Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style, Part 1: Oct. 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why you could probably find them in Anne's closet; she hordes everything!

Saying this with love because Stephanie is so adorable, but maybe she was rummaging around in Princess Anne's retro closet.:lol:

Oh, you just gave me the funnies image of Anne, giving Stephanie fashion advice, and the latter actually taking notes :D :lol: :ROFLMAO:.

Yes, Daria, Anne is the doyenne of retro fashion and young Stephanie is probably sitting at her feet absorbing her words of fashion wisdom!:D

Last edited:
Yes, Daria, Anne is the doyenne of retro fashion and young Stephanie is probably sitting at her feet absorbing her words of fashion wisdom!:D

Is there no way we can put a stop to this? Who can we text in the royal circle?

She seems to have led a very protected life, brought by parents and siblings a lot older than her. Her breakout moment was the wedding but she is slipping back. I know some posters thought i was mad to suggest help from her m-in-law but she does need to know what is expected of her; the oportunities available out there and given a bunch of dough to go and experiment - wildly.

I would prefer crazy and out there as opposed to old fashioned, too large and blerrgh

She seems to have led a very protected life, brought by parents and siblings a lot older than her. Her breakout moment was the wedding but she is slipping back. I know some posters thought i was mad to suggest help from her m-in-law but she does need to know what is expected of her; the oportunities available out there and given a bunch of dough to go and experiment - wildly.

I would prefer crazy and out there as opposed to old fashioned, too large and blerrgh

Yea those pants were dreadful. The coat could have been cute had it not been for the hideous pants. She's a pretty girl, but she's dressing like her own grandmother and it's not doing her any favors at all.

I think probably you're right and she's very sheltered and will need some help to come into her own.

Saying this with love because Stephanie is so adorable, but maybe she was rummaging around in Princess Anne's retro closet.:lol:

Haha,that´s true,Anne has the funkiest funny 70ies fashion around :p
I love both Anne and Stephanie a lot for their personality,level-headed attitude and character,so I am always careful with my criticism of their sartorial choices.
Let´s be honest-wouldn´t it be boring without their retro fashion?
For me at least it is a nice break from the usual princessy clothes that we see everyday!
The wide-leg pants/Marlene/Navy-style could work well with a tight top,I like that trousers because they are so flowy and comfortable.
Nothing wrong with wide clothes, but I always go one part flowy,one part tight-so a wide pant combined with a tight shirt or a loose blouse with skinny/tight trousers,than it looks great!

I think that she looked very nice. And I love that scarf.
the hereditary grand duchess does indeed look very nice, retro and respectable, just like Luxemburg. Would posters prefer she show up in outfits more usually associated with RTL and its iconic presenters from the sixties? (look up the images and enjoy!:lol:)

I think she's dressing like her own grandmother and I'd love to see her still elegant but much more age appropriate than neutral blazers, wide legged slacks and scarves.

I have to say this, but I have a doily on my table similar to the pattern of that scarf.

I think that she looked very nice. And I love that scarf.

I have to agree about the scarf -although I personally like her look... The scarf can be left at the dinner table.

IMO the Hereditary Grand Duchess dresses exactly as i would expect a conservative aristocratic young woman to do.

She would never aim to draw attention to herself,{ill mannered} and is ,in any case new to her role. Perhaps in years ahead she may dress more in accordance with 'leading lady', but not until she is one.

She dresses like a suburban matron with 6 children at home and a husband who is the local bank manager. She is aging herself well before her time.

Plus-size ladies can look stunning with the right undergarments and suitable styles. I wouldn't be so conceited as to say that I've ever looked like a plus-size model, but I know that having things well-structured and in flattering colours makes a world of difference. Most of us "big girls" feel insecure enough about our appearance and know that it's not healthy to carry extra weight.

I'll apologize for mentioning it; I didn't intend to be rude, but you're right, it was not necessary to say so in public.

She dresses like a suburban matron with 6 children at home and a husband who is the local bank manager. She is aging herself well before her time.

Could not agree more. I'd love to see her dress like the lovely young woman she is

She looks lovely, IMO. And has a cute smile.

I don't like the colour combination, she should have used something dark to contrast with the jacket but her jacket is to die for, IMO. Unfortunately the pants keep being a problem....

^^It really looks like a mantilla typically worn to the Mass.

I actually think this is one of her better outfits. Not bulky or ill fitting. And the scarf adds a touch of texture without being heavy looking. And for some reason, her hair looks much better in these pictures. Highlights, a little shorter maybe?

Very dull outfit and the same ugly wide grey trousers. The jacket does not look up to date to me.
She needs clothes that fit.

It looks like a mantilla rather than a scarf. Was she heading out to Mass afterwards?

So funny... I thought the same thing. Maybe she is still thinking of her visit to see the Pope.

At the very least, Stephanie needs a skilled seamstress to check for alterations before she leaves the castle. Too often her pants or sleeves are too long and jackets or blouses are too tight. She doesn't have to be a fashion maven, but needs to be well groomed and neat looking. Certainly Guillaume and Henri wear clothing that is professionally tailored, but not so much for Stephanie and Maria Teresa.

I'm not sure what to think here. The shoes are quite lovely, but the rest of the outfit is not.

She's a prime candidate for What Not To Wear. Trinny and Susannah need to get hold of her, toss those pants in the trash bin on live TV.

Wouldn't it be crazy if Stacy London and Clinton Kelly ambushed her at one of her events, as they did in their show to unsuspecting people, raid her wardrobe, toss her stuff in the bin and do a grand makeover?:lol:

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be crazy if Stacy London and Clinton Kelly ambushed her at one of her events, as they did in their show to unsuspecting people, raid her wardrobe, toss her stuff in the bin and do a grand makeover?:lol:

I would watch that episode so many times. Like probably enough times to develop a drinking game.

They threw away another ugly scarf! Everybody drink!

The outfit wasn't outfit. Maybe she prefers that the events get the attention as opposed to what she is wearing. She doesn't seem like a clothes horse to me. What she wears, may it be matronly or youthful, is always appropriate. No one can say she looks sloppy or she needs a longer skirt. Maybe her scarves are her security blanket; she's in a new territory.

She looks sloppy with the too long pants and sleeves. She really needs a good tailor to fit her clothes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom