Fashion for the little royals Part 6: April 2014 - December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand you perfectly, thank you ;) Attacking/criticising, you were implying that DoM somehow was too harsh in his critic because the Amalia, Alexia and Ariane are children and I merely stated that (respectfully) criticising royal children's clothing are not personal attacks on said royal children as you made it seem like - I know that I mean no harm when saying that I think they're too old to be dressed alike, I'm sure DoM don't either :flowers:

This is just out of curiosity and I don't mean to sound negative as it's just a general question, but by putting "respectfully" in brackets, does this imply that you feel my post in reply to your original one quoting mine was disrespectful or offensive? Because if so, I apologise for sounding negative, as that wasn't my intention. :flowers:

Yes, I did say that Duke was being a little harsh, but I did not say that he or she was attacking the AAA's. I respectfully disagree with your observation that I made it sound like that that's what he or she was doing, but I guess everyone has different views on how certain sentences were phrased.

Apologies again if this post comes across as negative as this is honestly not my intention. :)

- I know that I mean no harm when saying that I think they're too old to be dressed alike, I'm sure DoM don't either :flowers:

Exactly, sorry for being misunderstood by some posters, 'ugh' meant 'sigh' and its all about fashion/dressing alike in this case :flowers:

@HereditaryPrincesss: Didn't have anything to do with you at all. I approve of respectful criticism, not of disrespectful criticism and that was what I was trying to get across. I think we might have turned this into a discussion completely irrelevant to the thread, if there's anything else, let's take it elsewhere instead of clogging up this thread and spare the mods for having to delete posts :flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: Didn't have anything to do with you at all. I approve of respectfully criticism, not disrespectful criticism and that was what I was trying to get across. I think we might have turned this into a discussion completely irrelevant to the thread, if there's anything else, let's take it elsewhere instead of clogging up this thread and spare the mods for having to delete posts :flowers:

Thanks for the conformation and once again I apologise. :flowers:

Moving on to a different discussion: I thought little Prince George looked adorable in his red outfit when departing from his tour with William and Catherine. :)

I understand you perfectly, thank you ;) Attacking/criticising, you were implying that DoM somehow was too harsh in his critic because the Amalia, Alexia and Ariane are children and I merely stated that (respectfully) criticising royal children's clothing are not personal attacks on said royal children as you made it seem like - I know that I mean no harm when saying that I think they're too old to be dressed alike, I'm sure DoM don't either :flowers:

And then there are those of us who long ago realized this is that particular poster's typical way of posting, in order to bait people around here by saying things that barely skiffer along the line of breaking the rules around here, and have them on ignore. It makes checking things out around here far more enjoyable.

Thanks for the conformation and once again I apologise. :flowers:

Moving on to a different discussion: I thought little Prince George looked adorable in his red outfit when departing from his tour with William and Catherine. :)

Does anyone recall Catherine's shopping trip to the Gap (I think) when she bought a gingham shirt onesie (long sleeves but no legs)? I was looking forward to seeing him in that kind of cowboy shirt, but was disappointed! I wonder if he outgrew it before he got a chance to wear it? My son used to put on weight, and then he would sprout up taller. I could always tell when he was about to have a growth spurt because he got chunky first. Anyway, hope Kate didn't have to return it.

Does anyone recall Catherine's shopping trip to the Gap (I think) when she bought a gingham shirt onesie (long sleeves but no legs)? I was looking forward to seeing him in that kind of cowboy shirt, but was disappointed! I wonder if he outgrew it before he got a chance to wear it? My son used to put on weight, and then he would sprout up taller. I could always tell when he was about to have a growth spurt because he got chunky first. Anyway, hope Kate didn't have to return it.

I'm hoping he grows INTO it! :flowers:

I think Estelle looks cute with the bow, and I love Leonore's blue dress.

Sent from my SM-N900T using The Royals Community mobile app

Or perhaps Catherine was annoyed that the Gap told the tabloids what she bought and returned everything to the store. I know I would be furious if stores ran to the press to tell them everything I buy.

There was also a "report" in the Daily Fail that the Duchess had ordered a bespoke, $35K gown from Ralph&Russo(?) for the trip but she never wore anything even close to that on the trip. My point being, you can never entirely believe what is printed about the Duchess.

Leonore's dress is adorable and I love the little ducks. Like dbarn67, I think smocked dresses on little girls are sweet. I'm not sure how I feel about Estelle's dress, and her bow is a little on the large side, and I usually like Estelle's bows. I think I'll give her a pass as she was adorable today, and her coat is nice and smart.

Leonore's dress is very sweet. Smocked dresses are a must for any little girl in my opinion. Estelle's coat is okay, I'm not a huge fan of little girls wearing back unless it's polka dots.

George's white outfit from his arrival in Australia was Belgian
Prins George draagt Belgische outfit - De Standaard

Désirée Hohenlohe, designer of the brand Les Petites Abeilles, sent the suit with blue boats to the British Royals as a present when George was born

She had never expected he would wear it, but he did! Hohenlohe got a thank you letter.

Little George's note to self:
Outgrow that little suit as fast as possible.

(Mission Accomplished)

George is always well dressed and I love the white outfit as well.
Estelle is another child who is also very well-dressed.Loved the coat, loved the bow.
And how adorable little Leonore qithe her blue smock dress.:flowers:

I noticed the scrapes on Leonor's knee too! I think I always had one. Those girls are always well dressed and have nice hairdos.
Adore the little white Belgium suit PG wore.

Leonor and Sofia look lovely.

Both Leonor and Sofia's outfits they wore to their father's military event were lovely. Leonor's outfit looks nice and comfortable, and Sofia's dress is sweet and summery. Love the colours.

I'm not a fan of dressing the kids the same, but matching yes, I mean, same clothes but diferent colors, same clothes but diferent pattern, same pattern but diferent kind of pieces of clothes. I would dress my kids matching clothes, but not the very same kind.
But it's up to the parents anyway, however isn't Amalia too old to be dressing like her younger sister? I would be very annoyed actually if it was my case, though I don't have sisters, only a brother. Maxima dresses the girls alike for formal events, on informal outings they dress diferently, at least I expect them too on their next summer photosession.

Elisabeth is such a beautiful young lady. She's so elegant and delicate like her mother, so lovely. I like her dress, it looks more teen isn't it? I remenber when she went to that official engagement to the hospital. Her style has changed from children style to teenager, I love to see this growth.

I'm not a fan of dressing children in black like others said, on funerals I understand but it was a birthday occasion, however the coat is cute anyways and so is Estelle.

Leonor and Sofia are priceless. They were lovely on their diferent outfits, and confortable as well. Leonor is such a lady, she looks like a Queen now isn't she? :D

George is a bubble of joy. I Love traditional clothes on boys, though I dislike traditional on girls. So I love George's outfits, they are all too cute for words!!!

Last edited:
:previous: Judging by their Dad's dress the way the kids are usually sensibly attired for the season, I think it might be safe to assume the kids decided what to wear, not Mum or Dad. Next time it's suggested that a coat and warm shoes might be needed, maybe they will wear them ostensibly by their own choice.

To be fair, it has been unusually hot in Denmark recently and the whether changed quite rapidly into a windy mess on Sunday (I was in North Zealand (where Esrum is located) as well and the weather definitely caught me by surprise).

I love their vests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom