Fashion for the little royals Part 8: July 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: The Norwegian children look nice and comfortably dressed. The photo of Ingrid Alexandra and her cousin Maud Angelica taking a photo of MM is really sweet - loving their trendy looking polaroids! :cool:

:previous: The Norwegian children look nice and comfortably dressed. The photo of Ingrid Alexandra and her cousin Maud Angelica taking a photo of MM is really sweet - loving their trendy looking polaroids! :cool:

What post are you referring to, because I don't see any pictures/links to the outfits of the Norwegian children...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

My post actually, it's the last post on page 6.

Thank you! It didn't show up before for some reason. In any case, the kids look comfortable, and appropriate.

The children look really cute. I love Athena's top, and Henrik is looking handsome in his red shirt.

At four years old Princess Josephine has now reached the age where her "fashion choices" are being dissected, no kidding!

I'll spare you the details though and focus only on what Josephine is actually wearing.

https://app.box.com/s/hvdtbemnmlmx2uazo4sg4gmvh96qhdfd
https://app.box.com/s/3s5yl5ws15qmfpl3b1h0wi2hqamjk6yx
Here she is wearing a dress by Poppy Rose.

https://app.box.com/s/7u516srxtqyaf04rkrnrhr8np7g71smo
Big picture: Dress and shoes from Bisgaard.
Small picture: Dress from Dominique Ver Eecke.

https://app.box.com/s/ashwvumiist9why9gxh3d3l0xyk5vpz2
In the picture where Josephine is sitting on her mother's arm the author believes she has picked her clothes herself.
Picture top right: Dress from Little Remix and shoes from Bisgaard.
Bottom left: Vest from Moncler and sneakers from Skechers.
Bottom right: Jacket from Ver de Terre.

https://app.box.com/s/e92hx4xws0sg4in78h7m70nicu616aee

https://app.box.com/s/lrpn56lw2kacguyxjpo9an68ml8c7mt5
Far right: The poncho Isabella and Josephine is wearing is by Norlie.

:previous:thanks Muhler
such a cutie pie no matter what she is wearing. :flowers:
Always nice when she wears Isabella's old clothes

I am sorry but it is my personal opinion but that is not a nice dress. Lovely to see that child out and about alot more, perhaps it is a sign of her growing self confidence.

I am sorry but it is my personal opinion but that is not a nice dress. Lovely to see that child out and about alot more, perhaps it is a sign of her growing self confidence.

I don't care for the dress either- too busy!

Also, the pictures seem aimed at making Sophie look ridiculous.

Why is Louise always dressed so badly?, Sophie herself always looks lovely. And before anyone starts saying her clothes are age appropriate I'm not suggesting she be in a short skirt and heels but red trousers teamed with a too small looking navy polka dot blouse and brown leather (what look like boys) shoes don't need to be the order of the day.

Why is Louise always dressed so badly?, Sophie herself always looks lovely. And before anyone starts saying her clothes are age appropriate I'm not suggesting she be in a short skirt and heels but red trousers teamed with a too small looking navy polka dot blouse and brown leather (what look like boys) shoes don't need to be the order of the day.
Maybe it's what Sophie likes. Maybe it's what her family thinks is proper for her station and age. Maybe they are trying to avoid have her picked apart in the press, blogs and forums should she enter the fashion fray. It's not been so long that her parents were relentlessly second guessed about her eye condition. All by people who did not have all the info about her situation. And not much longer than that that people questioned Edward's sexuality and the reason Sophie might marry him. No wonder the Wessexes don't try to glom the spotlight by tarting up Louise in trendy clothing. Imagine the headline - "Louise gets horsey smell all over $1200 designer tee with Union Jack. The not yet teen is said to have a passion for Birkin bags and Hermes scarves."
So she's plainly dressed. At least that's the worst you can say about her - and that's been said over and over about her Aunt Anne and Grandmother as they dress off duty. And she is a child and she is off duty. Plain is safe.

Louise is old enough to have a say in what she wears now.I hope she is perfectly content in her clothing choices but at a certain age esp now days the majority of young girls want to start looking trendy and 'grown' and bags, shoes, cute tops etc are part of that. This completely developmentally normal and should not be discouraged unless it becomes a fixation. I hope they don't try to force her to stay a little girl is what I am trying to say.

Last edited:
:previous: Yes - and this may happen. But my point is that Louise may indeed want to look like a horsey young lady. I've seen nothing in her demeanor that says she is desperately seeking the fashion spotlight. Given that they let James wear more "normal" boy tees, I just see Louise as someone who is also wearing what she likes. Even if it offends some idea of what a "Lady" should be wearing.

I agree. She is probably perfectly fine with her clothing.... Right now. But if she just HAD to have that cute ridiculously expensive pair of boots or handbag, please please please!! As young girls are prone to do do you think she would have it? honestly? If her mothers first though is to deney her because of what the media might say or think than that is a case of skewed priority.

Last edited:
I agree. She is probably petefectly fine with her clothing.... Right now. But if she just HAD to have that cute ridiculously expensive pair of boot or handbag, please please please!! As young girls are prone to do do you think she would have it? honestly? If her mothers first though is to deney her because of what the media might say or think than that is a case of skewed priority.

I think it all depends on the personality, and preferences of the child. Right now, Louise seems content to look comfy, and modest. She goes to a school where uniforms are the order of the day, so perhaps fashion is just not emphasized. I think that maybe, when she's a little older, she'll be able to get the more trendy stuff, if that's her preference. I honestly think that it's better to be dressed modestly, and elegantly, and children don't always choose that, so it's up to the parents to instill that kind of thinking. Sophie, and Edward are doing a great job by allowing their daughter to stick to the conservative wardrobe. I would do the same if I had a daughter.

For every girl who wants that cute ridiculously expensive pair of boots or handbag, there are just as many girls who like wearing trainers and dressing in jeans and a tshirt.

There is zero evidence Louise is being denied anything.

Last edited:
But I don't call wearing a coat that should have been put away two years ago or way too short dresses either elegant or modest or comfortable. Properly fitting clothing is always in fashion :)

As we know next to nothing about what goes on behind closed doors and certainly not private parent child relations and frankly little concrete about the Childs habits, likes, peeves etc (barring horses) I don't believe any if us can definitely say she is being denied, listened to, let be or not .

Last edited:
Maybe it's what Sophie likes. Maybe it's what her family thinks is proper for her station and age. Maybe they are trying to avoid have her picked apart in the press, blogs and forums should she enter the fashion fray. It's not been so long that her parents were relentlessly second guessed about her eye condition. All by people who did not have all the info about her situation. And not much longer than that that people questioned Edward's sexuality and the reason Sophie might marry him. No wonder the Wessexes don't try to glom the spotlight by tarting up Louise in trendy clothing. Imagine the headline - "Louise gets horsey smell all over $1200 designer tee with Union Jack. The not yet teen is said to have a passion for Birkin bags and Hermes scarves."
So she's plainly dressed. At least that's the worst you can say about her - and that's been said over and over about her Aunt Anne and Grandmother as they dress off duty. And she is a child and she is off duty. Plain is safe.

There is definitely a middle ground. I am not keen on young girls being in the height of fashion either but I have rarely seen Louise without thinking how badly she is dressed which is a pity as there are lots of nice clothes out there for girls her age.

But I don't call wearing a coat that should have been put away two years ago or way too short dresses either elegant or modest or comfortable. Properly fitting clothing is always in fashion :)

As we know next to nothing about what goes on behind closed doors and certainly not private parent child relations and frankly little concrete about the Childs habits, likes, peeves etc (barring horses) I don't believe any if us can definitely say she is being denied, listened to, let be or not .

Comfort is not just about fitting, but also about how the person feels about him/herself while wearing a piece of clothing. Who knows, maybe that's her favorite coat, and she wanted to squeeze into it one more time. Her parents may have chosen that rather than dealing with a sullen daughter during a public appearance, it may be better to just let her wear the darn thing. It wasn't as if she just wore the coat, and stockings. There was a dress too. No big. You're right, we know nothing about what goes on in the Wessex household, but I would imagine that Louise's taste in clothing has been guided by her mother, at least when she was younger. The girl dresses in a conservative style, and I'm sure in a couple of years we'll see if she'll stick to that, or if her tastes will evolve. I know that when I was Louise's age, I had some interesting fashion choices, but they were all in a 'conservative' vein (as in no short skirts, or tight trousers). My mother tried to get me to dress a certain way, and it only lead to arguments. After a few years, she just stopped, and guided me by letting me know if what I chose matched, fit decently, etc. She still does that, along with attempting to get me to add more 'color' to my wardrobe. She doesn't get my fascination with plain clothing.

Exactly. You don't want to look trendy or your parents don't let you is one thing. But she just does not look... Nice or put together. Sorry. YMMV.

Last edited:
It was so nice of Sophie to bring Louise with her. Now that Louise is getting older, I wonder if she will start to accompany her parents to more events.

Louise's old fashioned outfits seem to be what she only wears on official occasions like Trooping the Colour. For more casual/non-official occasions like the Royal Windsor Horse Show, I think her outfits are more modern and better than her other outfits. This seems to be a common practice for British royal children, just take a look at George's outfits he wears to official events and then the outfits he wears in paparazzi photos.

I thought the outfit she wore for the hockey event was fine, the only thing I didn't like about it was the shoes - in WWII they would've been fine but in 2015 they're a bit old fashioned.

I agree with those who have said Louise is old enough to choose her own outfits and develop her own style, and perhaps that's why she still wears these kind of clothes. I remember when I was a few years younger than Louise, I had an old fashioned looking coat which I loved and still wore when it was a size too small for me. It was it's old fashioned appearance that drew me to it.

Absolutely love Elisabeth's bag! I'd get one for myself if they weren't so pricey. Her outfit is nice too. Good contrast between the dark jacket, and light trousers, and trainers. Eleonore looks great with her pink trousers, and ballet flats, and Gabriel is rocking the red trousers :D. Louise looks nice and casual, though I probably would have preferred different color trousers, but she's rocking them, so it's all good. The Danish kids look casual. Love Athena's purple boots, and flowered top.

Since I spent most of my waking hours from the age of 10 and up with horses I lived in jeans, teeshirts and boots. The only time I didn't wear them was to Church. I did sometimes wear tennis shoes to school..but always jeans and tees or casual tops.

I think it's safe to say Louise is part of the horse set. She's going to wear what she's used to wearing or comfortable in wearing. Let her be, when she's ready she will change her style of dress...or she won't.

Myself I'd rather see her like she is now than looking like a mini adult or tarted up in what passes for fashion in teens these days.

LaRae

I will say this... Sophie and Edward can't shield their kids forever. The state of the tabloid media now days means they will chew up even a minor Royal lady like Lou if she is not on point 24/7 365 days a year looking perfect. If you are not Kate, you are up for grabs it seems. I would hate for Louise to get lambasted and ridiculed for her clothes and style in a few years.

Daria S i agree with you. Especially i adore that bag :)

She's going to get comments on her clothes the rest of her life from the media etc...there won't be any pleasing them no matter what she does. She might as well please herself.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom