Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style, Part 1: Oct. 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know fashion threads are for bashing but honestly I think the royal women that appear here on a regular basis all look good.
I know next to nothing about Stephanie de Lannoy as a person but she looks great. Fresh and a very warm smile.
A very attractive girl IMO.

:previous: Agree. I don´t know very much about Stephanie, more than she wore one of the most fantastics wedding gowns I´ve ever seen and that she doesn´t seem the fashionable kind of girl most of the time.

But I just can´t blame her for her fashion choices even if I don´t like them too much, I just like her. She always looks smiling and sweet, I think she must be an adorable person, or at least she gives that impression to me. She´s smart and had a great career before met her husband and is discreet and elegant in that way that doesn´t involve clothes and beauty. I admire her for not changing drastically her appeareance of ordinary girl to "fit her new role" as many would have desired and as many of the current CPs has done. She´s refreshing in the middle of those artificially fabulous-looking Princesses we´re used to.

I´m usually very critical with most of the other princesses´choices of clothes, especially the ones that are always praised for being "oh so beautiful/elegant/poised/well dressed", I have to admit that, just for spite, I love when they doesn´t look good at all, since I can pointing out that they still are ordinary girls who just happen to have more money than us :p :cool::devil:. Since they have spent a lot of their time trying to convince us of the contrary, I don´t think I´m doing bad if I "correct" some of their mistakes.

But I don´t feel that necessity with Steph, since she seems to not care for her clothes, why should I? She does´t care either for the critics to her attire. She doesn´t seem that kind of girl, IMO. As long as she doesn´t become a "fashion obssessed" I won´t care for her way of dressing.
She seems to be doing a god job as CP in the IMPORTANT things, for the few I know about her.
I hope she´ll continue this way and won´t dissapoint me ;)

This dress with patterns expands Stephanie in his arms and this dress look cheap.
I do not know if it was the right dress for this evant.

I liked the multicolored outfit. It was fun and she looked great in a pop of color.

Stéphanie with the grand duchess at a gala concert to support the SOS Children's Villages, 6th December.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Nice colour, but otherwise I don't like the outfit.

The dress looks nice, I love the color. Hate the scarf though.

I think the print is awful!

Unflattering dress and the print isnt pretty. She should stick to soft prints in the future if she wears print.

I dislike the print dress, but like the purple one. If she was going to accessorize with a scarf, a complementary print in a shorter length would have looked better than the too-matchy longer one. But she looks very sweet and happy.

Last edited:
I'm in the 'dislike the print dress' camp. It's too busy and reminds of something one would wear to run errands or to the movies during the warm months of the year.

It reminds me of the prints on Hermes scarves. So expensive!

She seems so adorable, that I find it difficult to find fault with what she is wearing. I think the purple goes really well with her skin and hair. Not sure that the long scarf was a plus. And, while I've never liked that type of print in the second dress...she is such a lady and has those delicate features and seems so sweet...that I don't want to criticize. So, even in that dress, she still has a great appeal.

She is a lovely young woman, but that print dress is ugly.

I'm not keen on such printed dresses either. It's rather dated, sorry!

Stephanie at the civil wedding of Archduke Christoph and Adelaide Drape-Frisch:

Full View

The outfit looks nice. I wonder what the blue outfit underneath looks like.

Not too bad. I'd love to see the blue dress under the coat.

Lovely pic, I hope there will be more of them !

Once again her scarf hides her jacket, which is a shame

I really like that shadd of grey-blue on Stephanie, and think that the style of the outfit is nice. She looks appropriate. The way that scarf is hanging hides the top of the said outfit, and that is the only complaint that I've got.

I think the outfit itself looks nice, but WHY on earth did she not take off the scarf inside? :nonono: It really ruins everything.

The outfit is nice but for an older woman. I agree that she should have taken off the scarf.

I am in the minority, this is one occasion where I love the scarf and think it adds to the elegance of the entire look. I much prefer Stephanie's church ceremony outfit to Claire's getup, in fact.

As for her civil ceremony suit, Stephanie needs to have her skirts and dresses tailored so that her hemline falls evenly. This is a consistent problem that I notice when she wears a skirt.

Last edited:
I agree, Moonmaiden. Stephanie needs to have her hems done correctly. Uneven. I like her in the dark coat she wore to the civil ceremony. She looks unpretentious. I think she does not think a lot about clothing. But she always looks appropriate. If she wanted to look dramatic she should wear the dark green or dark purple she wore in outfits prior to her own wedding, but I think she may have not wanted to upstage the bride here. But what do I know about that?

Not a fan of the outfit at the wedding. I don't like the print and I think it ages her. Not fond of the hat either.

I agree, Moonmaiden. Stephanie needs to have her hems done correctly. Uneven. I like her in the dark coat she wore to the civil ceremony. She looks unpretentious. I think she does not think a lot about clothing. But she always looks appropriate. If she wanted to look dramatic she should wear the dark green or dark purple she wore in outfits prior to her own wedding, but I think she may have not wanted to upstage the bride here. But what do I know about that?

Stephanie's adorable, I love her. She looked fresh and pretty at the civil service without the coat, and elegant at the Basilica imo.

I do wish she cared more about clothes because I care about fashion! :p But you are totally correct-as conservative as her outfits are they are never inappropriate and never, ever vulgar. She looks exactly like what she is, a young noblewoman who will someday be Grand Duchess of Luxembourg.

If I want to get my fashionista fix there are half dozen other princesses in Europe I can check out. ;)

Stephanie hit it out of the park on the one day that everyone will remember, which was her wedding day. She was the most beautiful Royal bride of her generation, imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom