Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's Fashion & Style, Part 1: Oct. 2012 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie is such a pretty lady, with a very sweet and gentle air about her. Her clothing choices are always appropriate, but a bit boring and "old" for her age. I wish she would take a few risks. The scarves are becoming a habit, aren't they?

Not a huge fan of the hat, but the coat is lovely. She looks very nice.

I think Stephanie wanted to stay warm too which could be the reason for the scarves. It does look chilly. I think she's the kind of woman who puts her comfort before fashion. I thought she looked beautiful at both appearances.

I think Stephanie wanted to stay warm too which could be the reason for the scarves. It does look chilly. I think she's the kind of woman who puts her comfort before fashion. I thought she looked beautiful at both appearances.

I thought that because others are wrapped up as well. MAybe she needs furs like her mother in law

I love the silver coat, and I do love the fact that in the second picture she removed the scarf.

She seems quite sweet and lovely, but I think she dresses too old for her age.

Stephanie's look would've been a winner if she wore younger looking heels and a younger styled clutch. The bag and heels ruined the whole look. The coat fitted great and the hat is nice and she wore it well.

I love how she dresses. It is not a very youthfull style but it is elegant, tastefull and appropriate to her rank.

She seems quite sweet and lovely, but I think she dresses too old for her age.

I thought this as well. But don't forget, she is the youngest in a much older family, and her mother was older that I'm sure our mothers were. She was probably taught/brought up to dress by the standards her mother felt were appropriate for their position in society.

Agree outfits are old for her and don't say that she has made the choices.. IMO she would look great a little more colour. The green is really horrible but the style is great on her ... I am certain she will find her feet fashion wise.

As I love scarfs myself, I like the fact that Stéphanie also seems to love them.

well, it sounded like if I don't like scarfs, which is untrue. In fact, like you Meraude, and Stephanie, I also love scarfs and I'm loving the fact that she does as well. But, sometimes she uses them in a way that hide her jacket, which I think is a shame, because she seems to have a wonderful collection of jackets. There is no jacket of her that I didn't like until now, but the true is the most of them we couldn't see properly... but i'm looking forward to see what she'll do with them in the future.

In general I like what she wears. yeah, sometimes she could use something more youthful but it's true that she always looks appropriate and to me that's the most important. I'm liking to have a young lady who knows how to dress appropriately.

I liked what she wore to the wedding, both civil and religious...

I think her green gown would have looked better with a silver wrap, something to match her clutch, rather than keeping it in the green family. The shoes didn't go well with it, though, but the style and neckline look great on her, and I thought the color was lovely. Certainly it was more vivid. I hope she'll eventually find a suitable style.

Last edited:
Such a young and beautiful woman. Too bad she dresses like an old lady. She could need some help, she is only 28 but dresses like 82! I hope to see this lovely woman in better fitted and better looking clothes in the future.

I think Stephanie has so much potential and may be a late bloomer, like Sophie of Wessex. Some ladies take longer to gain their confidence and find the style that suits them.

I love that pale green evening gown on Stephanie. I think she looked better than any of the females I saw other than her mother-in-law and of course the bride, who was simply a dream at the reception.

I think Stephanie should have worn different shoes with that dress, however.

Stephanies green evening gown

Great she is in color but the dress doesn't look flattering. It's a pity that the only time she looked really well put together was the dinner before her wedding and on her wedding day. If she ditched the oversized scarf, then she would look so much more her age.

The mysterious scarf problem: When Stephanie married, the middle sister in her family was pictured in the church wearing an actual shawl--a much bigger piece of cloth than a scarf. She had no hat, just this shawl, which looked very odd compared to the rest of her family, that is, her sister and her sisters-in-law pictured near her. I think it must be custom for these women of Lannoy to wear scarves when they dress up to go to church, in case they need to put a covering over their heads within the church, which is the old-fashioned Catholic custom, to always cover the head in church. So they are always ready to cover up. However, Stephanie's sister Gaelle, who wore the shawl to the wedding, did not use it to cover her head then, so it's a mystery.
And also the concept of wearing a scarf for additional warmth has merit. Perhaps it was often cold and damp in the Lannoy homeland. I sometimes wear a scarf even with a heavy coat and hat when it's cold, to warm my neck.

Stephanies green evening gown

Great she is in color but the dress doesn't look flattering. It's a pity that the only time she looked really well put together was the dinner before her wedding and on her wedding day. If she ditched the oversized scarf, then she would look so much more her age.

It was probably a very chilly winter's night-so that's why her shoulders are covered. I suspect it's a Grecian style gown and it's lovely. Other than the shoes I think her gown and accessories are perfect.

Other than MT's it was the only other evening gown that I liked.

I think it's obvious that most here have become accustomed to picture perfect fashion conscious princesses. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but Stéphanie seems to lean more towards comfort than appearing all groomed up.
She seems really down-to-earth and she and Guillaume always look so happy on the photos. She dresses a bit like I would. Perhaps not no. 1 on the fashion list, but in what fits the person and what makes the person feel comfortable without dressing sloppy or baggy.

It's a great color but I agree with Dazzling, it's not very flattering.

Skippy, you're most likely correct about Stephanie's low-key mindset regarding her style of dress, and it's probably not her paramount focus right now. She and Guillaume do undoubtedly look very much in love, but since this is a fashion thread we're going to try and tweak her fashion a bit even though she seems to have an inherent sense of style, albeit a bit matronly. No one expects her to be picture perfect, and it's probably a matter of time before she does finds her fashion feet as befitting her HGD status. We're just trying to help her along!:)

Last edited:
Skippy, you're most likely correct about Stephanie's low-key mindset regarding her style of dress, and it's probably not her paramount focus right now. She and Guillaume do undoubtedly look very much in love, but since this is a fashion thread we're going to try and tweak her fashion a bit even though she seems to have an inherent sense of style, albeit a bit matronly. No one expects her to be picture perfect, and it's probably a matter of time before she does finds her fashion feet as befitting her HGD status. We're just trying to help her along!:)

Oh, I know. I didn't mean it bad in any way. I was just pointing out that Stéphanie is probably different from many other European princesses, fashion-wise. It will certainly be interesting to follow her choices, I know I will :flowers:

I did not like the green dress, but it could have looked different in real life because that color might come out different in a picture than in real life.

I still hold this beautiful woman close to my heart though, looking forward to follow her in the future. I feel that htis is a very warm and gentle woman, ok so she dresses a bit old but she has a presence and a way about her that makes her extraorinary nice. She is one of only two(??) princesses in Europe with a noble background who married princes over the last decade, the other one being princess Mathilde of Belgium. She probalby have a different view to a lot of things because she come from a noble family herself. Well that is just some of my thoughts about this lovely lady. :flowers:

I absolutely love the green dress; the colour is generally not my favourite but it works for Stephanie and the cut is very flattering.
This said, I must confess that to me the overall look is ruined by the wrap.

I really, really like Stephanie; she is one of my favourite Crown Princesses of this generation. And I do appreciate the fact she isn't too fussed about fashion. However, the scarves and wraps she wears all the time don't do her (or her cloths) any favours.

Last edited:
Well, I think we can all agree that Stephanie does love her scarves....:cool:

I thought the green dress lovely, and those black shoes horrible with it. I did not get a good look at them, but it looked like something Lillibet would wear these days.

I like the gown but the very large wrap really encompasses the outfit and mutes its vibrant color which I think is the problem. A complementary color or an iridescent material would have looked beautiful. She really does look lovely here.

Last edited:
I think Stephanie is so lovely. There is something special about her...a gentleness and a sweetness; so ladylike. I love the green gown on her; it goes well with her complexion and hair color. One of the things I enjoy about the royal ladies is appropriateness of attire, as well as beautiful fabric, lovely style, gracefulness.
Such a relief from the "wannabees" in Hollywood...who dress to shock...I think. In fact, "royal watching" is a pleasant relief from the chaos of the world. And, I appreciate the thoughts of those on TRF. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom