Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 13: December 2018 - July 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely outing for the Danish kids tonight.
The boys look great in their tuxedos, just Henrik is missing one.
Lovely dresses for the girls. Beautiful colors

I love the slightly Victorian/Edwardian style of Isabella and Josephine's outfits (though done in a way where they don't look terribly outdated). They look so sweet and charming; and I like that they've given Isabella a clutch now that she's getting to the teenage stage. She's at the age where she's not a child anymore but also isn't a teenager just yet, so finding appropriate outfits for official engagements can probably be quite challenging, though Frederik and Mary (or Isabella herself, possibly) have done a fabulous job. Christian looks like a mini Frederik in his suit!

Joachim's children look lovely too and Athena's dress is very pretty. Perfect for a summer party. Love them in the official photo posted this morning too!

Both Josephine and Athena looked very lovely last night. But I give a shout out to Isabella!

(The dress looks like it's from Maje or Zimmermann?)

---

I can see that not only Josephine wore Isabella's pearl necklace from Dulong, Isabella also wore a small brooch:

https://images.seoghoer.dk/s3fs-public/storage_1/media/20190607_hjp5225_0.jpg

It looks like a pearl in the middle with three diamonds and a pink stone pendant?

Last edited:
Beautiful family portrait for Joachim's birthday.

The Cambridge children and other children of the family today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
I get tired of seeing Charlotte in a blue millefleur dress.

Right? At this point I picture her at wedding Walking down the aisle at St George’s or Wherever in a longer version of this dress ;)

:previous: LOL.

The Cambridges kids always make me feel they are wearing "uniforms"......not sure it is a good thing.

Last edited:

The Cambridges kids always make me feel they are wearing "uniforms"......not sure it is a good thing.

Yeah I get the same feeling. And no IMO, it isn't a good thing, feeling like some little uniform. :ermm:

Louis’ outfit looks a lot like one Harry wore at Trooping the colour.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Byc1qpHn...=1d1h0ut49hiwy

It is. And no surprise. They like to recycle these 'traditional' clothes. Just like George's outfit.

At least not as out dated as the outfit George recycled of his dad's for his first Trooping.

I may be the odd one out, but I have no problem with the way the Cambridge children are dressed. In fact, I don’t really have a problem with how any of the royals dress their kids. They’re only children, so I find critiquing their clothing a little weird.

I may be the odd one out, but I have no problem with the way the Cambridge children are dressed. In fact, I don’t really have a problem with how any of the royals dress their kids. They’re only children, so I find critiquing their clothing a little weird.

I don't have a problem with how the Cambridge children are dressed either. It's similar to how Peter, Zara, William, Harry etc..dressed and later the Wessex children.

The Swedish royals frequently reuse Victoria and Madeleine's childhood dresses for Estelle etc.. so as long as the garments are in good shape and they fit, why not use them?

I also love the way the British and Swedish Royals dress their children...it's very traditional and "upper crust" but it's also timeless.

Grace of Monaco used to dress Caroline, Albert and Stephanie the same way.

They look like children, imo

Last edited:

Absolutely! That is what I have been calling their clothes for years now, uniforms. IMO it's William's way of ensuring that the media never really get any 'new' pictures of his kids. You get new pictures but on the other hand you don't really as all the pics look practically the same. It's like he's hiding them in plain sight. Very clever.

Absolutely! That is what I have been calling their clothes for years now, uniforms. IMO it's William's way of ensuring that the media never really get any 'new' pictures of his kids. You get new pictures but on the other hand you don't really as all the pics look practically the same. It's like he's hiding them in plain sight. Very clever.

What would be so bad about the media having "new" pictures of his children? Other than intrusive or unauthorised pictures of course.

Putting George in black shorts or Charlotte in a yellow dress for a family event or photo is not going to scar on the children for life if the photogs get a some variety.

Also both George and Charlotte are that age when they want to dress themselves like big kids and have opinions about their clothes. That’s developmentally normal. Offering a choice and options is healthy.

When George and Charlotte were at the horse trials last month we saw them in 'regular' clothes.

George in a Columbia jumper and trousers and Charlotte in a tartan skirt and blue jumper. Both looked like they could've dressed themselves.

But for formal events I like the way they're dressed. I have to agree with soapstar, critising what a child wears is weird.

Those who have, or have had, small children know how fast they outgrow clothing. So if they have one or two “good” outfits, they’ll wear them over and over until they are outgrown or worn out. That’s common sense even if they are royal.

Those who have, or have had, small children know how fast they outgrow clothing. So if they have one or two “good” outfits, they’ll wear them over and over until they are outgrown or worn out. That’s common sense even if they are royal.

These are not the same outfits though, they are versions of the same clothes over and over again.

She (Lady Louise) is a pure Royal through and Through :)

It is a shame that she and her brother are not styled as a princess/prince as they would be entitled to by birth although, in practice, they seem to be accorded the same treatment and precedence of HRHs (for example riding in the royal procession). I guess that, in a way, they get the best of both worlds then.

Last edited:
Putting George in black shorts or Charlotte in a yellow dress for a family event or photo is not going to scar on the children for life if the photogs get a some variety.

Also both George and Charlotte are that age when they want to dress themselves like big kids and have opinions about their clothes. That’s developmentally normal. Offering a choice and options is healthy.
Critiquing the clothes children wear is a little strange. Criticising their parents is insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom