Fashion for the little royals Part 6: April 2014 - December 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Belgian children look quite nice and comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Must be quite nice to have a car free day. It looks a but chilly in Brussels today.

Princess Elisabeth attended a ballet competition in Anvers yesterday, September 27, wearing a very lovely blue and white dress and a white cardigan:

** Full view **

I love Elisabeth's fashion sense, it's feminine and at the same time her choices are perfectly appropriate for her and her age.

Elisabeth looks lovely and just right for the occasion. It's nice to see her again and I think she will be quite elegant once she grows up (which she has inherited from her mother :)).

I agree. It can be tricky finding clothes for a tween girl sometimes.

She wore this dress before, at her cousins' communion. She's really a beautiful girl who's showing her own sense of style, and has honestly a great taste for fashion...

Elisabeth looks very elegant, and the outfit is appropriate for a girl her age. It's refreshing to see some tween girls dressing in a more conservative fashion. Wonder if the dress was made especially for her, or bought in a store. In any case, it fits perfectly.

:previous: Agree... Leonor has a very ugly dress... it seems like a nightgown:lol:

I think that Leonor's and Sofia's dresses are great. I love these kind of traditional, in a good way oldfashioned dresses for girls and it is good that Letizia dresses them like girls and not little adults. It was also good that the dresses are of different colours. And they had lovely hairdos.

I think this may be the first time I really dislike something that the infantitas wear, but Leonor´s dress is just ugly. It looks like something that the girls in The Little Prairie House would wear. Sofia´s is much better, though still not a fav of mine.

Last edited:
The girls look great! I hate to say this but this is the first time I dislike Leonor's dress. The ruffles make the dress look bad and I think it would have been much better without that. I love Sofia's dress though.

I rather like Leonor's dress, although I'm not a fan of the large collar but I like the Victorian vibe it gives off as I've always liked the pinafores little girls wore back then. The colours are pretty. I do prefer Sofia's dress though - I love the pattern. I think Sofia's hair has gotten darker now, it used to be blonde but now is light brown, or at least to my eyes.

According to MyRoyals, that's correct, and Sofia's dress is from Nanos too. Leonor and Sofia get a lot of their clothes there - I seem to remember that the dresses from last year's Christmas card were also from Nanos, although their Proclamation dresses were handmade, as were the dresses from the recent summer photocall at the Marivent Palace. :flowers:

I'm afraid that the infant as dresses looked like nightgowns to me too. Not terrible, but with a different fabric, they would have looked fine in that cut. Their hair, shoes and overall posture and decorum look excellent as usual.

17 October: Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant wore a lovely and smart black coat and blue dress whilst attending an event commemorating WWI at Lichtfront in Belgium:

Full view ~ Side view

Photos courtesy of iceflower who originally posted them in King Philippe and Queen Mathilde's current events thread over in the Belgian Sub Forums.

She looked very beautiful and appropriate for the event.

I think Elisabeth looks elegant, and quite lovely. As to the young Infantas, not so much. I think they're a bit too old to dress in such style. Too many ruffles, and to me, the dresses look as if they were made at home, from old bed spreads.

A rare mistep for Leti dressing her girls, but the old bedspreads comparison is spot on. :lol:

Elisabeth was beautifully dressed for the occasion.

17 October: Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant wore a lovely and smart black coat and blue dress whilst attending an event commemorating WWI at Lichtfront in Belgium:

Full view ~ Side view

Photos courtesy of iceflower who originally posted them in King Philippe and Queen Mathilde's current events thread over in the Belgian Sub Forums.

Elisabeth looks lovely and is very appropriately dressed both for her age and for the occasion. The little girl beside her looks a lot like Princess Louise.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Full view ~ Side view

The coat and the shoes are from Armani

coat

Last edited:
Perfect Princess Elizabeth! Beautiful, chic coat.
Awful dresses of the Infantas.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

For the christening of Prince Floris and Princess Aimée's son in Apeldoorn, November 9,

I think its time that Maxima stopped dressing the girls in the same material/clothes. Especially for the eldest. Too cutesy for worda.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

For the christening of Prince Floris and Princess Aimée's son in Apeldoorn, November 9,

I think its time that Maxima stopped dressing the girls in the same material/clothes. Especially for the eldest. Too cutesy for worda.

First off, the way Amalia is holding her head, it's the first time I've seen an outright resemblance to one of her parents and it's pure Maxima. She's usually a pretty even mix of Wiliem-Alexander and Maxima, but this time it's all Maxima.

Second, ITA w/you. Long over due for the girls to be seen in different outfits when out in Public. Amalia's almost a teenager and she can't be all that happy having to wear the same thing as her Sisters.

This is one area where I wish Mary, Mathilde and Letitizia would try and put a bug in Maxima's ear regarding dressed the A Team all the same. I have no doubt they would be able to talk to her about it w/out offending her.

At least, I believe they could. Maxima listening and taking that advice however is another matter.

Amalia is only 10...11 in December. I think she and her little sisters look lovely together. And, maybe, they think it's fun to have clothes alike for special events. I think they aren't dressed the same for everyday. I don't know why anyone cares. They seem happy and certainly loved. I like seeing Amalia's obvious "big sister" care of the younger two. The time will come when they are no longer children and will not be dressed the same. In the meantime, I enjoy their sweet innocence.

I like the coats the Dutch princesses are wearing. I think that perhaps it would be nice if the girls had the same coats but in different colors. It would add a bit of a personal touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom