Fashion for the little royals Part 5: June 2013 - April 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time Maxima stops dressing them in the same outfit. It was cute when they were younger but especially Amalia. She's 9 now, come on.

I agree - Amalia seems very mature for age and does not need to look like her siblings dress wise.

Let's see...hmm, the print is too hard and strong and grey way too gloomy, BUT for young girls, this dresses would fit better for Teenagers, so that way they're not too bad IMO.

Dressing alike, I NEVER was a fan of dressing children alike, no matter the ages and no matter if twins or not. What do I like for children is matching colors (diferent clothes/same color) or prints (a dress or a blouse with the same print as we saw on Elisabeth+Eleonore) or even styles (dress+dress/shorts+shorts). So I will always hate too see the AAA's dressing alike, even though they dress diferently from time to time, but it seems when it's informal they dress diferently and when it's formal they dress alike.

Letizia stopped dressing her girls the same when Leonor was 5 years old and Sofia 3 years old. But Amalia is turning 10 years old, way to old for her to be dressing the same. AND there's no way she would want to dress the same as her young sisters, what I see is that when Amalia wears something, Alexia and Ariane would want to dress the same as her, it always happens all the time, the youngest likes to follow the eldest.

Just a suggestion, they could also wear the same type that Elisabeth and Eleonore wear. Ex: Elisabeth with pants and blouse and Eleonore with a dress in the same print as the blouse. It is matchy but at the same time, diferent.

Last edited:
What bothers me is not the dresses in itself (they are nice), nor the fact they are still dressing alike in formal occasions. I think it´s the way these girls wear clothing. Nobody seems to be there to straighten up clothing before the picture is taken. After all they are royals , now daughters of the king and queen, they should look more neat.Let us say, like the Belgian children, or Estelle or the two Infantitas, for instance.

What bothers me is not the dresses in itself (they are nice), nor the fact they are still dressing alike in formal occasions. I think it´s the way these girls wear clothing. Nobody seems to be there to straighten up clothing before the picture is taken. After all they are royals , now daughters of the king and queen, they should look more neat.Let us say, like the Belgian children, or Estelle or the two Infantitas, for instance.

That's the mark,of a dress that's too fussy. If you watch the video you can see the all three girls wrestling with the shrugs which didn't stay in their shoulders. Amalia finally abandoned hers at some point.

I think if Maxima would allow them more choice they'd look more neat.

Doubly odd because we know Maxima has taste and style and appropriateness ....why would she not dress her girls as suitably as she does herself. I'd hate for them to go the way of the York sisters in the future.

Just a question:

Why do everyone here say "Maxima should/should not"??

Aren't we in every respect past the thinking that dressing children is solely taken care of by the mother? :cool:

You are probably right but do you think really think WA or really any royal male parent is fussing over pattern and fit and color of his girls frocks....I would hope a king has other priorities .

This is the same discussion that happens on other forums about Lady Louise's clothes and the constant blame on Sophie. They say that it shouldn't just be solely Sophie's blame, but I can't see Edward REALLY picking out his children's clothes. The same for Willem Alexander and his daughter's.

WA Seems like the kind of guy who if his wife is happy then he is happy.....besides he lives in a houseful of women so discretion may be the better part of valor on fashion:p.

I disagree. Kids will be kids and I think it's nice to see that they're only human. I think CP Mary once said something about how she is glad that her children aren't little statues and I think that's very well put. Just because they're royals, doesn't mean they have to be flawfree little things.

Just a question:

Aren't we in every respect past the thinking that dressing children is solely taken care of by the mother? :cool:

To some extent I agree, but I (sadly) also have yet to meet a father who actually cared a little about colour-coordinating, straightening up his children's clothes and whatnot. I tend to think that men are more practical when it comes to dressing their children (at least that's my own experience :eek: :p). But yeah, we don't know if WA is also involved in the dressing of his girls, so it shouldn't all be thrown at Máxima.

Maxima also has nannies and probably dressmakers who might have a large hand in the clothes.

I don't mind the dresses, except that a little brighter shade would have been nicer. They are better suited for a funeral/memorial service than a wedding, especially with the dark tights and shoes. I have a feeling that the girls may prefer to dress alike for formal occasions; especially if the two little ones look up to their older sister, who will one day be queen. It's very likely, not to mention that the girls are old enough to at least have an idea of what they like to wear.

You are probably right but do you think really think WA or really any royal male parent is fussing over pattern and fit and color of his girls frocks....I would hope a king has other priorities .

Why not? He doesn't have to fuss, but I assume that in this day and age, he is involved and has an opinion on what his own children wear.

"This is the same discussion that happens on other forums about Lady Louise's clothes and the constant blame on Sophie. They say that it shouldn't just be solely Sophie's blame, but I can't see Edward REALLY picking out his children's clothes. The same for Willem Alexander and his daughter's. "

Why not? - men have been trained to change a diaper and they have been known to actually been able to figure out how to take their own offspring to and from kindergarten. Why shouldn't they care and have an opinion about the way their own children are dressed?

interesting[/I] combination XX is wearing today" (read = you're the mother for god's sake!! You dress them!).

I guess what bothers me is that I really find it surprisingly old-school that in this day and age most people still find dressing children to be the sole responsibility of the mother. It need not be - that's just what I want to add to the discussion.:)

The Danish kids look lovely. Loved Isabella´s coat. And Christian is so handsome!

Wow! Christian and Isabella are so grown up.
They are more and more handsome and pretty..:flowers:

Just a question:

That's because we dad's are wise enough to leave it to the children, especially the girls, to dress themselves once they are more than 2½ years old.

We have no sense of fashion, we can only distinguish between twelve colors at the very most - and we have been told by our wives, ever since the stork brought the children: "What are you doing? Let me dress them". :p
So what's uppermost in the drawer, that's what the children will wear that day.

:previous:

Going by the way the AAA's dress sometimes you may be right.....let's blame WA for this fashion blunder:p

Seriously, You are spot on.that was blunt but accurate in many instances.

:previous::lol:
I can assure that that can't be blamed on WA.
They would be wearing all sorts of things, but not the same. The oldest simply wouldn't allow it.

But this is the easy bit, just wait until all three girls become teens! :hiding:
Not to mention when they begin to be "rebellious", and wear gothic outfits or dye their hair blue or whatever. The secret to keeping that under control is to fret about something pretty harmless like a ring in the nose. Not all the time, just once in a while. They'll slam the door and act angry but in reality they will be pleased and feeling really "rebellious" and delight in having "annoyed" their parents. That'll hopefully prevent them from doing something more outrageous.
The worst thing you can do is to ignore them or try to "understand" them, which you can't because you are too ancient.
If you want to stop them from doing something even worse, like a tattoo of Justin Bieber on the arm, say it's a great idea and that you will have one too. That's the last thing a "rebellious" teen want! - Just pray they do back down or you'll end up with Justin on your arm. :p
You can also pull the mother's-emergency-break-against-rebellious-sons: tell him he looks cute.

We can comfort ourselves with the thought that our children are likely to eventually end up being just as arch conservative as we are in their eyes. :lol:

So WA is in for some interesting years ahead.

Last edited:
Lol. Can't go that far....the future Queen of the Netherlands and her sisters getting going Goth,pierced, tatted and becoming a metal head? Not likely ;) and normal rebellions and teen girl angst will be kept quietly out of sight. They seem sweet girls and WA and Maxima are apparently good parents so it should not be that dire.

But he is in for Interesting time, I agree.

Last edited:
Christian and Isabella look very nice, and grown up. I love Isabella's coat.

All parts of her outfit are just precious! :flowers: They probably put the bow in her hair so that she looks more girlish. It's better now that she has some hair, but still a tiny bit ridiculous :whistling:

Estelle looks so very sweet, and elegant too. One of my students this year has the same type of hair as Estelle, and her mom always wants to put a bow/hairband in it. The little one won't have it, and takes it out as soon as her mother is out of sight. However, it seems that Estelle doesn't mind the bow.

Estelle looks so very sweet, and elegant too. One of my students this year has the same type of hair as Estelle, and her mom always wants to put a bow/hairband in it. The little one won't have it, and takes it out as soon as her mother is out of sight. However, it seems that Estelle doesn't mind the bow.

To me, it's no more ridiculous than the breast cancer awareness ribbon, which she wears with surprising ease, given other toddlers I've seen. I'm not blaming the SRF, and I don't have anything against cancer awareness, but it's a teensy bit ridiculous to have a toddler wear a ribbon. Maybe I just need some sleep...

I can see your point but as long as she tolerates those kinds of things and it supports such a worthy cause, why not? They also had a little medal pinned on her at some event not long ago. Victoria and Daniel are very smart to get her used very early to crowds, strangers, being dressed up, wearing small articles without typical toddler fidgetiness and longish events.

Last edited:
Estelle is surely one of the best dressed little princesses. I would put her in a par with the Infantitas, the Belgian children and Christian and Isabella. Her outfit is lovely beyond words, so is her coat. Perfect!

I love the dress and coat, they are beautiful. I don't lie the bows in her hair, though some say they are to make her more girlish. Surely being a dress and tights makes it obvious she is a girl...

All parts of her outfit are just precious! :flowers: They probably put the bow in her hair so that she looks more girlish. It's better now that she has some hair, but still a tiny bit ridiculous :whistling:

I always wonder if her mommy will let her wear her hair down? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom