Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 9: April 2016 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the hat because it is like mom's, and I think that was the point. Looking at the baptism, Estelle seems to be in that stage. I like that she was trying to look like mommy in the picture.

I would have loved a hat like that at that age. And secretly I still do. ?

I was wondering about the Royal girls growing up, I see all of them use flats shoes, as we do not have a teenager jet wonder what age the royal girls use high heels? Maxia's daughter is very tall and Mathilde's daughter she is close to be a teenager and both they use flats. I see some girls here very young using really high heels, but I do not see appropriate

That is a question for each girl with her mothers go ahead to decide but I think both of the young ladies you mentioned are old enough for a kitten heel to start. Honestly I think many of these Royal ladies must have bad feet from walking in high heels constantly for years and decades.

Well, I think different here. I think that that large hat is quite ugly and doesn't flatter anyone, the least a child.
I like the hat because it is like mom's, and I think that was the point. Looking at the baptism, Estelle seems to be in that stage. I like that she was trying to look like mommy in the picture.
I would have loved a hat like that at that age. And secretly I still do. ?
Well Marty, that's a shame but I love it and think Estelle's sun hat looks lovely. She probably loves it because, as Countess pointed out, it's like her Mums.

Elenath, I am lucky enough to have worn hats like that all my life. The Summer sun here can be quite brutal and if you're fair-skinned like me you just burn and peel, repeatedly. At the moment I have 3 good hats and 1 for round home left over from Summer. All have wide brims.

Sun hats are for protection but if you have to wear one have fun, shake it up and enjoy!

Well Marty, that's a shame but I love it and think Estelle's sun hat looks lovely. She probably loves it because, as Countess pointed out, it's like her Mums.

Elenath, I am lucky enough to have worn hats like that all my life. The Summer sun here can be quite brutal and if you're fair-skinned like me you just burn and peel, repeatedly. At the moment I have 3 good hats and 1 for round home left over from Summer. All have wide brims.

Sun hats are for protection but if you have to wear one have fun, shake it up and enjoy!

I'm sure that that hat is very usuful for protection and all, but to me it's something that belongs to an older woman... there are many lovely hats for little girls... I'm sorry, but I can'y help disliking it!:flowers:

You should not feel sorry. Your opinion has as much validity as any other :) I actually felt the same way about that mini fascinator she had glued to her head at the Christening. I think she is going through a mommy and me phase though ��

:previous: I am sure you are right, Estelle is going through the "Mommy and Me" phase and some things will look cute and others, not so much.

:previous: I think they are considered "little" until 16 or 18. Thanks for those pics - I was just going to share the second in which we can see Louise is wearing a flat - but a very grown up ballet flat with gold decoration. :flowers: She got the "wear nude shoes" memo. And she is wearing a proper fascinator. For those of us who think fascinators can be proper. ;)

She is a proper poised young lady now no doubt.

Thank goodness! It is about time they put her in an age appropriate outfit that doesn't make her look like she is 5 years old.

Lady Louise's coat is by Zara, her fascinator is by her mum's old favourite Jane Taylor and her dress was Dolce and Gabbana.

She looked absolutely lovely today and so age appropriate. Starting her out with the nude pumps at a young age!

Louise looks really lovely. Age appropriate and very stylish for the day :flowers: In her casual clothes she has always looked her age and personality, nice to see at events she is now being allowed to dress as the teen she is.

I also loved that she was carrying a little clutch bag. What does a 12 year old carry in there? Either way I love it!

Louise looked lovely and I am sure she is cringing to think she is still in the little royals thread.... but I agree here she belongs for another year or so. Bravo Louise a charming age appropriate debut. very elegant and hopefully those horrible white tights have been banned forever from her closet. she is a proper young lady with nude ballet flats and a pretty pink coat.:flowers:

This is a lovely look for Louise and it's age appropriate. Not always an easy task for her parents to find a the right outfit because Louise is tall for her age. It's possible that she will be QEII's tallest granddaughter.

Yes, Louise looked lovely. I read once that she actually has a stubborn streak in what she wears so maybe parents and young teen finally on same page. Been there, done that and not always easy when it comes to dressing up. Casual, who cares. Proper affair could always be a hassle. I believe she is growing into a really pretty young lady.

I was wondering about the Royal girls growing up, I see all of them use flats shoes, as we do not have a teenager jet wonder what age the royal girls use high heels? Maxia's daughter is very tall and Mathilde's daughter she is close to be a teenager and both they use flats. I see some girls here very young using really high heels, but I do not see appropriate

I can only answer for this area and most young ladies start wearing high heels around 16 but have worn tiny 1/2 inch to church around 14. I think it depends on the area, the occasion and the child.

I'm glad to see that Louise is beginning to dress in more age appropriate outfits. Her pink coat was beautiful, as is her dress. Her fascinator and clutch are cute touches, too! The shoes are rather stylish and work well with the rest of the outfit. I feel that Louise has been really starting to blossom in the terms of fashion since the past year.

I think 13 is an age when I don't consider a royal to be little anymore, since for me it's always been the age when one's teenage years start. But, Princess Elisabeth of Belgium is still featured in this thread because she doesn't have her own one yet and she's 14. I agree that a new thread needs to be made, something like "Fashion & Style of other British royal women"? - and then eventually other threads for different RFs in a similar vain could be created if necessary. I could create the British one, if the moderators are okay with this idea.

Last edited:
:previous: I was actually initially thinking that, but then I noticed there's a thread like the idea I mentioned for the Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family, so I thought the moderators would prefer the "other royal women" title to teenagers. But, that sounds like a better title for this context.

:previous: Problem with the 'other royal ladies' you're basically having one for each country. It would be good to have one that combines all the young royal women. It could simply be fashion of the royal teens, not specific to gender. There isn't a wide range just yet, and we could discus both teen males and females.

Doesn't Louise have the most beautiful marvelous complexion? A true English rose...

I agree with a new thread but for teen royals (including boys) and not other royal ladies. This "little royals" thread could go from 0-13 years old, and the "teen royals" could go from 13-18 years old, until they became officially adults.

Many young royals are teen already like Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, Princess Salma of Jordan, Princess Alexandra of Hanover, Countess Eloise, and many others... Princess Catharina-Amalia and Lady Louise are going to be 13 this year, and Princess Ingrid Alexandra is going to be 13 in January 2017, which is not that far in the future.

It makes me sad to see the little royals grow up, it means I'm getting older. But at the same time I'm glad and happy to see them grow over the years.

I'd love to see a "teen royals" thread since we have a growing number of future monarchs who are entering these stage of life.

I was happy to see Louise dress as a teen too. And the outfit was a pretty color and fit. The skirt was a little short, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom