Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 11: September 2017 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Louise looks so grown up!

The Wessex kids are both beautiful!

Louise looks perfect - pretty, age appropriate, and so poised. James looks like a typical 9-year old forced to wear a suit & tie. Handsome, but nonetheless looks like he can't wait to change into something more comfy ? I have seen the look on my little guy many times! Love his boutonniere.

Louise looks lovely - she has grown so tall. James looks very smart - he's a very good looking little boy.

Both looked lovely. Initially I thought Louise maybe was too casual, but then it’s age appropriate

Louise wore a cardigan from her mums wardrobe I believe.

I thought it looked like a hand-me down. I found her dress appropriate but a bit somber. James looked great.

I wasn't crazy about the bridesmaids' dresses. Very plain, and the little "train" didn't help. The fabric could have been of higher quality. The flowers looked very pretty! The pageboys' outfits were too somber.

Last edited by a moderator:
They both looked great. Louise is really looking grown up :flowers:

Louise looked very grown up and sophisticated at today's wedding. I loved that her cardigan came from Sophie - one can tell that her mother has an influence in her style!

I quite liked the bridesmaids' dresses myself. At first I thought they were a bit plain and, whilst I still prefer Catherine's bridesmaids dresses, I think the bridesmaids today looked lovely nevertheless. I particularly like the flower crowns; perfect for spring.

I saw some photos on Twitter of Lady Margarita Armstrong-Jones in a white outfit but I can't find any from the photo sharing agencies yet.

Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 11: September 2017 -

I wasn't crazy about the bridesmaids' dresses. Very plain, and the little "train" didn't help. The fabric could have been of higher quality. The flowers looked very pretty! The pageboys' outfits were too somber.

The pageboys outfits were a match for Harry’s uniform. Same color, some style similarities.

Its traditional the page boys either have 1. historical looking costumes 2. or little military uniforms. (sometimes kilts). They chose to make the boys look like the groom and best man, in mini 'blues and royals' uniforms. Much rather that then some of the costume looks like Pippa's.

Margarita looks lovely! Can't believe she is already sweet 16.

The pageboys outfits were a match for Harry’s uniform. Same color, some style similarities.

I know they did and I find that that is always a sweet idea, but couldn't they have brightened them up somehow?

I thought it looked like a hand-me down. I found her dress appropriate but a bit somber. James looked great.

from the official release this morning--

Bridesmaids’ Dresses

Clare Waight Keller designed the six young Bridesmaids’ dresses in the Givenchy Haute Couture Atelier in Paris.
The dresses were designed to have the same timeless purity as Ms. Markle's dress.
Each dress is sculpted in Ivory silk Radzimir, and is high-waisted with short puff sleeves and hand finished with a double silk ribbon detail tied at the back in a bow. The Bridesmaids’ dresses include pockets and pleated skirts to create a relaxed and luxurious silhouette.
The Bridesmaids are wearing white leather Aquazurra shoes; each pair is monogrammed with the Bridesmaids initials, and the wedding date. The shoes are a gift from Ms. Markle to the young ladies as a keepsake of the special day.

Page Boys' Uniforms

The four Pages are wearing a miniature version of the Blues and Royals frockcoat. The uniform draws its insignia from the Blues and Royals, which is an old Regiment of The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry. Both are also wearing Blues and Royals frockcoats for the Wedding Day.
The frockcoats are made from blue doeskin, single-breasted in style with a stand-up collar and completed with figured braiding of Regimental pattern. The figured braiding has been scaled down for the Pages, as otherwise it would have gone above their shoulders. As a special memento, each Page has their initials embroidered in gold on their shoulder straps. The Pages are not wearing hats or white waist belts for practical reasons.
Their leg garments are made from blue/black wool barathea with three-quarter scarlet stripes fastened with a leather strap.
The uniforms were cut and made by the tailors Dege & Skinner in Savile Row.

[...]
The Bridesmaids are wearing white leather Aquazurra shoes; each pair is monogrammed with the Bridesmaids initials, and the wedding date. The shoes are a gift from Ms. Markle to the young ladies as a keepsake of the special day.

[...]

That's sweet!

Margarita looks lovely. She’s a beauty, just like her mother

Many thanks iceflower! I knew you would be able to find a photo ?
Margarita is a beautiful young lady and I agree that she favours her mother a lot. She's going to be stunning when she's an adult; that's for sure. I can't believe she's 16 already - in my mind she is still the excitable 8 year old at William and Catherine's wedding.

I know they did and I find that that is always a sweet idea, but couldn't they have brightened them up somehow?
I agree, the idea was nice and their little uniforms were cute too. But way to dark, if they added the white belt maybe it would've been better.

Louise looked very grown up and sophisticated at today's wedding. I loved that her cardigan came from Sophie - one can tell that her mother has an influence in her style!

Lady Louise's dress and cardigan were both from her mum. Handy to have a wealth of clothes available to you when your mum is Sophie Wessex.

Sophie in the ensemble.

She and the Dutch princesses must be giants.
Wearing their mum’s clothes at 14 and younger and not drown in them.

The dresses weren't bad at all but they came across a bit like an afterthought , "Oh right they have to wear something , here is some silk, we need them next week " . I fully agree with you on the pageboys' outfits , the tiny uniforms wore them not the other way around .

I personally did not like the bridal outfits of the children at all. The young girls did not look like they were in a bridal wedding, they looked like ordinary dresses that you see every day regardless of what material they used to make them. They were simple and plain and ordinary to me. The outfit of the boys, well they looked like they were drowning in heavy dark material that was for winter, not spring or summer.....all these clothes for the children where as someone said up thread ...*Maybe an after thought*, not much attention to detail at all IMHO. I bet you could walk into a high end department store and find better looking outfits then these.

Totally agree M Payton, didn’t like them at all. I also like little girls in socks for such an occasion.

I personally did not like the bridal outfits of the children at all. The young girls did not look like they were in a bridal wedding, they looked like ordinary dresses that you see every day regardless of what material they used to make them. They were simple and plain and ordinary to me. The outfit of the boys, well they looked like they were drowning in heavy dark material that was for winter, not spring or summer.....all these clothes for the children where as someone said up thread ...*Maybe an after thought*, not much attention to detail at all IMHO. I bet you could walk into a high end department store and find better looking outfits then these.

Whether you agree with the thought or not, the boys looks had a lot of Thought put into them. They were mini versions of what Harry and William were wearing. Its pretty customary in the UK with these type of weddings, that the page boys are dressed in little military garb.

I,agree about the bridal outfits. The older boys looked ok in their replica outfits but not great. The dresses for the girls were well made, lovely pleats, but needed more of an organza slip, or puffer sleeves or a better neckline. A very dreary style. The flowers in the hair helped.

I agree with you 500% I did not like it at all just the girls shoes and flowers on their hair

I thought the little girls looked very unfinished without socks. I was unimpressed with the outfits of the bridal party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom