Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 13: December 2018 - July 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dislike all of the dresses the girls are wearing. They're young teens and they look like they raided their moms closet from half a decade ago. They can still look festive and official without looking older.

I really see Nothing wrong with Alexia's dress…

I like Alexia’s outfit best. Red is a great color on her.

Amalia looks fantastic! I really like Alexia’s dress in the head-on, posted shot. When I can see the whole thing it looks youthful and appropriate.

But the first picture I saw from today were taken when they were out in the crowd. I could only see Alexia from the waist up and she was waving. In that angle/situation it did look like an old lady’s blouse that was two sizes too big. I guess because not only the sleeves but the wrists are loose and the fabric looked semi-sheer when backlit in a way that I associate with dresses I used to see worn on early 80s shows like The Love Boat, usually on women “of a certain age.”

When people say they look too old I keep picturing people seeing them in puffy party dresses with crinolines and bows :whistling:

They are too old, teens, for the little girl party dresses. They aren't eight. They are teens and going to have opinions in how they dress.

I am not a fan of Amalia style but the print gives it a more up dated look as does her hair and makeup.

Alexia looks cute. I love the color.

Not a fan if Ariannes the proportion seems off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Princess Charlotte on the portraits for her 4th birthday, wearing a Trotters dress and a Amaia Kids dress combined with a cardigan:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I don't know what to say I feel perplexe [emoji53]
Amalia dresses too old, dress is even not nice... But I suppose that at this age teens trend to dress older, it will change. She seems also extremely tall, looks taller than her mum who is 1,78..
Alexia is a spitting image of her mum, very pretty. The dress is nice but also for an older lady.
Ariana is cute but dress could be OK for another age.
All girls did a wrong choice for me, I know that is difficult to dress teens but in an official Pic they could be more attentive.

I don't know what to say I feel perplexe [emoji53]
Amalia dresses too old, dress is even not nice... But I suppose that at this age teens trend to dress older, it will change. She seems also extremely tall, looks taller than her mum who is 1,78..
Alexia is a spitting image of her mum, very pretty. The dress is nice but also for an older lady.
Ariana is cute but dress could be OK for another age.
All girls did a wrong choice for me, I know that is difficult to dress teens but in an official Pic they could be more attentive.
Yes I agree, Also Amalia looks like you said extremely tall and a bit in a heavy side and I think that dress does not do any favour to her , too many colours for me. I like her shoes but handbag looks for an older person. She has a gorgeous hair and smile. Amalia and Ariana are ok but not my favorite dresses. wonder from where are their dresses ?

The AAA were never the best dressed royal kids, which I find weird, since Maxima dresses really nice, full of vibrant patterns and colors. Lovely hats as well. But, I think nowadays, the girls dress what they like, I think their style improved a bit over the years, except for Ariane, which still dresses on the dull side.

But, I agree on the heavy dresses that Amalia wears. I remember the horrid dress she wore at last year's summer photocall, and everyone here disliked it too. She's a teen, but she's tall and robust, maybe she has problems to find age-appropriate clothes. Or maybe she's just experimenting on fashion. Besides, she has a very beautiful hair IMO.

Alexia looked okay I think. The red dress is very pretty, I think what went wrong with the overall look was the collar, and...maybe the sleeves? But the collar was old-looking. But, I liked the combination of red and black.

Wow. ..that girl is going to be the pride of the Belgians when she comes to the Throne!

A real credit to Philippe and Mathilde.?

Elisabeth looks so beautiful!!! Love her hair!!! The coat looks great on her, not too black but also very appropriate for the occasion. Can't wait to see her fashion in the upcoming years, I will surely follow her on her regular basis.

Victoria looks great in red. Not sure about the shoes though. They look like velvet red. Maybe golden shoes would've been a better choice because of her gold acessories.

Wow. ..that girl is going to be the pride of the Belgians when she comes to the Throne!

A real credit to Philippe and Mathilde.?

Totally agree, she's a blooming rose.
I would have loved to see an headband to complete the look. But she's young, there's plenty of time for that.

Elisabeth nailed it! She looks beautiful. Her coat is just perfect for the occasion while also being young and in fashion!

Elisabeth looked lovely. Very appropriate look for the event and her age. Very composed at the event. She does her parents proud.

As for headband. She is a bit young for a proper fascinator, and headbands are a bit juvenile for her age.

Elisabeth looked lovely. Very appropriate look for the event and her age. Very composed at the event. She does her parents proud.

As for headband. She is a bit young for a proper fascinator, and headbands are a bit juvenile for her age.

Lady Louise is two years younger than Elisabeth and has been wearing hats/fascinators for a while now. I used the word "headband" but I was thinking about something like a fake pillbox hat, like the one Mathilde used for Queen Fabiola's funeral.

Last edited:
Might be that each royal house had its own dress code. In UK head covers (pillbox, hats, headbands etc) are widely worn, maybe in Belgium less. I'm sure that princess Elisabeth applied perfectly the dress code of her country and rank.
Nevertheless the dress code of this funeral related to ladies head covers was not clear to me. Most of ladies worn hats of any kind, a few worn nothing, and a few mantillas. I thought that at least for the close family mantillas should be worn. I remember to Prince Rainier funeral, all the Monaco family ladies worn mantillas, including Charlotte Casiraghi, 19 years old at this time.

Last edited:
Victoria Federica becomes the queen of the April Fair in Sevilla, today 5 May ,at the Exhibition of Enganches en la Maestranza, a concentration of horse-drawn carriages.

https://www.hola.com/imagenes/reale...a-enganches-sevilla/0-676-53/victoria19-a.jpg
https://www.hola.com/imagenes/reale...a-enganches-sevilla/0-676-47/victoria13-a.jpg
:previous: Thank you for the photos. I have had a soft spot for Victoria for many years now. Remember her little sock that she'd carry around when she was a little girl. She's grown into a lovely and poised young woman. Love her shoes for today and that she's wearing a mantilla.

Lady Louise is two years younger than Elisabeth and has been wearing hats/fascinators for a while now. I used the word "headband" but I was thinking about something like a fake pillbox hat, like the one Mathilde used for Queen Fabiola's funeral.

And to be quite honest I fully had Louise in my head when I made the comment. I find the fascinators Louise wears look very juvenile/costume like. I don't like fascinators on a good day, and the headband fascinators she wears are not a good style.

Elisabeth would look way too dated in a pillbox hat IMO. Very few adult women can pull them off. A teenager? No.

Thank you for the photos of Victoria Federica, eya.

I love the dignity and grace a mantilla confers on the wearer.

Reactions: eya
It looks a bit like a dress-up for the younger girls, but it looks perfect on Amalia.

Amalia is getting her grown up face, and it’s lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom