Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style, Part 1: Oct. 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:Exactly. She has found herself in front of the camera. That is going to accentuate ill-fitting and badly tailored clothes. And hairstyles that don't hold up well in her new life.

I am looking forward to her being able to walk more like a lady and less like John Wayne after a long day in the saddle.

Love the white coat but not the top.

latest Stephanie looks.

HGD Stéphanie & her husband received an audience at the Grand Ducal Palace, January 22nd.
**Full view**

HGD Stéphanie & her husband visited Doneck Euroflex, January 28th.
**Full view** **Upper part**

HGD Stéphanie & mother-in-law visited Staatlech Kannerheemer, January 29th.
**Full view**

HGD Stéphanie & her husband visited Luxembourg Air Rescue, February 2nd.
**Full view**

HGD Stéphanie & her husband attended the commemorative coin event, February 12th.
**Full view**

Last edited:
Long straggly hair is not too good. Hair has no body. Possibly she should wear it up, or pulled back in the manner of Princess Victoria of Sweden. She is a practical woman and doesn't spend hours on her hair style every morning, before pictures, so she perhaps should wear the hair some other way than in two rivulets on either side of her chest.
Princess Kate, even with her hair having so much body, didn't look too great when her hair was worn this way. It's only appropriate for a very young teenager, and I don't even like it on a teen. Her sometimes baggy clothes would not look so bad if she did something better with her hair.
I don't understand why her pants can't be better tailored so as to eliminate some of the bagginess. Does she even have a tailor? I think probably not.

I love Stephanie but she needs to work a little more on her outfits. Of course, a person should be judged by his/her works, rather than fashion choices. However, one's sartorial choices are unfortunately the first things that get noticed - and Stephanie's lack elegance or chic.

My main problem with Stephanie is how ill tailored her pants are. They always look so bad.
Apart from it, I don't think she dresses badly

She is a lovely woman, her clothes do need to be tailored though. They never fit properly.

Her look will evolve but at the moment it is not great some of the outfits the sleeves were too long so lots more attention is needed and she needs to do something with the hair. IMO

Perhaps Stephanie just needs time to come into her own in terms of style. I like the fact that she dresses on the conservative and modest side, however.

Stephanie attended Pope Benedict's final audience in St. Peter's Square on Wednesday. She wore the same simple black coat that she had on at her mother's funeral, and a black lace mantilla was on her head, but not the type of long one she wore last summer. Guillaume and Felix were there too and they all looked very excited. :)

I wish I knew how to upload photos. :bang:

I would like to see the picture too. Stephanie looked great at the meeting of the heirs,
and I thought it was so "Stephanie" that she rolled down her coat sleeves to cover her cold hands. That's something I've done myself, usually to block sun when I have no gloves. Hope pictures arrive of the audience at St. Peter's.

Excellent, Moonmaiden. Wonderful close up pics of Stephanie, Guillaume and Felix. As you say, Stephanie looked great in her mantilla, and so glad to see the Pope. And Gui clapping for the Pope was exciting. Altogether the best photo of them in recent days.

^^ So do I! But I agree that it's not very elegant, specially to take an official picture. She could stop it for a few minutes, I guess

I wonder why she and Guillaume just didn't wear jeans and a sweater like everyone else?:ermm:

I like her boots. Her dress could have used an iron?! or a good pull down?! to smooth it out but otherwise I like it. (Must-stop-getting-ideas-for-doll-clothes...aghhhhhhhhhhh...will have to download the picture...)

There is something about Stephanie that brings out the protective instincts in us all. But I'm sorry to have to say it, but that dress is a mess! It has to be cheap/thin fabric for it to crease that much; the colour doesn't help as its blergg; the style does not enhance how she looks. I've seen the pictures of her in Rome and the style of dress suited her as it was waisted, with a belt.

She needs help and I thought her m-in-law would have helped her. She looked so beautiful when she got married and Elie Saab wove the magic. She needs a fairy godmother. Or a stylist. Or both!

Stéphanie yesterday at the heirs' meeting in Apeldoorn
http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realez...deros/0-229-528/letizia-felipe-realeza--a.jpg
Photo from Cotilleando
http://i49.tinypic.com/2gxldkx.jpg

Her dress is so wrinkled and the sleeves look very odd like this. If she has rolled her sleeves to cover her hands, I think she would have managed a couple of minutes without that.

I thought it was odd looking but I also thought it was outdoors and must have been cold!

The rolled down sleeves are odd, but perhaps she was told it was "casual" dress for this occasion and didn't think she had to be perfect. It looks so much like something I would have done, although of course I am not a HGD. I sometimes take odd pictures because of what I wear so I try to neat up if there might be a photographer, but that doesn't happen once in a blue moon. Stephanie will continue to look neat and groomed in one pic and wrinkled and unusual in others...it's her charm. Maybe a little tad of rebel, too.

She's probably still finding her footing....as time goes along she'll make less mistakes when it comes to fashion.

LaRae

Other than her wedding dress I cannot think of a fashion success she has had.

The black coat and mantilla worn in Rome were excellent. Stephanie looked very elegant and regal, in my opinion. The pale pink/corral dress is a bit of a mess with the wrinkles and sleeves that are way too long. She could have worn gloves if the temperature was too cold, and as someone else mentioned, it was only a few seconds for a photo. Her boots look great on her.

Stephanie looked amazing in Rome! Very elegant.

Stephanie dress successes from my point of view: Black coat with elegant black mantilla in Rome, to say farewell to the Pope; she looks outstanding in black. Lovely purple dress for walkabout before her own wedding; she seems to look good in dark colors which bring out the pale/pink of her complexion. I am one who did not particularly like the Saab dress at the banquet before her wedding. It was the heavy looking and had no flair, just heavy heavy. Wedding dress also very heavy, but compensated by other nice things such as the spectacular hair do in concert with her family tiara.

She looked great in Rome, but the dress she wore to the meeting with the heirs is not so good. Sleeves are way too long and the material seems to wrinkle really badly.

The dress she wore to the meeting was just wrong in color and style. It also looked way too big with quite long sleeves. If she wears that color she needs quite a bit of make up to not be washed out.

She looked quite good in Rome.

She stood out in the heirs pic and not in a good way. They were all wearing trousers and jackets/capes. She was wearing what looked like an ugly colored spring dress paired with black tights and heavy boots.
Her hair is too long, and bi-colored. It needs to be shorter to give it more volume.
To be fair, the other CPs have several years on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom