on Octave Sunday last week she'd regress. This is becoming predictable and depressing. I certainly don't want Stephanie to emulate Mary of Denmark, who is over a decade older than she is. What I wish Stephanie would do is dress like the young and pretty princess that she is. She is married to a very wealthy man. She has access to the best stylists.

How hard can it be???

I don't think there is anyone to tell her she dresses too old and wears things that don't suit her. Her husband loves her and probably doesn't care. Her mother in law probably doesn't want to cause a problem , maybe Maria Theres is trying to help by loaning her pieces. As for Stephanie she obviously does not see how she looks she is so used to dressing like an older woman. I hope she figures it out like Mathilde and starts dressing her age and in things that look good and fit properly.

{Edit}

Back to Stéphanie - I admire her for being herself and I trust that she will find her own style perfectly fitting her and that she will master it with time. That said if she takes too much time I might start complaining loudly and even, in due time, give a try to English sarcasm. We already have a beautiful, sensitive and brilliant crown princess with a slighty deficient fashion-sense. One is enough. Go Stéphanie Go! Allez Stéph Allez!

{Edit}

Last edited by a moderator:
Back to the outfit. In thinking about it, there are several things that could have worked here.....IF....the pants were longer (about 1 1/2 or 2 inches) and the coat were cut to hit her at the hip. Style her hair differently and give her a good clutch purse in a print and we probably would be having a different discussion. I'm looking on the positive side here.

Several off topic and insulting posts towards members have been deleted. Further posts will be deleted. If you wish to discuss the matter further, please do it through PM.
Please remember that we are all entitled to our opinions. If you disagree, please do it a polite manner. Insulting Royals and forum members are against the forum rules.

The pants are actually okay, the jacket is a little snug though. If it had been a little bigger and the sleeves a little shorter, and she had some jewelry on (nice necklace), the outfit would have been fine. And run a brush through your hair before you go out, it looks a little "undone".

It is a fairly casual look. I agree the jacket is snug, but what is it with wide pants and long sleeves (remember when all the CPs met up?)

(...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear. I was so hoping it would be a picture of great wardrobe choices and tailoring. The jacket is on crooked (look at the pockets and the difference in sleeve lengths), plus it's too tight. It looks like she has a t-shirt underneath, and the pants, the pants, the pants. BUT, on the positive point - it is not a bad color combination. Not great, but not bad.

Hmmmmmmm . . .

The color of the jacket is pretty on Steph.

IMHO, the jacket IS at least a size too small. It looks like it's pulling across the bustline, to me.

The pants ARE cut too big/loose. She doesn't have to go out her front door wearing spray-painted-on pants, but those could DEFINITELY use some serious paring down.

I agree that the sleeves on the jacket are crooked. To me, the cut/fit/size of the jacket is throwing where the sleeves hit on the ends of her arms and hands off.

And if she just HAD to wear THAT particular jacket, it might've worked better all the way 'round if she'd just left it unbuttoned.

Oh well, at least she's not sporting a scarf/shawl that resembles a blanket, this time.

Last edited:
Agree something is wrong with the pants the jacket though a sweet colour appears tight she is a bit of a mess really and I really want to like her fashion choices but she is just not helping herself IMO

Don't like the pants but I really love the top. Great color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom