Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 9: April 2016 - November 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Prince George's style. William didn't wear long pants until he was 7 or 8.

I don't like the short pants any more on George than on his dad. At least in the 80s it was a bit more common. Would love to see them change it up a bit. Even if going for the old fashioned look, a bit of variety. His birthday photos we got a bit.

Love Charlotte in her little dress. She was do adorable :flowers:

But seeing their smiles and delight are the best accessory on any child ;)

I think they are dressed wonderfully....

I completely agree - George is dressed appropriately for a boy of his age. Some posters will say that it is not modern or practical or fashionable for a boy to be dressed in knee socks and shorts like George is but i much prefer this look than how many of kids his age appear today. George is royalty and this is how upper class aristocrats dress their children in a traditional prep english style.

Charlotte is just so cute in her smock dress - i love the blue she suits it. Personally i don't like pink as colour and it is great to see Kate not sticking to pink colours for her girl and dressing her in blues and other colours as well.

The kids are looked great in Canada so far

I think both kids looked very cute!

LaRae

I absolutely adore how George and Charlotte are dressed. Mi think the shots and long socks look very cute and proper on George. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the shorts are red. Mother stick out a bit. Beige would have been nicer, in my opinion. Charlotte looks so awfully cute in her dress. I always love seeing your no children dress like young children instead of mini-adults.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Still think it looks dumb. Especially on a play date.
Charlotte, on the other hand, looks lovely as usual.

I absolutely adore how George and Charlotte are dressed. Mi think the shots and long socks look very cute and proper on George. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the shorts are red. Mother stick out a bit. Beige would have been nicer, in my opinion. Charlotte looks so awfully cute in her dress. I always love seeing your no children dress like young children instead of mini-adults.

I wonder if they did red, in honor of Canada and in order for him to stick out and be easily visible if he got to running around and slipped away.

LaRae

I wonder if they did red, in honor of Canada and in order for him to stick out and be easily visible if he got to running around and slipped away.

LaRae

Excellent point. I didn't even think of it that way. Makes sense though.

Excellent point. I didn't even think of it that way. Makes sense though.

The reason I thought about that was because the Queen is always brightly colored (for visibility)...so I figured at a garden party full of children and other adults (vetted or not) probably easier for security to keep track of him.

LaRae

I like Charlotte's dress but George ... I start feeling sorry for the kid with his long socks and strange shoes for his age, always in a blues sweater with grandpa shirt underneath.

I agree, I can't see why George is always dressed in shorts and knee socks.
Especially since it was a bit chilly in Canada; why put the child in shorts and then have him wear a sweater?

Tradition is all very well, but it comes to a point where it is just silly!

I agree, I can't see why George is always dressed in shorts and knee socks.
Especially since it was a bit chilly in Canada; why put the child in shorts and then have him wear a sweater?

Tradition is all very well, but it comes to a point where it is just silly!
I think that is how boys school uniforms look for the boys until they are 11 or something. I think the shorts+socks is a rather common way to dress little boys in the UK, especially in the upper classes.

I think that is how boys school uniforms look for the boys until they are 11 or something. I think the shorts+socks is a rather common way to dress little boys in the UK, especially in the upper classes.

Yup, George’s whole look is basically a replica of what he’ll be wearing every day for the next 7-8 years of his schooling. Sun, rain, snow he’ll be in those shorts and knee socks.

http://www.carletonhouse.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Uniform-winter-1.jpg
http://www.carletonhouse.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Uniform-summer-1.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e0/d1/09/e0d109974abf597600b0bd1d73b9ebf1.jpg
http://img.cdn.schooljotter2.com/sampled/2221728/900/900
http://zt-four.zoodemo.com/images/article/blog2.jpg

I think it’s good that they’ve been teaching him that this is what he wears when ‘’working’’, be it royal work or school work. Sure saves on time deciding and fighting what is appropriate and what is not. It’s not like he can turn up on Buckingham palace balcony in a Batman t-shirt.

I think it's shame they don't dress them like normal children and not something from the 1930 upperclass. At first it was cute now it's like they want them to dress better than the other children at the party. Would love to see them in normal outfits just long pants for George for a start and not blue

George has worn long pants before at public outings. This was an official event.

LaRae

Charlotte was adorable in her departing outfit!

LaRae

George has worn long pants before at public outings. This was an official event.

LaRae

Not sure what the point of 'this is an official event' is :ermm:

A pair of long pants doesn't equate casual. In many circles, shorts would be considered the more casual option. No one is suggesting he wear jeans and a batman shirt. There are modern forms of dress clothes for kids.

It was an official outing for George and Charlotte as I understood it.

He's been snapped in long pants more than once when just out and around with his parents or nanny.

It's how the BRF chooses to dress their kids. They don't live like other people do. Not surprising they continue some of the older traditions that are still around in some circles.

LaRae

Yup, George’s whole look is basically a replica of what he’ll be wearing every day for the next 7-8 years of his schooling. Sun, rain, snow he’ll be in those shorts and knee socks.

http://www.carletonhouse.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Uniform-winter-1.jpg
http://www.carletonhouse.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Uniform-summer-1.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e0/d1/09/e0d109974abf597600b0bd1d73b9ebf1.jpg
http://img.cdn.schooljotter2.com/sampled/2221728/900/900
http://zt-four.zoodemo.com/images/article/blog2.jpg

I think it’s good that they’ve been teaching him that this is what he wears when ‘’working’’, be it royal work or school work. Sure saves on time deciding and fighting what is appropriate and what is not. It’s not like he can turn up on Buckingham palace balcony in a Batman t-shirt.
Exactly! And I think this is a bit similar to how their friends dress their kids. Not when they are going to the petting zoo. But when you are having a birthday party, or taking pictures, celebrations and when you "dress up". When a man would wear a suit, this is a normal formal way of dress for upperclass british children (and not only upper class I assume). When George is taking his pictures, on the balcony or like here when he was at a formal-ish childrens party (most women in dresses etc), his version of formal dress is precisely alright. Just like the queen has a scarf when hanging around the horses but a hat and coat on the balcony, George has his jeans at the petting zoo, and his shorts and socks on the balcony.

Well I haven't seen any photos of their friends children so can't comment on how they dress their children I gather you have. I would love to see them. They were laughing on a panel show about George's long socks and how does he keep them up does he wear garters ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Well I haven't seen any photos of their friends children so can't comment on how they dress their children I gather you have. I would love to see them. They were laughing on a panel show about George's long socks and how does he keep them up does he wear garters ?

I have not, hence why I said "I think". But the people I know from britain says that is how upper class children are generally dressed. And from the little I've seen when my cousins lived in the UK for a while (including their school uniforms) it seems about right.

I cannot say anything about that panel. I've not seen it, and doubt I would like to see it considering they mock kids.

People are so insensitive to how many kids dress on here, especially when that it the common style for school uniform at public school in the UK.
Someone link photos to various school uniform but it doesn't matter continued to mock and insult them just b/c it not the way one dress in my country, social circle.

Exactly! And I think this is a bit similar to how their friends dress their kids. Not when they are going to the petting zoo. But when you are having a birthday party, or taking pictures, celebrations and when you "dress up". When a man would wear a suit, this is a normal formal way of dress for upperclass british children (and not only upper class I assume). When George is taking his pictures, on the balcony or like here when he was at a formal-ish childrens party (most women in dresses etc), his version of formal dress is precisely alright. Just like the queen has a scarf when hanging around the horses but a hat and coat on the balcony, George has his jeans at the petting zoo, and his shorts and socks on the balcony.
Very well put. The women and little girls all wore dresses to this party, it was not a casual affair. Why ante people so intolerant of variation, especially in male clothing? I remember when it was shocking for a man to wear a pink shirt, in some places it still is.

No one is mocking or being cruel to the children we are having a discussion about the way they are dressed. That's what happens on TRF. You might like them dressing old fashioned I prefer to see them dressed up to date after all Kate isn't getting around dressed like the Queen Mother. But we all have different ideas no need to say I'm being cruel etc I take I offense at that.

People are so insensitive to how many kids dress on here, especially when that it the common style for school uniform at public school in the UK.
Someone link photos to various school uniform but it doesn't matter continued to mock and insult them just b/c it not the way one dress in my country, social circle.

Let's not blow things out of proportion. No one is mocking and insulting them, just because it is what kids wear in school uniforms, doesn't make it standard clothes for kids in the uk. This is a fashion thread, jet like adult clothes, not liking how someone is dressed is not mocking the person or their culture.

Last edited:
I think it's shame they don't dress them like normal children and not something from the 1930 upperclass. At first it was cute now it's like they want them to dress better than the other children at the party. Would love to see them in normal outfits just long pants for George for a start and not blue

Exactly!

Diana used to dress William and Harry in Oshkosh overalls, and they looked just as cute.

Compared to how some other royal couples dress their children, I'm very happy the British are more traditional.

Some little royals I've seen are kitted out like Kai Rooney :lol:

Shorts are 'normal' for British royal children. If William and Catherine choose to dress George like a pleb, people would really have a fit.

Last edited:
To be fair we are complaining about how George is dressed for public occasions when Prince Nicolas of Sweden is dressed just as traditionally for public occasions. At the christenings of his cousins Oscar and Alexander he was wearing very traditional clothing and shoes.
Prince Oscar's christening - That top is horrific and so shiny!
Prince Alexander's christening.

The British royals do like to dress their children traditionally and in recent years we only have Viscount Severn's clothing to put George's next to. James wore shirts and jumpers with shorts for many years. Admittedly he didn't wear knee high socks, but he still wore shirts and jumpers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom