Fashion for the little royals Part 7: January 2015 - July 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Estelle of Sweden is already dressed that way. She is, in my opinion, the most beautifully dressed little princess in Europe.

There is no need to wait for 4-5 years to copy Charlotte when there is already a perfect little Royal role model. It's Charlotte who will be copying Estelle, imo.:whistling:

My favorite little royals' fashion goes to Estelle too. But they can put little Charlotte in a plastic, mud-covered sack and stupid tabloids will be on their knees. I already see big problems ahead for the poor child, due to the press. But I am digressing.

All these little royals are dressed so well, this is one of my favorite threads.

That is why I say the invariable obsessing and copy catting of Charlottes demure frocks and the ubiquetous white tights Mary Jane combination will be a good thing. Little girls dressed like that are the most adorable��
Estelle of Sweden is already dressed that way. She is, in my opinion, the most beautifully dressed little princess in Europe.

There is no need to wait for 4-5 years to copy Charlotte when there is already a perfect little Royal role model. It's Charlotte who will be copying Estelle, imo.:whistling:
Erm, I think the reference is to the way Princess Caroline dressed her daughter Charlotte Casiraghi, rather than the way the Duchess of Cambridge may dress her baby, Princess Charlotte.

That being said, I think Victoria is following that trend (execept for Estelle's little rose coloured boots), and Estelle looks great and Madeleine is following suit with Lenore.

I think she does a good job in this in between childhood and adulthood phase.

I agree with this. Sophie Wessex take note - this is how Lady Louise should be dressing.

Charlotte will be similarly dressed the same way Louise was dressed as a toddler: Lady Louise 2006 - the traditional dresses and black Mary-Jane's. Designer Rachel Riley makes dresses like this which Lady Louise wore a lot and Kate used Rachel Riley for George. I have no doubt that Kate will dress her daughter in more modern clothes, just as we have see with George, but I would imagine she would spend a lot of her time in dresses and smart shoes. Lady Louise was seen in "modern" clothes as a toddler but was seen in dresses and black shoes/white socks and tights a lot (and sadly still is, but we will get over that.) Lady Louise at the Windsor Horse Show 2006

Last edited:
Eleonore looks very nice. The outfit is appropriate for the event, and I love the muted shade of pink.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Eleonore looks lovely. It's nice to see her accompany her mother to an engagement. I love the colours she's wearing - I can imagine her mother in an adult version of her dress, actually. :)

May 7: Princess Estelle of Sweden in a comfortable looking casual outfit whilst posing for some new photos at Haga Palace:

Full view ~ Close up
I agree with Molly, I think Charlotte will be dressed more like Lady Louise when she's younger, but in a bit more of an "updated" way. It seems to be the traditional way of dressing little royals in the BRF. Viscount Linley's daughter Margarita Armstrong-Jones was also dressed in a similar way when she was younger (2).

I would have thought the family would have a traditional gown like the other Royal houses do.

I would have thought the family would have a traditional gown like the other Royal houses do.

I thought the same at first, but as Marty91charmed has said, perhaps they bought the gowns from Dior because it would be "fairer" as one would've had to have had a bought christening gown in the first place. But, it would've been nice if the Monegasque christening gown could've been used for one of the twins, and the Wittstock christening gown (if they have one) for the other. What is the Monegasque Princely Family's traditional christening gown like?

I like the gowns a lot, they're nice and simple and the twins look comfortable in them. Their little bonnets are adorable.

Maybe they don't have a Wittstock christening gown?

I agree it's good to make things as fair as possible, esp for twins where one is heir and the other is not.

Maybe they do, but like with the Windsors it has grown so fragile that they had to retire it. Prince George was christened in a replica of the one that William, Harry, Beatrice, Eugenie and their generation all used, not the original 1842 gown.

Besides, with twins they needed two. In any case the new white silk-cotton Baby Dior robes were exquisite!

Last edited:
Do we have photos of Albert and siblings christening gown to see what It would like?

Last edited:
Poor Louise. At Easter she was dressed like a 6 year old, and now at the horse show she is dressed like a 60 year old. Can they not get her some fun age appropriate clothing!?!?

She was dressed perfectly for a horse show in my opinion. That is the style of clothes I see worn by girls of all ages - 6 - 60+ at equestrian events and shows, particularly if there is a chance they will be around horses in person.

She was dressed perfectly for a horse show in my opinion. That is the style of clothes I see worn by girls of all ages - 6 - 60+ at equestrian events and shows, particularly if there is a chance they will be around horses in person.

I agree, her clothes seem perfectly normal to me for both her age and the occasion. The only thing I could see as seeming a bit "grown up" for her is the jacket that she's wearing in some of the pictures, but then I've spent most of my life in warmer climates (and any time I've spent around horses has been at the height of summer), so I probably wouldn't be the best judge on that one. But, for being at a casual equestrian event, the overall look just seems quite normal to me.

Poor Louise. At Easter she was dressed like a 6 year old, and now at the horse show she is dressed like a 60 year old. Can they not get her some fun age appropriate clothing!?!?

I don't see what the problem is. Louise is always dressed in a more conservative manner, and her attire at The Royal Windsor Horse Show is appropriate for the occasion, and for her age. I have a feeling that she chooses her clothing, and may prefer to be dressed more modestly. I loved the blazer she had in too. It gave the look a little bit of sophisticated touch.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Oh I don't think she looks like a 60 year old at all. Her clothes are extremely appropriate for the event and age group.

I think Louise was dressed perfectly for the occasion. I also think that she is of an age where she is making decisions about what she is going to wear and not just putting on what her mother lays out on her bed without question.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the clothes are too grown up for her. The jeans are way too tight. The boots are too adult for a child of eleven. The blazer looks like it is a hand me down from her mother. The blouse looks like it is from the 1950s, probably a hand me down from the Queen. A regular pair of jeans not jeggings, a pullover sweater with a T-shirt or polo shirt underneath would have been more appropriate.

Louisa's clothing was very normal for the horsey set. She probably picked out what she wanted to wear. In the one photo where she was playing with her cousins she just had her leggings/stretchy jeans and long sleeved shirt on running around...totally appropriate. As far as big shoes go...she probably has big feet. She's going to be a tall girl. She's at that gangly awkward stage.

LaRae

The Royal Windsor Horse Show 2014-2015

I presume Louise chooses her own clothes as apart from special occasions like weddings it would be a bit odd if her mum is still choosing them.

To me she looks like a normal eleven year old, my 10 year old daughter and her friends live in leggings/skinny jeans and looser tops. The jacket was a bit big but typical attire for a horse show. Most 11 year olds have very definite ideas of what they will or won't wear based on what their friends are wearing (as long as not too short, see through etc it's a battle not worth fighting) and I would presume Louise is like every other typical 11 year old.

It looks to me as though Louise is wearing these Southwind Riding Boots Paddock Black Boston Black YKK Zipper Front | eBay or something very similar. I cannot imagine anything more appropriate for a girl her age, who is known to be a keen rider and has her own pony (or at least she was, and she did, as at 2012 when she had a fall from it and broke her arm) to be wearing to a horse show. Looking at the boots and leggings she's wearing I wouldn't be surprised to see her hop up onto a pony herself.

Exactly - she is wearing clothes that girls who ride horses wear to a horse event.

It looks to me as though Louise is wearing these Southwind Riding Boots Paddock Black Boston Black YKK Zipper Front | eBay or something very similar. I cannot imagine anything more appropriate for a girl her age, who is known to be a keen rider and has her own pony (or at least she was, and she did, as at 2012 when she had a fall from it and broke her arm) to be wearing to a horse show. Looking at the boots and leggings she's wearing I wouldn't be surprised to see her hop up onto a pony herself.

Yeah, I was about to say - I'm pretty sure those are just a pair of riding boots, nothing inappropriate there! In fact, almost everyone in the pictures is wearing boots or thick-soled shoes of some kind (even little Isla has cowboy boots on), as they're walking around in grass and dirt. It's a horse show, not a catwalk. And Louise and Sophie appear to be wearing the same kind of leggings, which seem suited for riding and, indeed, I believe they're both keen riders. The whole outfit seems quite practical (and appropriate), and a strange thing for some to get worked up about.

I think the clothes are too grown up for her. The jeans are way too tight. The boots are too adult for a child of eleven. The blazer looks like it is a hand me down from her mother. The blouse looks like it is from the 1950s, probably a hand me down from the Queen. A regular pair of jeans not jeggings, a pullover sweater with a T-shirt or polo shirt underneath would have been more appropriate.

For all we know, she could have picked out her own outfit that she wanted to wear and at the last minute told "NO". Perhaps she was subdued by the parental units to "fit" in. Later she gets on her connects and says "dang.. they are SO lame". KIDS! They have minds of their own. She has one and at her age, she's not a doll to dress.

Am I the only one who thinks it's unkind to be criticizing what an 11 year old girl wears? If this is the type of comment generated towards the 10th in line to the throne at a casual outing to an annual event held on the grounds of her home, I dread what Princess Charlotte will be subjected to in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom