Fashion for the little royals Part 8: July 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Estelle's dress is sweet but I'm not a fan of the pattern in the middle, but that's just due to personal taste. It's nice that it has been passed down from Victoria, I was curious about that too. I love what Oscar's wearing, and it's cute how both he and his older sister are wearing soft shades of blue.

I love the color combination that Estelle and Oscar are wearing. It's a lovely gesture to dress Estelle in Victoria's childhood clothing and it's a huge plus that the clothing appears to preserve well. However, the pattern in the middle is not to my liking. It just looks off.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

All this Royal recycling has got me thinking as to when we will see Victoria and Madeleine wearing some of Silvia's old clothes...now there's a thought!

I am not sure whether I like those outifits, but at least Leonor and Sofia look appropriately dressed this time. If a think about the shorts worn by the girls last year...

I don't like their outfits for church, Sofia's pants look like jeans, Leonor's like pyjamas.

All this Royal recycling has got me thinking as to when we will see Victoria and Madeleine wearing some of Silvia's old clothes...now there's a thought!

Madeleine wore an old Nobel gown of her mother's to her wedding reception.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Louise is almost getting too old now to include in the "little royals" category!

Oh Lady Louise !I think we can officially say the little girl in Mary Janes has been replaced by a fashionable young lady:)

Louise is almost getting too old now to include in the "little royals" category!

Louise is quickly starting to look like a combo of her three older cousins, in style at least and height. She's really grown!

Yes Louise is definitely growing/maturing physically and in style. No longer the little girl look and Mary Janes. Looking far more age appropriate now and really like the look on her.

Even though I would rather have skirts or dresses for a church mass, I don't dislike Leonor and Sofia's pants. It was a windy day as you can see from the pictures, they went for a comfortable and practical wear. It was a safe choice.

Fashion for the little royals Part 8: July 2015 -

I like Louise's coat. The style is very elegant. However, the zips all over the place is not too great. The beret and the flats are lovely. She's dressing conservatively, but with a modern twist. Leonor and Sofia look comfortable, especially if it was windy outside. However, like others, I would have preferred skirts or dresses.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
I think Louise looks like her Dad and the Queen, and I love the way she is dressed. She's definitely growing up!

Leonor and Sofia are darling, but their outfits are too casual for church.

The infantas are so pretty with their outfits so obviously thought out; the ruffled collars, light jackets, pants and matching shoes, that once again "casual" can be more work than dressy. I especially love Sophia blue shoes.

Maybe its my tomboy side, or just tired of the old fashions, but I don't think women/girls have to wear skirts/dresses to church. There are exceptions IMO like meeting the Pope or something like a funeral, when certain traditions are good to keep to. The girls were well-dressed, they were not in play clothes. I don't see how them wearing a skirt instead of pants would have made them look more appropriate IMO.

:previous: I agree. I think it's fairly old-fashioned to assume that women and girls should wear skirts or dresses to church. And I remember when Leonor and Sofia wore dresses last year, people complained that they were too short so it seems like they can't win either way.

I think Leonor and Sofia looked lovely today (as always, I've always loved how Felipe and Letizia dress them). Age-appropriate and comfortable in what they were wearing which is the main thing.

Last edited:
Well I understand Leonor and Sofia are getting big now, so it's not sensible to expect them in dresses, but I just miss seeing them in their cute dresses. I am not a fan of their tops but I love Leo's trousers and Sofia's flats. The girls are looking great as usual in any case.

Leonor and Sofia looked great to me. But that’s just me.. I’m used to people wearing jeans even to funerals so they look fancy...

I think the girls looked fine comfortable and happy. What you wear has about as much to do with Easter as eggs and bunny's these things are not important.

Lady Louise looked wonderful! I much prefer this look on her to her past Easter outfits. She looks very stylish and I like her horse necklace, too. I wonder if that was a present from HM or if she bought it herself.

I'm not a fan of Infanta Leonor's outfit, I think the top is too childlike for her but I think I might be the odd one out (this is just my personal thoughts and not a criticism, usually I like Infanta Leonor's clothes very much). I prefer Sofia's, her blouse is very pretty.

Last edited:
Christian and Isabella look cosy and warm. I love Isabella's little headband, too.

I do find it odd that people have problems with the infantas wearing pants to church, but not with Christian wearing blue jeans :ermm:

That aside, I think both kids look cute. I like Isabella's skirt quite a bit:flowers:

I do find it odd that people have problems with the infantas wearing pants to church, but not with Christian wearing blue jeans :ermm:

That aside, I think both kids look cute. I like Isabella's skirt quite a bit:flowers:

The same thought crossed my mind. Lol

All the kids looked cute to me; it just comes down to how casual one thinks kids should look. Or I guess whether girls should wear pants to church.

Good point Countessmeout. Wonder when Christian will join the exclusive group of European royal men with his own set of red/pink/orange jeans? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom