Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 16: May 2021 - August 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I think she dresses to hide her curvy figure, although there is no need to do so.
I agree, Also she is always in someway hiding her figure like in this case with a shawl. I saw some photo circulating on the internet, Amalia and her grandmother from the back, and wish they would take that photo down, not very nice photo, make her too look so curvy and big, not flattering at all .

I like Alexia's appearance best: Nice and age-appropriate dress and while I am personally not a fan of those shows: it works for her age.

Amalia's dress is something that she seems comfortable in and that works for the occasion; did you all notice the 'Love'-bracelet on her left wrist?

Ariane somehow seems to prefer somewhat dull 'old' dresses that she could easily keep for a long time to come as I wouldn't pick these for a teenager (but I assume she likes them!).

It looks like both Amalia and Ariane like Needle and Thread; their dresses are available in the sizes UK 4 to UK 20.

This might be a nice one for Ariane for a future occasion.

They are needle and thread dresses. I like those dresses , but I think you have to be very careful with those dresses. There is so much going on.... I think they do not always look good on tall Dutch women to be honest... I am almost 6 foot and I look frumpy in those dresses... terrible. Truttig we call that in dutch language. But Amalia pulled it of luckely.

They are needle and thread dresses. I like those dresses , but I think you have to be very careful with those dresses. There is so much going on.... I think they do not always look good on tall Dutch women to be honest... I am almost 6 foot and I look frumpy in those dresses... terrible. Truttig we call that in dutch language. But Amalia pulled it of luckely.

Those dresses are so lovely!

I think it helped Amalia that her dress was of darker color.

I really like Amalia's look, yes she's a big girl and curvy but it really suits her. It's her body type and I hope she sticks with her style. What I don't like is that she tends to cramp her big feet into some crazy killer heels, that are certainly not made for her feet. It's the same with Maxima. Not everybody's feet are made for Louboutin heels.

Alexia looks very edgy and as usual and Ariane, well, she still needs to find her style.

Last edited:
I agree, Also she is always in someway hiding her figure like in this case with a shawl. I saw some photo circulating on the internet, Amalia and her grandmother from the back, and wish they would take that photo down, not very nice photo, make her too look so curvy and big, not flattering at all .

All four ladies (queen and her 3 daughters) were wearing a shawl, so nothing special about Amalia doing so imho.

I think Alexia's wedges did not go well with that formal dress. They were totally misplaced. Though I must say that wedges are more comfortable and solid than those killer heels Maxima often wears. Amalia also wears wedges, not only killer heels, you can see the picture below:
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net...op=focalpoint&auto=format&ixlib=imgixjs-3.4.0

Also, there's a very interesting article about Princesses of Europe and their love for sneakers. You can see the pictures here:
https://www.hola.com/moda/tendencia...nda-zapatillas-blancas-converse-nike-looks/1/

I thought Christian would wear an alb, like Sverre-Magnus of Norway on his confirmation.

I thought Christian would wear an alb, like Sverre-Magnus of Norway on his confirmation.

That's probably Norwegian thing? From the DRF's post yesterday it seems that the Danish only wears dress and suit.

Christian is smart and handsome, Isabella nails that mature outfit without looking old.

Is it the first time Christian is wearing a three-piece suit?

I love how well coordinated the family is. The only outfit I don't like is Isabella's. However, it seems those wide suit-type jackets are popular among teenage girls in Europe at the moment (or at least among the royals among them; as we saw Leonor and Sofia wearing such a wide jacket as well).

All the boys looking very dapper in their suits. Josephine looking very cute in that her dotted skirt, and I love that the jacket has a matching purse :D Not a big fan of Isabella's outfit either, especially not the wide-legged trousers, but both that type of trousers and the jacket are very fashionable these days.

Traditionally in Denmark, boys wear suits and girls wear white for their confirmation.

They all look very smart and well dressed for the Confirmation Ceremony.

All the boys looking very dapper in their suits. Josephine looking very cute in that her dotted skirt, and I love that the jacket has a matching purse :D Not a big fan of Isabella's outfit either, especially not the wide-legged trousers, but both that type of trousers and the jacket are very fashionable these days.

Traditionally in Denmark, boys wear suits and girls wear white for their confirmation.

I assume Isabella's confirmation will be next year? So, we can expect to see her in a white dress (not an off-white suit like today)?!

:previous: Yes, Tranegårdsskolen do their confirmations in Year 8 which Bella will enter this fall, so assuming everything goes according to plan, she'll be confirmed next spring.

Most girls wear white (and I've also been to confirmations, including my own, where some have been wearing off-white, bordering on beige) dresses (like QMII did). She could wear a suit, if she wanted to, but most girls opt for a dress. I suppose that depends on your personality.

I love that the family coordinated their outfits, though I dislike Isabella's fashion choice (hate those wide trousers, jacket is okay-ish, nothing memorable).

I love that the men's ties coordinate with Mary's dress and Josephine's skirt. My favourite outfit is Josephine's, she looks so cute (her purse matches the jacket, which reminds me of Chanel, but probably isn't). I only dislike her shoes.

I liked Isabellas choice of clothes and was happy to see that she was not forced to wear a dress in which she would appear as if she was still under ten. (Or the worse, also a polka dot dress in blue and white...) I especially liked her pinned back hair.
Dark shoes for Josephine would have been a better choice but sometimes its just as it is and a girl has light blue shoes.

Nikolai and Felix looked very sharp too !

Isabella has grown up so much - she's got her own style now. The outfit wouldn't be a favourite of mine but she's experimenting with fashion

In a (German) video I have seen they claim that both girls recycled outfits of their mother, Isabella a pantsuit which Mary wore in May 2019, and Josephine a skirt which Mary wore in August 2017 (I actually doubt that, Mary is slim but not as slim as a 10-year-old. If it is indeed the same skirt it must have been heavily remodeled. But perhaps it's just a similar fabric.)

Christian's suit looked a tad too small/tight for him, imo

Congratulations, Prince Christian. I hate that vest. Haaaaate. :flowers: If he wanted to wear one, it should have been much lower cut. This one does absolutely nothing for him, and we've seen him look quite nice in a suit. But I hope he had a splendid day to make up for everything.

Isabella seems to have gotten quite stylish overnight. My goodness.

Where I am, many young boys in suits wear one just like that. Slightly
"tight" or is it slim fit, but not too small.
I can't see why he would dress "too small" to an event like this.

In a (German) video I have seen they claim that both girls recycled outfits of their mother, Isabella a pantsuit which Mary wore in May 2019, and Josephine a skirt which Mary wore in August 2017 (I actually doubt that, Mary is slim but not as slim as a 10-year-old. If it is indeed the same skirt it must have been heavily remodeled. But perhaps it's just a similar fabric.)
Or the outfits could be altered.
I wouldn't be surprised. The Crown Princess has one of the most envied wardrobes!

The cut of the suit itself is fashionable right now, but the vest looks a smidge too tight in some of the photos. Boys that age are growing so fast that I imagine trying to get something that will fit them really well over any length of time is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom