Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style, Part 1: Oct. 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The color of the jacket is really pretty, but I dislike the style of the jacket. IMO, it's really ugly.

The color of the jacket is really pretty, but I dislike the style of the jacket. IMO, it's really ugly.

I wish I knew where they sold that "really ugly" jacket. I'd love to own it! :lol:

Agreed. I'd be ok with it on an older woman but it just looks fussy to me on a young woman.

Yeah, I agree. It does look a little too old and fussy. Stephanie has great potential (her wedding dress was beautiful), so I'd love to see her wear things that are a little more fun and youthful.

Last edited:
Agreed. I'd be ok with it on an older woman but it just looks fussy to me on a young woman.

Her style, for lack of a better word, does seem to be that of a matron before her time. Maybe she gets her fashion tips from her mother in law or pulls things from MT's old wardrobe.

Maybe she gets her fashion tips from her mother in law or pulls things from MT's old wardrobe.

Hopefully sizes do not match.
Stephanie dresses like her social world (her previous one)
Belgian/Luxenb aristocratic families are conservative in their appearances. Same was Pcs Mathilde, which also comes from a very good family.
I like Stephanie, her personality gets out despite the quite/insignifiant outfits.

I agree fandesacs2003. Also the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg has never exactly been home to high fashion types and I am not even sure that the citizens of the Grand Duchy would be happy with a Kate, Mary or Charlene. Stephanie seems to fit the traditional image of the ideal Luxembourgish Princess in every way, and the people appear quite pleased with her.

She seems to be taking baby steps...two forward and one back. For example I loved the pants ensemble she wore the other day but I am not sure about the plum dress from yesterday. The color is way too dark for spring and the shoes and purse look like something QEII would carry...far too matronly. But it's not a bad outfit per se.

She has been HGD for about six months. I am willing to give her time to find her sartorial bearings.

Last edited:
I agree Princess Carmen, and I also really hate the purse. Or maybe it's just the way she is carrying it...reminds me of Queen Elizabeth or Queen Beatrix.

The only time Stephanie ever looks genuinely relaxed is around little children, same as Charlene of Monaco. I can't decide if that is a good or bad thing.

The color is nice, but the top part of the dress doesn't seem to fit properly and those shoes are terrible.

I don't expect her to replicate Mary or Kate or any of the other princesses, but it would be nice to see her in clothes that are less matronly. I think the clothes she picks age her and sometimes I have a hard time believing that she's in her 20's.

There is something wrong with the sleeves, particularly at the top; she is wearing lower heels - otherwise she is slightly taller than him. The bag is probably expensive but looks cheap.

How much time does she get?

I think the color of the dress is what ages it. It's too dark. This is springtime. Why not wear it in a pink or blue or peach? I have seen her in all three colors and she looks sensational in those shades!

That bag and those shoes need to go, period.

There is something wrong with the sleeves, particularly at the top; she is wearing lower heels - otherwise she is slightly taller than him. The bag is probably expensive but looks cheap.

If Stephanie was doing something to embarrass herself or her country-like wearing see through dresses or giving them a peek at her bum-I'd say she needs to get her act together asap. If the people of the Grand Duchy were beginning to complain I'd say asap.

Yes her wardrobe is a bit staid for her age but she is always, always presentable and seems to be slowly improving with each appearance. For a girl who I suspect never paid much attention at all to fashion before her marriage to the HGD, she is doing as well as could be expected after only six months.

Especially if she is struggling by on her own without any fashion help or advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
The colour is OK to me. I wear dark colour is spring and summer, see no problem in that

I like the plum color, but the style unfortunately makes it too matronly and I think the color is too strong for her. Stephanie seems to be trying improve her look in small ways and will surely get up to speed with her style soon enough, I think. For me, because she does so well with her public appearances you just want to see her look her very best in flattering styles and colors.

Last edited:

Since she's noble she get all the time that she needs. It's the commoners that have a hard time with people

Since she's noble she get all the time that she needs. It's the commoners that have a hard time with people

WEll said. Hadn't thought of that myself. Sooner or later the fashion police on here will some after her.

Frankly I'm not worried about how she dresses, I just get peeved with bad workmanship.

Glad she has lower heels and seems more confident walking.
The dress is very matronly, it's just cut a little to full, and the color is more for a brunette.
Much better appearance, she seemed a lot more comfortable. No scarf!

This is a definite improvement. I think with time Stephanie will figure out what works for her when she's out on official functions. She's doing great, and that's what counts.

Could you lose the sarcasm please? I have criticized the clothes of noblewomen from Queen Fabiola on down to the very aristocratic Mathilde of Belgium for years and so have many others on this Forum, so I don't get the point you are trying to make at all.

As I've said before, Stephanie has lots of room for improvement. But I don't happen to believe that she is a failure because she dresses older than her age, especially considering the fact that she's been married such a brief time and is obviously trying, sorry.

The slacks you are referring to that S wore during her engagement were not tight. They were made of what looked like a cheap material, perhaps polyester or a polyester blend and her underwear lines were visible which is not quite the same as giving her future subjects a full on view in my opinion. Anyway if we are going to begin discussing the behavior and wardrobe of recent Royal brides even before their weddings, nine out of ten of them wouldn't have a leg to stand on. :whistling:

Last edited:
The colour is not the best choice for her, but the whole appearance is OK.

I think the color of the dress is what ages it. It's too dark. This is springtime. Why not wear it in a pink or blue or peach? I have seen her in all three colors and she looks sensational in those shades!

That bag and those shoes need to go, period.

If Stephanie was doing something to embarrass herself or her country-like wearing see through dresses or giving them a peek at her bum-I'd say she needs to get her act together asap. If the people of the Grand Duchy were beginning to complain I'd say asap.

Yes her wardrobe is a bit staid for her age but she is always, always presentable and seems to be slowly improving with each appearance. For a girl who I suspect never paid much attention at all to fashion before her marriage to the HGD, she is doing as well as could be expected after only six months.

I completely agree with you and what you wrote about Stéphanie´s style.
The recent dress is ok with me,it fits her body and looks decent and nice,however the accessoires could have been more "fresh" and maybe a tad more youthful in my taste. Princes Victoria of Sweden also does not care much about fashion (in one interview she said so and told the reporters she asks Madeleine for her opinion sometimes)She prefers simple,minimal looks and comfy clothes for her day appearances,but Victoria is more daring with her accessoires and is not afraid of taking statement jewels or expressive pieces to accessorize her outfits.
I would love to see the dress again,only with different bag&shoes,I like HGD Stéphanie´s natural look and I am happy that she did not change herself overnight to fit into people´s perception of how a modern princess should look!

Had Stephanie worn a different pair of shoes and bag, the look wouldn't be matronly. I think the dress is fine different accessories would have been better

Had Stephanie worn a different pair of shoes and bag, the look wouldn't be matronly. I think the dress is fine different accessories would have been better

I agree, it's the accessories that take it to granny looking. I like the dress.

I see nothing matronly about this outfit, to be honest. This is a lovely dress that I would wear too.

About the sleeves, notice that they are not "normal" sleeves. They have some detail in the top area that, IMO, Stephanie's body doesn't carry as it should be, hence, they may look like there's something wrong.

Does anyone has any idea of the designer of the dress?

Some more pics from the same event

Side view of the Roger Vivier shoes ** Walking with different shoes

It seems she wore pumps with a high heel to visit an institution and then she changed to the Roger Vivier ones for walking around the town. I think it shows how unconfortable she's walking in high heels

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it the whole look and adore the bag love the shoes just love it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom