Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 17: August 2021 - June 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She IS a child playing dress up. She has never been to a party like this before and may not get to go again for years. I would go full Disney with no regrets.

She looks lovely.

Exactly. I love her dress. It’s a beautiful color and looks great on her. She looks adorable and so excited to be there. It’s cute. She’s playing dress up. Love her headband too.

She’s worn pant suits for birthday pictures. This isn’t that different imo. Maybe more fun though!

On closer inspection, I like Estelle's dress very much. When she is standing it can be seen better.

I am so happy she is not wearing her glasses. They hide her pretty little face somewhat.

Estelle looks so incredibly happy! She is old enough to know who and what she is, but she's still just a little girl who gets to be, and dress like, a real princess. Almost every little girl on the planet has dreamed of going to a fancy ball dressed just like that. :princess3:

A good photo of Estelle's dress, she looks so lovely. And Oscar is very stylish too.
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0
Estelle looks beautiful and Oscar looks adoreable.

She IS a child playing dress up. She has never been to a party like this before and may not get to go again for years. I would go full Disney with no regrets.

She looks lovely.

Estelle looks so incredibly happy! She is old enough to know who and what she is, but she's still just a little girl who gets to be, and dress like, a real princess. Almost every little girl on the planet has dreamed of going to a fancy ball dressed just like that. :princess3:
Since the heirs have evidently gotten together along with their children on many occasions, most of them will not be strangers to Estelle. Obviously, the parents wanted to do one of those heir or generational photos which is why the kids came. For Estelle, as the youngest her parents knew that of course, the other girls would be in ball gowns, ribbons and orders and best of all, new tiaras.

I think Victoria's choice was marvellous with her own gown looking so lovely and like the confetti-like applique drifted down to form a headband for Estelle and decorate her belt. Her gown itself was pure "original" Cinderella blue, not too dark and not a washed-out pastel, no OTT ruffles or petticoats thus leaving a simple dress with fluttering short petal-like sleeves. I am guessing Victoria left her hair down because a proper updo would have been inappropriate for her age and added the sweet headband. I have a sneaking suspicion Estelle is very proud of her gorgeous long hair. It's not often that we see it flowing free like that.

All in all, Estelle looked quite charming and surprisingly not in the least overwhelmed.

I remain with what I said. I find Estelle's dress too much. Less would have been better. This dress looks like one for a birthday dress up party in the afternoon. I even find it a bit unsuitable.

Positive thing is that she didn't wear her glasses. There are so many nice glasses available and then she wears one with such a visible rim (..). Her face deserves nicer glasses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leah wears the gown that her mother wore in May 2002 at the concert for her wedding to Ari Behn.

Great choice. It looks really nice on her! Emma also seems to be wearing someone else's (her mother?) dress but in her case I think it is a misss. I assume Maud's (although she has outgrown this thread) is a repeat as well which seems consistent with her general style but nothing special.

Please discuss fashion choices only - off topic posts have been removed.

Princess Athena attended the flame ceremony at the Arc de Triomphe in Paris yesterday, June 2, to mark the Platinum Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth:

** instagram gallery **

And Lady Louise and Vscount James at the jubilee celebrations in London today, June 3:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 4 **

A good photo of Estelle's dress, she looks so lovely. And Oscar is very stylish too.
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0

I love the dress. Beautiful color.

Estelle's dress is very beautiful. The color is divine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to close this thread. The new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom