Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style Part 10: May 2018 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I like the style of pant but I don't care for the top with it..I like them but not together and Gui seems very overdressed compared to Stephanie.

LaRae

I love both outfits, especially her earrings & bag at MUDAM Luxembourg. Her top is a lovely color, but I would like it better if it were just a tad shorter.

Agree that she seems more casually dressed for the graduation/staff party than the others.

Whenever I see bare arms indoors, all I can think about is how cold they must be. But I am probably projecting since every place in the southern US tends to crank up the air conditioning at this time of year. Perhaps it is not the same in Lux.

They might not even have air conditioning inside and if they have probably not using it unless it's really hot :)

They seem much more reasonable here: air conditioning is normally set to 25 degrees Celsius (77 degrees Fahrenheit); people start complaining that it's cold when it's down to about 23 degrees Celsius (73 degrees Fahrenheit).

I love her blouse, but don't care for the slacks at all. The ponytail is also cute.

Anyway I know this is a fashion thread but for once I really don't care what she is wearing. I love the Kraizberg Foundation SO much that even if HRH had shown up in a psychedelic muu muu I would praise her for it!;)

I think this is a very approachable outfit - and probably appropriate for the event.
If you don't like it, think back to the days when almost always, no matter what she was wearing she also had to be wearing/or carrying a wrap. She and her style are evolving both in a good way. Hats off to her, in general for the transformation. :flowers:

For some odd reason, I really disliked the pale blue top with the very dark trousers, It didn't look flattering at all. I think it is too harsh a line across the top of the thighs.

While I thought the camel coloured trousers a little casual, the blouse really lifted it. I love the gentle ruffles that give the ensemble a feminine look without being fussy. I also like the way the two pieces segue easily from top to bottom with no harsh delineation.

I love the first look. The blue is lovely on her. I love the earrings and bag :flowers:

The second look is a bit casual. It feels like she was meant to have a coat over it and took it off due to heat.

That said it is a very pretty top. And nice pants with it.?

:previous:you said what I was thinking. The blue top hit,at unflattering spot on the upper thigh and the whole look was too casual imo. The white and beige looked very nice although the pants could have been narrower.

Not to be unkind, but this outfit looks as though it was purchased at Walmart.

Oh no, the last two outfits were embarrassing. The different blues did look very cheap and I’ll fitting, I’m glad we didn’t have to see her standing in it. This last one with the pink baggy too long trousers looks,like maternity outfit from the sixties. wow, wouldn’t someone stop her before she went in public?

:previous: I have to admit I really liked the blue trouser suit. It looked elegant and blue is a great colour for her.

As to the cream jacket and pink trousers, I think they look great. She has certainly worn wider and longer trousers and the jacket is whimsical enough to be fun.

The Te Deum ensemble looked gorgeous on Stephanie and I really loved the touch of green on her hat and how she picked it up with her miniscule green clutch.

I like the evening gown and her hair, as always, is magic. Unfortunately, I don't particularly like her choice of tiara.

1. White outfit: Simple and flattering

2. Blush outfit: It looks like a maternity dress, I don't understand why anyone would wear if not pregnant. But good effort on the hat though

3. Gala gown: Typical Stephanie. It's not my type of gown, more suited for someone of MT's age imo, but not too bad either.

The dress in the morning was nice. But a sleeveless dress is totally inappropriate to Te Deum. And why Stephanie changed her outfit to Te Deum, when the others didn't? One could understand it if she would have realized that a sleeveless dress isn't appropriate to Te Deum. The dress is also very unflattering for her, making her look bigger than she is. The hat would have looked better without those flowers. The evening gown is ok, but nothing special.

I like her dresses and her jewelry, but is she pregnant? I notice all dress have a high cut.
She is very pretty

The gala dress is ok, safe. Neither stunning nor awful. The neckline and her updo are excellent. Turquoise jewelry... not so much although I appreciate she's trying different items from GDF collection.

More hair/jewels photos:
https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2018/PPE18062378.jpg
https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2018/PPE18062331.jpg
https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jun2018/PPE18062366.jpg
[...] And why Stephanie changed her outfit to Te Deum, when the others didn't? [...]
Well, the others did change outfits in the past. Perhaps they found that inconvenient whereas Stephanie doesn't.

Last edited:
I wish we could uncover the designers that she chooses- I spent a couple hours looking last night with no luck. It is said the family shops in Brussels, Paris, and occasionally in Luxembourg for clothing but I cannot figure out which designer she wears.

Stephanie looked fantastic. There is nothing inappropriate about bare arms for the teu deum. Churches that do have regulations, simply required covered shoulders (no straps, strapless).

1. The white look is fantastic. Love her hair. And I love the necklace.

2. The second look is very pretty. I love the hat. I love the pop of green though not the actual flowers. And the green bag.

3. The evening look is pretty. The dress itself is nothing special, but the whole look is fantastic. I love the turquoise jewelry on her, pop of color with the simpler dress. Again her hair looks fantastic as well.

Earlier this week.

The blue pant suit looks great. You can mix shades and she did it well.

The jacket she borrowed from Alexandra was not a flattering look IMO.

Unfortunately for Stephanie, from what I can see she is routinely out-dressed by her sister-in-law Claire who's just on a completely different level. But for the fact Guillaume was in uniform, I would not have guessed that he and Stephanie were the future GDs.

:previous: Claire looks like a hot mess more often than not imo, routinely dressed in hemlines that are too short for her or bizarre get ups that are haute couture but do absolutely nothing for her. The white evening gown she is wearing for National Day is lovely but she desperately needs a body shaper for the abdominal area.

In the 4 years since Claire married Felix I can remember no more than 2-3 occasions where I felt she looked superb

Her fashion sense is different from Stephanie but not demonstrably better at all.:ermm:

Actually I quite like Stephanie's gown especially after I saw the close-up. It fits her style and position.

:previous: a bit OT, in many occasions I usually think the best dressed ladies in Lux is M-T.

If we have a competition here, there is no question, no contest, that mt is best dressed. Competition aside, Stephanie often under dresses in her events. It is frustrating to see other ladies better dressed than she. However, these past three outfits are very much the exception
I was surprised to see only one post decrying her sleeveless appearance in church after the outrage when another royal did so recently. Her white day dress fit like a dream, lovely clutch, the necklace and earrings a bit heavy. I don’t hate the peach dress, the hat and accents are wonderful but doesn’t look elegant with that fabric. The white gala gown, yes dull but it fits and shows off the necklace. Her hair is Superb��

I was surprised to see only one post decrying her sleeveless appearance in church after the outrage when another royal did so recently.

I don't know so much about church dress code but I assume sleeveless may be allowed in Luxembourg (GDF)? as I remember other ladies wore sleeveless dress to church in national day too.

Last edited:
I was surprised to see only one post decrying her sleeveless appearance in church after the outrage when another royal did so recently.

My guess is that:
1. Different followers
2. No tabloid interest that can blow things out of proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom