Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style, Part 1: Oct. 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it, it's not a bad outfit. I wish we had better pictures of the outfit though.

I really like this look on Stephanie. Quite lovely.

Stephanie's outfit isn't too flattering from the pictures we have seen. It makes her look a bit bigger than she actually is and personally its too white for her to pull off.

dazzling said:
Stephanie's outfit isn't too flattering from the pictures we have seen. It makes her look a bit bigger than she actually is and personally its too white for her to pull off.

I don't mind the silhouette, but I agree about the color- it just doesn't flatter Stephanie's coloring. She looks better in very soft colors I think.

Stephanie's outfit is very lovely. She looks very nice.

I think this is one of the nicest outfit Stephanie´s worn. She looks lovely, Imo, and I´m so glad that there is no scarf around this time. I like that she wore black tights instead of nude ones, the dress look better with them.

Miss Byrd, I agree that the pictures we see on TRF are such a relief from the "shock" value of "Hollywood" and "celebrity". Stephanie always looks fine to me, but not dressed primarily to thrill us. I like the white dress but, as usual, I wish it was knee length. This is not a statement concerning "modesty"--I just think it is more graceful when a skirt is knee length. I guess they wear the short skirts to make their legs look longer but I don't think that's worth it. Her shoes look better than usual in the picture of the white dress.

She looks fine, but not really good. The dress is nice but I think that it is the wrong fit/style for her. I'm not hugely keen of the black tights, but I am thankful for no scarf.

She seems to be dressing like any other young woman her age, which I think is fair enough, except she's not just any young woman. It's very early days, but I feel she's in pretty desperate need of a stylist or two.

Unlike some other princesses, she didn't announce that fashion would be a big part of her aims as HGD, so she's entitled to a good deal of leeway. Having said that, she'll need to start thinking more strategically about her wardrobe as she's now a full-time royal.

It's not bad but it's not great .. hoping for better as the year goes on..

It's a nice look, but nothing to write home about. The stockings are too dark with the white.

January 29, 2013 - Stephanie wore a cream/white coat matched with light pants. Underneath the coat, she matched the pants with a purple/brown tunic and a belt.

Coat on ** Coat off

I like the look with the coat. Stephanie looks very elegant and sophisticated. Not sure about the look with the coat off. Something is not quite right, in my opinion.

Daria S I agree with you. I think it might be the length of of the shirt/top. It's too long or something. The color is nice but I really do think that it would have been better if the top were about 4-6 inches shorter.

The look with the coat on looks good but with the coat off is odd. I agree the top should be shorter.
But what I hate about her is the cut of her pants, they always look loose and don't fit her at all.

I like the outfit with the coat and I agree that the tunic top is too long and too intense a color for her; it overwhelms her. And the cut of the pants could be bettered tailored.

Last edited:
Good point, the clothes are overwhelming her, so is her hair.

Love the winter white coat.:) Hate the ill-fitting pants. :ermm:

Also it had been raining earlier, and that caused her super fine hair to go limp in the photos.

Love the winter white coat.:) Hate the ill-fitting pants. :ermm:

Also it had been raining earlier, and that caused her super fine hair to go limp in the photos.

Yes, it is a nice winter coat, can't really see the pants . . . but what I definitely disliked was the color of the tunic on her :sad: It seems the visit did not call for a very sophisticated look, it might take a little while for her to find a good style :flowers: Hope Grand Dutchess MT is giving her some pointers . . .

I love Stephanie, but she needs to hire a good gay stylist to march in and chuck out everything in her closet except for the Saab gown worn the night before her wedding.

It must be done.

The tunic was cute and is very European boho trendy.

IMO she's doing just fine but people have her pegged as a bad dresser.

The tunic was cute and is very European boho trendy.

IMO she's doing just fine but people have her pegged as a bad dresser.

I agree, because either she does not live up to people's fashion expectations or she doesn't follow other princesses' fashion "examples".
IMO Stéphanie, however demure in appearance, is a very strong woman who holds her own preferences and style of fashion. Good for her.

She reminds me of an early Princess Mathilde.

It's not that I don't think Stephanie is living up to my fashion expectations, I just think that in this outfit, she's overwhelmed by her clothing. No disparagement is meant otherwise; neither is any comparison being made to other examples of princess fashion. I think she can refine her style a bit better, that's all, which will come in time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom