Gloucester, Kent, BRF Ladies' Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2004 - January 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

So we finally have a full and closer view on the dress she wore at Trooping the Colour this year, it's the same one:

** Trooping the Colour **

Oh, how pretty she looks, love that dress and adore those shoes.....great summer look.

:previous: Re: Lady Helen Taylor
I get the odd day when I have time to take a look back at photos on Getty.

On the day of Trooping, I looked back at her there, and she has amazingly stable style and frankly, is not showing age across DECADES. It's quite astonishing if anyone wants to go back and look at her across time. Well put together, distinctive and true to herself. I'm frankly jealous.

And I mention it because she was wearing this style of dress and looking just as well-pulled-together 20 years ago. :flowers:

Lady Helen is easily the most stylish royal of her generation. Even her missteps are fabulous because they're risky. I would love to know what her skin regimen is because she hasn't aged in a couple of decades.

Princess Michael is not looking her best at Ascot. For a statuesque beauty such as she, she's looking dumpy and frumpy in those outfits.

Princess Alexandra looks regal. Always has.

The winning carriage for fashion today. I love the deep colous - slightly Asian or African earthy colours and patterns. Spectacular x2.

And Princess Michael is fresh and lily like in movement in soft pastel.

Last edited:
Lady Helen looks impeccable in both the pink and navy dresses. The duchess of Gloucester looks ridiculous in the orange shirtwaist dress paired with green, ugh,the hat is most unflattering. Her earrings are nice though. P Michael looks like the flying nun in that awful hat. Her style is beginning to resemble the Queen mother’s

I am not a huge fan of Lady Helen's pink dress honestly. It looked better at Trooping with the hair and hat.

I love the DOG orange dress. The color is great. I even like her hat. I just don't like the color of the hat.

Michael's black and white look is bad. The tiered dress looks juvenile, and the hat is horrible. Her second look is much better.

Princess Alexandra looks lovely as usual.

Lady Gabriella and Zenouska at Ascot

https://royalhats.wordpress.com/tag/lady-gabriella-windsor/

Love Gabriella's bright yellow.

Princess Alexandra at the Hampton Palace Flower Show preview in East Molesey, Surrey, on July 2:

** Full view **

Princess Michael looks like she’s going to a garden party. Hardly suitably dressed

I highly admire the Gloucester lady's fashion choices.

They're all wearing clothes they could and have worn garden parties. What's wrong with that?

Sorry I should have been clearer, I wasn’t referring to royal garden parties, more a everyday person garden party. If you take the hat away she could wear that quite easily walking down a high street or frankly on any regular day. The outfit for me has no sophistication like the others, considering the occasion.

Sorry I should have been clearer, I wasn’t referring to royal garden parties, more a everyday person garden party. If you take the hat away she could wear that quite easily walking down a high street or frankly on any regular day. The outfit for me has no sophistication like the others, considering the occasion.

Princess Michael is not a working Royal though...the rest are.

Sorry what’s that got to do with what you wear? She’s attending the same event as The Queen, at Westminster Abbey, to make the centenary of the RAF and to me looks like she’s popped out for some milk and last minute forgot where she needed to be and grabbed a hat.

When Beatrice and Eugenie are criticised for what they wear to Trooping or Ascot, nobody gives them the excuse they aren’t working royals.

Sorry what’s that got to do with what you wear? She’s attending the same event as The Queen, at Westminster Abbey, to make the centenary of the RAF and to me looks like she’s popped out for some milk and last minute forgot where she needed to be and grabbed a hat.

When Beatrice and Eugenie are criticised for what they wear to Trooping or Ascot, nobody gives them the excuse they aren’t working royals.

IMO Princess Michael doesn't have the same need for event/engagment clothing as say the Duchess of Gloucester. Nevertheless, she looks perfectly appropriate.
I don't know anyone who wears a dress, blazer and heels like that to pop out to the corner store. ?

I certainly wouldn’t class The Duchess of Gloucester as a working royal, yet she’s dressed perfectly appropriately for the occasion.

Gloucester and Kent Ladies' Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2004 -

It’s hardly for you to decide who is or who isn’t a working royal:lol:

Where did I decide such a thing?

I think you’ll find that I wasn’t the poster who categorically stated who was/wasn’t a working royal.

Here, I believe:whistling:

You seem to be mistaken I said “I certainly wouldn’t class The Duchess of Gloucester as a working royal”, a personal opinion.

Not “The Duchess of Gloucester isn’t a working royal”, which is me stating something as fact which I do not know to be true.

I believe it was yourself who stated as fact that Princess Michael wasn’t a working royal so the rules of dress didn’t apply.

You seem to be mistaken I said “I certainly wouldn’t class The Duchess of Gloucester as a working royal”, a personal opinion.

Not “The Duchess of Gloucester isn’t a working royal”, which is me stating something as fact which I do not know to be true.

I believe it was yourself who stated as fact that Princess Michael wasn’t a working royal so the rules of dress didn’t apply.

Just basing my observation from engagements undertaken--I'm sure it is open to interpretation.

And I didn't say the "rules of dress didn't apply"--what does that even mean? It is not like Marie-Christine turned up in capri pants and a boho top. She was appropriately attired. This is kind of dumb to be arguing about, so I am bowing out.

Weekly Update to 5th July, 2018

The League Table

HRH The Prince of Wales – 320
HRH The Princess Royal – 268
HRH The Earl of Wessex – 250
HRH The Duke of York – 222
HM The Queen – 173
HRH The Duke of Cambridge – 140
HRH The Countess of Wessex – 132
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall – 131
HRH The Duke of Gloucester – 116
HRH The Duke of Kent – 88
HRH The Duke of Sussex – 72
HRH The Duchess of Gloucester – 58
HRH Princess Alexandra – 52
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge – 50
Vice-Admiral Timothy Laurence – 32
HRH The Duchess of Sussex – 13
HRH Princess Beatrice of York – 7
HRH Princess Eugenie of York – 7
HRH Princess Michael of Kent – 6
HRH The Duke of Edinburgh – 5
HRH Prince Michael of Kent – 5
HRH The Duchess of Kent – 3
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor – 1

Last edited:

Fashion is also about interpretation, I think Princess Michael was under-dressed. I see Princess Michael is also on that list of under-taking engagements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom