Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style, Part 1: Oct. 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My feelings is she likes what she likes so let her be. I went to by a suit this summer and i asked what i should do for today fashion and i was told to wear what i like. I found after getting 2 suits that when i wear them with what is my style not others I felt like a million bucks. Went on 4 interviews after getting them and got 4 job offers. Just because you may not like what she wears she does.

maybe her priority is not clothes but learning the job, concern for her father and getting over the death of her mother.

Time enough to work out "royal" clothing - if that's what she wants.

maybe her priority is not clothes but learning the job, concern for her father and getting over the death of her mother.

Time enough to work out "royal" clothing - if that's what she wants.

Hmmm, other newly married princesses don't seem to be given that much leeway in their fashion choices. Generally they just get raked over the coals for not dressing according to their position and letting down their country.

Hmmm, other newly married princesses don't seem to be given that much leeway in their fashion choices. Generally they just get raked over the coals for not dressing according to their position and letting down their country.

perhaps they should. They dont spring, fully formed, like some goddess. IT all takes time and confidence - the last bit takes longer

It remains to be seen how fast Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie will find her own style. It would safe to say that there will be pieces from Natan, Elie Saab and, may be, Armani in her wardrobe. I for one cut her some slack because she, is a true aristocrat.

Last edited:
She's a beautiful lady, and she really NEEDS some guidance regarding her wardrobe choices.
She's young to dress up so "matronly".

Stephanie has plenty of time for fashion. For all we know she may not even be interested in fashion. I understand that fashion is a part of being the HGD but maybe she's fine with what she's got in her closet. Maybe she considers what she has fashionable - everything she's worn so far looks very good to me. They've all been appropriate and I've seen nothing frumpy in any of it.

It would seem that because she is an aristocrat she would know how to dress much better than the princesses who marry in to the title. She dresses too old for her age and she could at least take the scarves off in doors.

If I am not mistaken, Queen Paola has got the same outfit

I'm okay with most of Stephanie's outfits so far, although some of them could be more stylish and youthful. But when you're 28 and have the same jacket as a very old woman, you have to realize that something must be done about your wardrobe. I'm willing to give her more time though. She will learn after a while, no doubt. :flowers:

NoorMeansLight said:
But when you're 28 and have the same jacket as a very old woman, you have to realize that something must be done about your wardrobe.
generally, yes, but there are exceptions. For instance, a blazer in black with white piping is a classic piece that lots of woman will have, for a long time.

Again, let's let her grow into her role.

It would seem that because she is an aristocrat she would know how to dress much better than the princesses who marry in to the title. She dresses too old for her age and she could at least take the scarves off in doors.

It's just the opposite. Born noblewomen like Stephanie de Lannoy, Mathilde d'Acoz and many others are traditionally rather frumpy, conservative dressers with little interest or knack for fashion. The most recent exception was the late Lady Diana Spencer.

The truth is that it is the non-aristocratic young women who have "married in" who have dieted themselves into near skeletal caricatures, botoxed and mutilated their features, and spent enormous sums of their husbands' money for their haute couture wardrobes.

Unless Guillaume and the Luxembourgers begin to grumble, HGD Stephanie will probably never be a contender for Most Fashionable European Princess. But I do suspect that like Mathilde she will be one of the most dedicated and hardworking. Since she returned from her honeymoon last month Stephanie has been very busy and just this morning was on hand at Berg Castle to welcome Luxembourgish military and police, along with her new husband and parents-in-law.

That is not to say that Stephanie doesn't need some expert fashion guidance-I agree that she could definitely use some help. But since she has only been a Royal princess for a little over a month I am going to give her some time. ;)

Last edited:
Not only that, but she is still grieving for he Mother and worrying about her Father. Grief can take a long time to work through.

Honestly Grandma828 even before the sudden and tragic death of her mother last summer Stephanie wasn't exactly a fashion plate. She dressed neatly and with a certain elegance but as others have pointed out, it's clothing that tends to age her way beyond her 28 years. It might have something to do with being raised by elderly parents. As she herself said in one of her pre-wedding interviews she has always been around mostly older people her entire life.

I'd like to see her with a more age appropriate and fashionable wardrobe but I think this sweet, classy, rather innocent young woman is a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other fashion plate CP's. She has potential. She was the most beautiful Royal bride I have seen in years, perhaps one of the most beautiful ever. :whistling:

And she's just getting started. ;)

Last edited:
I agree, Moonmaiden - Stephanie was one of the most beautiful, ethereal brides! There's something about her that's different - perhaps she's more of an intellectual, and not that interested in fashion - at least right now. I think she'll get more help as time goes on..

She might just be like Princess Anne and not care about fashion and dress the way she likes and is comfortable.

The color is lovely on Stephanie, but that scarf ruins the look.

I liked the colour of the dress. The scarf appeared to overwhelm the ensemble. Perhaps Hereditary Grand Duchess Stephanie should use lighter scarves tied in beautiful knots.

Last edited:
Maybe she is still going through the grieving process. If you read an article on 'The stages of grief' you will find it can be a long process. Just be glad that she can find the strength to face the world.

Only thing I see wrong with the dress is the hem is not even. One knee protruding. Other knee covered by scarf. The scarf is not put on right so it will stay in place. If I were Stephanie (most certainly am not!) I would cease bleaching the ends of my hair and let my whole head be the honey blonde shade which is close to her head. But these are small things. She looks cheerful and interested and what more can one ask from a new princess who is in mourning as well as coping with her new status? She looks fine to me because she looks happy!

The color is lovely on Stephanie, but that scarf ruins the look.

I totally agree, even if she's cold I'm sure she could find a more discreet scarf :flowers:
But this colour is really great on her!

It is a really beautiful color on her. Stephanie seems like she's settling into her role very well.

She is really beautiful and I appreciate she lets her hair loose....

Stephanie is naturally beautiful. Liked both of her outfits esp the purple dress.

I'm not too sure about the scarves Stephanie seems to wear on all engagements since her wedding, but overall her style is quite nice.
However, the shoes I really dislike; the purple ones she wore with the lovely purple dress are particularly ugly.

I like he shoes they are probably comfortable. I dislike the scarf she should have worn it neatly.

Princess Stéphanie's multicoloured outfit on December 11 was certainly appropriate for a 28-year-old woman :). Her perfect ivory complexion emphasizes all vibrant shades. Besides, the dress' intricate patterns wonderfully matched her delicate facial features i.m.o.. I think she isn't the common type of a beauty but very special with those large, expressive eyes and natural yet kind of ethereal look.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom