Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 16: May 2021 - August 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While people complain that their dresses are too big and ill-fitting, it seems like Leonor and Sofia have always been exceedingly carefully dressed so that no one can tell what stage of adolescence they're in.

Two possibilities for this changing are:
—Leonor goes to school in Wales, gets to dress herself, and picks slightly more usual teenage form-fitting things
—Or she doesn't do that, but her wardrobe changes anyway at some point before or as soon as she turns 18...

Modesty and shyness and living in a fish bowl are one set of things, but sometimes I get quite curious how much of this is dictate and how much is what L&S really want to be wearing.

That is called "regal elegance." Go demure, yet modern; elegant but without fanfare and above all, be very careful because they are exposing a 15-year-old girl and a 14-year-old girl.
In their daily life they will dress as they wish but in their public life, they have to be elegantly decorous at least until they are of legal age which then they will be able to wear more daring things.
It's called child protection.
Also, many times the looser dresses in open places, can indicate "protection" ... because no one will think that their parents let them go to public places, where they have to be, sometimes, sitting in the same place for a long time and they are easy target for any madman.
In Spain we have learned a lot about terrorism and the girls are sure that most of the time they do not go without protective clothing.
Today was something safer, very fast and a very short pose.

So, those sleeves are indeed supposed to be worn differently and not hanging down like Sofía's; I guess that would make quite a difference in the overall look and feel of the dress.

I do like her shoes!

Last edited:
The past year when reading online tabloids I've noticed that many people seem to comment on "fit" with the Spanish girls, but appear to really mean bust, as their issue with fit is about the chest area. These are children. And today they are at church. I would expect a very conservative appearance. And I don't think they need to have a tight-fitting bust to be fashionable or appropriate.

The shoulder seams always appear to be in the correct place, and the waists are usually aligned on the correct part of the body, (which is also harder with growing girls than with adults whose heights are stuck), so the dresses are typically not ill-fitted. They are just not intended to be closely aligned to the body per their designs.

I worry so much for both of these teenage princesses and others. I remember when Princess Victoria of Sweden had an eating disorder, and also how cruel the British tabloids were to the York sisters about their weight and appearance. Catharina-Amalia is already getting cruel comments online about her body type.

Being a teenage girl is hard enough- I hope I'm wrong, but it seems there are some members of the public that believe these kids have to show off the shape of their bodies for public consumption and must only have a certain body type while doing so. Which is so icky to me. I can't imagine a stranger telling me when I was 15 that I needed to wear tight tops or I was dressed incorrectly.

The past year when reading online tabloids I've noticed that many people seem to comment on "fit" with the Spanish girls, but appear to really mean bust, as their issue with fit is about the chest area. These are children. And today they are at church. I would expect a very conservative appearance. And I don't think they need to have a tight-fitting bust to be fashionable or appropriate.

The shoulder seams always appear to be in the correct place, and the waists are usually aligned on the correct part of the body, (which is also harder with growing girls than with adults whose heights are stuck), so the dresses are typically not ill-fitted. They are just not intended to be closely aligned to the body per their designs.

I worry so much for both of these teenage princesses and others. I remember when Princess Victoria of Sweden had an eating disorder, and also how cruel the British tabloids were to the York sisters about their weight and appearance. Catharina-Amalia is already getting cruel comments online about her body type.

Being a teenage girl is hard enough- I hope I'm wrong, but it seems there are some members of the public that believe these kids have to show off the shape of their bodies for public consumption and must only have a certain body type while doing so. Which is so icky to me. I can't imagine a stranger telling me when I was 15 that I needed to wear tight tops or I was dressed incorrectly.

Of course, it's enormously hard being a teenage girl and then even harder being one in public, and yes, people say stupid and cruel things whether you are famous or not.

But is the solution to always be hidden and dressed so that no one can tell you're a teenager? :ermm:

No one should be compelled to dress either revealingly or cover up. I think it will be very interesting to see what Leonor and Sofia eventually do.

They are both so lovely....beautiful in fact, with the most amazing heads of hair!

And it wouldn't surprise me if they grow to match their father's height!;)

Both beautiful girls dressed very appropriately as teenagers. I absolutely agree with BriarRose. Teens particularly girls, are self conscious enough without wearing form fitting clothes. These two girls wear shorter dresses because they are teens and it looks appropriate. The fit is just fine as it is.:flowers:

Leonor's blue dress was from "Klein".
Source: https://www.revistavanityfair.es/re...tas-elena-y-cristina-en-su-confirmacion/50258

Per that article, it seems the blue was intentional. Felipe, Elena and Cristina all wore blue at their Confirmations (the article also says that blue is the color of The House of Borbon, and the King wore a blue tie to match his daughter's dress because blue is also the main color of the Principality of Asturias' flag).

Posts that did no longer discuss any fashion choices have been removed as off-topic. Thank you for your understanding!

Source: https://www.revistavanityfair.es/re...tas-elena-y-cristina-en-su-confirmacion/50258

Per that article, it seems the blue was intentional. Felipe, Elena and Cristina all wore blue at their Confirmations (the article also says that blue is the color of The House of Borbon, and the King wore a blue tie to match his daughter's dress because blue is also the main color of the Principality of Asturias' flag).

The color of the Spanish Bourbon house is crimson red; the blue of the Principality of Asturias is much lighter. It is simply a color like any other and her father wears the matching tie because he is her godfather at Confirmation.
In any case, the different shades of blue are always associated, rightly or wrongly, with the title that Leonor bears. But it is also a color that matches her eyes and suits her very well.: flores:

But is the solution to always be hidden and dressed so that no one can tell you're a teenager? :ermm:

No one should be compelled to dress either revealingly or cover up. I think it will be very interesting to see what Leonor and Sofia eventually do.

The solution is to dress discreetly to stop being an object of criticism on social networks or an object of desire for some kind of obsessive ... Because they are girls and princesses and have a public function, they must dress as discreetly as possible and flee from everything which means a media boom that puts them in the eye of critics, the sick, or that distances them from their official work.
When they are of legal age, they can decide what to wear or not, but child protection must come first.: flores:

Chiara is certainly her mother's clone. Both girls' outfits are certainly on-trend, just not to my personal taste. But I do think their purses are darling.

The solution is to dress discreetly to stop being an object of criticism on social networks or an object of desire for some kind of obsessive ... Because they are girls and princesses and have a public function, they must dress as discreetly as possible and flee from everything which means a media boom that puts them in the eye of critics, the sick, or that distances them from their official work.
When they are of legal age, they can decide what to wear or not, but child protection must come first.: flores:

And yet other teenage princesses don't have to do this. You don't think they're already surrounded by enough security to protect them from any possible harm? It's not for safety, it's pure PR.

And you also admit that it's likely by fiat and not the choice of Leonor or Sofia.

I hope they get to wear whatever they want when they aren't being photographed.

And yet other teenage princesses don't have to do this. You don't think they're already surrounded by enough security to protect them from any possible harm? It's not for safety, it's pure PR.

And you also admit that it's likely by fiat and not the choice of Leonor or Sofia.

I hope they get to wear whatever they want when they aren't being photographed.

Each royal family makes its decision regarding its children and I only speak of the Spanish one, which seems appropriate to me.
In their daily life we have seen them on the street, taking a walk or going to the theater, so we know that they dress differently, and almost certainly, no 15 or 14 year old girl can impose clothes that she does not like.
The safest thing is that they know and differentiate that it is an official public act to a private one.
I repeat: it seems good to me to protect the girls, because they must be exposed (this cannot be taken or left) but also safe from many things.

The color of the Spanish Bourbon house is crimson red; the blue of the Principality of Asturias is much lighter. It is simply a color like any other and her father wears the matching tie because he is her godfather at Confirmation.
In any case, the different shades of blue are always associated, rightly or wrongly, with the title that Leonor bears. But it is also a color that matches her eyes and suits her very well.: flores:
I was just translating what the article said about the blue dress. But thank you for explaining the colors of the House and Asturias flag.

I was just translating what the article said about the blue dress. But thank you for explaining the colors of the House and Asturias flag.

Yes, of course. The comment was directed to the publication you mention, because they write a lot of nonsense. Nothing against your post. Sorry if it felt like something that corrected you, because it was only against the publication: flores:

Yes, of course. The comment was directed to the publication you mention, because they write a lot of nonsense. Nothing against your post. Sorry if it felt like something that corrected you, because it was only against the publication: flores:
No prob, no hard feelings :flowers:

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella at the "Oceano for all" event at the Oceanographic Museum in Monaco today, June 1:

** gallery **

Prince Jacques and Princess Gabriella attended the Celebration of the Festival of Corpus Christi in Monaco yesterday:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Adorably dressed. They look like a little Vickan and a little Daniel.

Madeleine's children also look lovely.

This blue dress is really perfect, just beautiful !

Estelle is going to be a very tall girl, look at her long legs! And nice outfit. Looks comfy. I love her hair like that too. Cute necklace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom