Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style, Part 1: Oct. 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elie Saab ready to wear dress. Im glad she turned to the designer for such an event. Let's hope she isn't in Natan tomorrow ;)

She looks good in that color but I wish she would get rid of the shawl or not wear it the way she does which ages her overall appearance.

I really dislike this dress, it looks Plastic and Tacky. Its a disappointment for a Elie Saab dress...

Not liking it at all, reminds me of a Las Vegas showgirl, sorry.

Great color on her and the dress is very nice. So glad she picked Elie Saab. Love the tiara too! So glad she has a mother-in-law that likes to load her pretty tiaras!

I always love a bit of Elie Saab in my life but that dress is not for her. Especially the top part just doesn't look right for her body type.

The tiara and hair are not right for the dress either. You either go full out with that kind of dress, or you don't.

Oh wow! Stephanie looks beautiful!

Not that bad, I was expecting worse. She does love her shawls doesn't she.

I really dislike this look. The color and style just really don't suit her. I also think her hair looks all wrong with the outfit.

I quite like Stephanie's dress, the colour is nice and I think that the shawl is practical for when she's outdoors, as it might be cold (I don't live in Amsterdam and I don't know what the evening weather's like, so I'm just guessing here). I also think that this shade of blue suits her. The only thing I don't like about her outfit is the tiara.

Last edited:
Overall the look isnt working for me:0 her hair looks a lot darker than usual and "blonde" might have lifted the dress colour. Cant see the tiara properly but would love to know the colour of the stone in the middle. IT might help me decide the colour of the dress. IS it green? turquoise? not sure. The dress would look better IMO without the straps. They add to the 20/30s flapper look.

And if you need a wrap - make itan evening wrap, not a shawl. It looks "off" against the sparkle.

Elie Saab has got far more refined dresses than the one Hereditary Grand Duchess chose to wear.

Overall the look isnt working for me:0 her hair looks a lot darker than usual and "blonde" might have lifted the dress colour. Cant see the tiara properly but would love to know the colour of the stone in the middle. IT might help me decide the colour of the dress. IS it green? turquoise? not sure. The dress would look better IMO without the straps. They add to the 20/30s flapper look.

And if you need a wrap - make itan evening wrap, not a shawl. It looks "off" against the sparkle.

She is wearing the Nassau Sapphire Tiara.

Well I am somewhat underwhelmed. Not so keen on the dress.

I really dislike this dress, it looks Plastic and Tacky. Its a disappointment for a Elie Saab dress...

I feel the same way. If it had a bit less sparkle, it would suit her fine. The color is quite lovely on her though.

I thought the same. And the colour is totally wrong for Stephanie.

Last edited:
The dress is just not good on her strapless would have been better. No actually another dress would have been better. Is it possible she chose the dress to go with the tiara?

Not a good choice by Stephanie for tonights gala :sad:

Not a good choice by Stephanie for tonights gala :sad:

I agree, but I expect pretty soon to read posts saying "she is an aristocrat, a Conservative Catholic, still getting over her mothers death, not interested in being a royal clothes horse blah lah blah" to explain how this was a really good choice by Stephanie.

I agree, but I expect pretty soon to read posts saying "she is an aristocrat, a Conservative Catholic, still getting over her mothers death, not interested in being a royal clothes horse blah lah blah" to explain how this was a really good choice by Stephanie.
I agree. So many excuses are made for Stephanie when her outfits are clearly not the best fitting or make her look older than her years. For comparison, just look at the comments attributed to the Crown Princess of Norway who has dressed almost as badly as Stephanie recently. But of course, the crown princess wasn't born an aristocrat!!:bang:

From the commentary, I thought that the gown would be far, far worse. It's not my favorite, but not horrible.

I feel quite sorry for her with all of these shawls - she is like me, thin blooded and cannot stand the cold. I'd thrown on a blanket if I was cold, never mind the fashion..

You know, I wish certain of you people would cut out the snide "aristocrat" crap. It's not only annoying as hell it is untrue and unfair. For example nobody runs to the Duchess of Cambridge threads and insinuates that Kate flashes her thong because she's a commoner, or that Mette-Marit dresses badly because she's common. So why do you keep coming here with that garbage?? :bang:

Stephanie dresses the way she does because she does not have an instinct for fashion. PERIOD. She is finding her way. PERIOD. Not because of who her parents are or because she is Catholic or because she is mourning her mother still... which by the way she is.

She has been on the Royal scene for six months. When she has been married for 13 years like Mette-Marit and still looks like a depressed hillbilly I'll declare open season on her.

Got it?

For the record I don't think she was best dressed at the dinner gala nor worst. I liked the dress much better than the tiara she wore.

Last edited:
No cepe you are NOT alone. It is very unflattering, isn't it? It looks dirty.

Must be me but I think she looks lovely. Not the best dress but certainly not terrible.

I think she looks beautiful too dbarn67. I don't like her hair and I think she could have done a better job with her makeup, but overall I think she looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom