Fashion for the little royals Part 3: May 2011 - July 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, agreed UserDane...Sheesh, they win points from me getting him in a suit at all...I guess that is the difference in parenting styles - between Joachim and Frederik - all that formality can wait to Frederik whereas Joachim looks like a stickler for tradition...As for Isabella's dress, it is fine...At the christening of her twin brother and sister she was more formal because HER family was in the spotlight, but on this occassion it was Athena and her family in the spotlight...Isabella in a fancy dress would have looked way to precocious and obnoxious...This dress was the perfect balance of upcycled understatement...And remember, they are JUST KIDS :)

Isabella and Christian are so cute and well dressed !!!!

Personally, I do not think it matters if children wear a tie or not. I only found it interesting that Christian was not wearing one on account of dress code - but it probably does not matter for children. Which leads me to my question: Does anyone know at what age these 'rules' begin to apply?

I love that Christian is not wearing a tie. I really don't like too formal wear for small boys - or girls.
Ditch the ties till they are older and express a wish to wear one. They are kids, not miniature grownups.
I too don't like it when children are dressed like miniature grownups.
A tie on a small child like Henrik is downright ridiculous IMO. But he is such a cute boy I will overlook it.:)

Mothers put ties on their sons all the time at weddings and christenings, I don't see it wrong or ridicules. Its not like the boys are in ties at every event.

I think the kids looked very sweet. I really liked Christians purple shirt.

now that i can see a good photo of Isabella's heairstyle I wonder how they did it becasue she has short heair for a braide to go all around her head!?

Personally, I do not think it matters if children wear a tie or not. I only found it interesting that Christian was not wearing one on account of dress code - but it probably does not matter for children. Which leads me to my question: Does anyone know at what age these 'rules' begin to apply?
First of all, I thought that Henrik looked the cutest of all, except maybe his baby sister.
As far as "rules" for little boys, so that they don't look like miniature adults, young boys are often dressed in Eton suits at formal events like weddings or christenings, with or without ties.
Eton Suits / Formal Wedding Attire
Parents decide what is dressy or not for their children or in their family.

Also, BTW, several posters seems to equate ties with an adult burden, like paying taxes.
I know many men who enjoy wearing/experimenting with ties and decribe them as the only "fun" aspect of their wardrobe.
Also, many little boys look forward to wearing ties to be "manly" "just like Daddy" or something special. Like girls wanting to wear hose or heels, or jewelry.etc.

Children are created to be charming, almost no matter what they do, what they wear. Putting makeup on young girls, is where I would draw the line.

Last edited:
The danish kids all looked great. And my, they are growing up! Isabella looked especially lovely in her little coat.

Dressing children this way or that, reflects very much the personality and tastes of their parents. For me, it looked absolutely allright and proper the way Christian and Isabella were dressed in the christening of their little cousin. Also, perfectly allright and proper, the way Joachin´s three boys were dressed. The three boys, were very much in the limelight that day, because of Athena. But their cousins, could go less formal, but still elegant.
I think Isabella, has improved greatly in the way she is dressed, from her early years, when I many times felt bad seeing her with ugly clothing and not very groomed, compared to her brother.But, these past few years, she looks so pretty, well coifed and neat, even though she´ll always be a very vivacious little girl.
I loved her trench coat. Very nice colour.

Very trendy look for the little princess. I can't complain about the way the three boys are dressed as they always look so handsome.

kathia_sophia said:
Isabella with beige cardigan, jeans, beige boots and pink ribbon:

**Full view** **Full view 2**

Christian with blue cardigan and jeans:

**Upper part**

Nikolai, Felix (looking alike but with diferent color pants), Christian and Isabella

**Full view**

They are just adorable! And quite mature looking. LoL

Bella looked so sweet in the trench coat. Lovely matched with jeans.

Elisabeth, dressed with dark blue cardigan/white blouse/purple&blue print skirt/petroleum blue ballerinas shoes and Emmanuel dressed with light brown polo/brown shorts/white all-stars.

**Full view** **Upper part**

I think Isabella, has improved greatly in the way she is dressed, from her early years, when I many times felt bad seeing her with ugly clothing and not very groomed, compared to her brother.But, these past few years, she looks so pretty, well coifed and neat,
thank you for reminding me of how I also felt bad for Isabella, she has looked consistantly charming for some time now.

Elizabeth is such a sweet girl. She is always poised and serene - a real little queen in the making. And as usual dressed well for the occasion.

Im usually all for dressing children in cute traditional clothes but i find myself never liking what Louise wears - its always the same combination come winter or summer of heavy thick tights, clumsy shoes, dress and boxy heavy jacket. Looking at other royal children of her age Princess Elizabeth of Belgium and especially Margartia Linley they always look lovely and traditional but with a modern look at the same time.

James does look very nice and smart

Lady Louise is such a beautiful little girl that I agree that she is generally dressed in not so flatterig clothes. Mind you, I thought she looked lovely in this photo so does her handsome little brother.

Louise looks so pretty. Very delicate and lady-like. I love the dress.

Liking what Louise has worn for the Diamond Jubliee service - million times better than the river pagent outfit.

I loved Louise's outfit today, her shoes were gold! She looked adorable, as did her brother when they visited Philip. James looked so smart in his shirt and jumper and his trainers were cute. I am on my phone so can't link a picture of James but i am sure aomeone will. The Wessex quad are an adorable family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom