Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style, Part 1: Oct. 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear really horrible IMO I don't thing the colour does a thing for her and the sleeves are too terrible I agree Frelinghighness they do have a few years on her but Mary has IMO always looked amazingshould we hope she gets advice there?? I am just not sure what is going on ..!!!

I think she wears what she likes and this is her style. I think if she asks for help Maria Theresa will help, but I don't see her volunteering style advice to Stephanie.

I am not sure MT would be my go to person for fashion advice.

Yes, Stephanie stood out in the heirs photo but not in a good way. I keep hoping she'll find her fashion footing soon, but she projects such an air of sweetness about her.

Last edited:
There is something about Stephanie that brings out the protective instincts in us all. But I'm sorry to have to say it, but that dress is a mess! It has to be cheap/thin fabric for it to crease that much; the colour doesn't help as its blergg; the style does not enhance how she looks. I've seen the pictures of her in Rome and the style of dress suited her as it was waisted, with a belt.

She needs help and I thought her m-in-law would have helped her. She looked so beautiful when she got married and Elie Saab wove the magic. She needs a fairy godmother. Or a stylist. Or both!

This is exactly how I feel as well. There is a sweetness, a throwback innocence to the girl. I like her but would love it if she got a sort of fairy godmother. I think her mother-in-law will not intrude for fear of violating boundaries. Anyway Guillaume has never looked happier, so I suppose Stephanie is not motivated to change a thing if the man she loves is content with her as is.:whistling:

As well as being a spectacular bride, I think Stephanie also looked lovely at the wedding of her husband's cousin Archduke Christoph.

This is exactly how I feel as well. There is a sweetness, a throwback innocence to the girl. I like her but would love it if she got a sort of fairy godmother. I think her mother-in-law will not intrude for fear of violating boundaries. Anyway Guillaume has never looked happier, so I suppose Stephanie is not motivated to change a thing if the man she loves is content with her as is.:whistling:

As well as being a spectacular bride, I think Stephanie also looked lovely at the wedding of her husband's cousin Archduke Christoph.

I agree with all of that too.

I did not mind the dress, I thought it quirky. My main issue was the wrinkles.

Because she wears so many scarves and has her hands in her sleeves I'm convinced she is one of those people who are always COLD, like me. So I can't blame her.

As for any mother-in-law deciding to give style advice to her daughter-in-law, it goes on top of my list of WHAT NOT TO DO. EVER. :ermm:

Her outfit in that photo was dreadful. Rumpled and frumpy. I do hope that eventually, she does find a style that flatters her and makes her feel comfortable. I'm sure she'll figure it out with time.

I think she already has a style that makes her comfortable quite honestly. It's the fashion watchers who compare her with the Charlenes, Kates, and Marys of Europe and find her lacking who are not comfortable.

She's had more "misses" than "hits" since her wedding day but again, if her new family and her new countrymen are not complaining then I guess it doesn't matter.

She seems to have her priorities in order.

I am not sure MT would be my go to person for fashion advice.

Agreed; I don't think MT ever looks nice.

(Though, clothing simply doesn't look attractive on a woman who is obese; that may sound harsh but it is a fact).

Agreed; I don't think MT ever looks nice.

(Though, clothing simply doesn't look attractive on a woman who is obese; that may sound harsh but it is a fact).

I think that it is a rude personal comment and unnecessary.

The wrinkled pink dress, when seen up closer in a secondary picture which I had not seen yesterday, has revealed its problem. It was pulled out of a suitcase, or else was the bottom layer in the back seat of the car. It is probably pure cotton, which wrinkles easily. The answer is to hang the dress on a clotheshangar on a hook in the back of the car, and to have a travel iron.
Stephanie was not thinking ahead with this dress, as to weather or how to keep the dress looking fresh. She was probably thinking about other interesting things and not about her clothes. If she saw this picture, she might now have some plans on how to keep clothes looking fresh when you are traveling without a maid or hairdresser or any of the entourage the really chic royals may have.
As a person who wears only natural fabrics (cotton, wool, silk) I understand how to make the cottons look well after travel. But when Stephanie's age, I didn't understand any of that!

I think it's a shame Charles & Camilla, Albert & Charlene, Prince Fredrik and Mette-Marit wasn't part of the picture.

I think Stephanie have her own thing going on. I think over time her fashion will change.

Last edited:
^^^^^
And Charles & Camilla have exactly what to do with the fashion choices of Stephanie of Luxembourg? Also Albert & Charlene are already a reigning couple.

Last edited:
I think that it is a rude personal comment and unnecessary.

I'll apologize for mentioning it; I didn't intend to be rude, but you're right, it was not necessary to say so in public.

I think we should all cut Stephanie a good deal of slack. It's pretty clear she does not have a stylist. Mary and Charlene, for example, have full-time stylists and dressers to find clothes for them and get them ready for public appearances, and even then they don't get it right all the time.

I'm sure the necessary staff and guidance will be procured for Stephanie which will help her discover her personal style and then to execute it.

Very nice outfits. I guess it's still pretty cold in Luxembourg? Can't wait to see what she'll wear to WA & Maxima's inauguration and Felix/Claire's wedding.

I don't think that color on the last dress is good for her but the style is nice.

More blerrgh. Please someone help her. Her hair looks good, she is an attractive woman but she needs sartorial help!

Her clothes look too big and baggy for her, sorry to say. She's got a lovely figure and needs clothing better tailored for it.

Last edited:
The coat and pants look really bad. The colors are terrible and the pants are way too long and wide, you can't even see her feet, I don't know how she walked.
The dress at the concert was nice from what I could see.
Great that she cut her hair, it frames her face now and gives the appearance of more body.

The too-long and too big pants are horrible, the rest it ok.
I would love to see her with more colours, she dresses very much in beige, brown, grey colours - as if she wants to hide herself.

Yes, a fashion stylist woule be great, to give her some advice.

Bye Bine

The coat would've been nice in a stronger color and without pants underneath.

The concert dress color is nice color on her and I give her credit for the hairstyle but unfortunately it only aged her.

Stephanie's two last appearances
Alzheimer Luxembourg Association

Side view ** Front view
I like her coat but I'm not sure it goes well with wide leg pants and I'm sure it doesn't go well with nude pants. Weird colour combination.

Concert: http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/4831/f201300580084800thumb.jpg
She looks just perfect in this last one

I agree with you,the coat is very cute and princessy,a beautiful choice of cut and colour-with a slimmer trouser or skirt it would definitely make a great outfit!

The dress from the concert is lovely,it suits her and she looks so sweet and innocent,I really adore her charming personality-very discreet and noble.

Other than that I believe she is more intellectual and doesn´t really care for fashion or superficial things,she may hire a stylist who is honest with her and tells her what cuts and silhouettes to take so that she can use her time for important things and not waste it on sartorial questions:)

I like the colours Stephanie is wearing and seeming to enjoy a lot-pastels and mute colours,nothing that is screaming and especially the icy blue colour look wonderful with her complexion and lovely hair:flowers:

I really like the coat, but not with the slacks that look absolutely sloppy. She has the figure to wear straight-leg pants, and they don't even have to be skin tight, but just a tad narrower than these (even bootcut would work, I think). The style of the dress is very flattering for Stephanie, but the color is not. She has a pale complexion, and the peach tone is just making her look even more washed out.

I really LOVE Stéphanie but tell me : where does she find this kind of pants ? I don't see people around still wearing them

Saying this with love because Stephanie is so adorable, but maybe she was rummaging around in Princess Anne's retro closet.:lol:

How do people (in their social circle) usually dress in their country?

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom