Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 10: November 2016 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the contrary, I thought the two-pieces outfit Louise wore for the Easter service was a bit too oldish and granny-like for her...

On the contrary, I thought the two-pieces outfit Louise wore for the Easter service was a bit too oldish and granny-like for her...

Yep...very matronly looking. Not something you'd expect to see on a girl her age.

LaRae

Yep...very matronly looking. Not something you'd expect to see on a girl her age.

LaRae

At least there's been some improvement. I think Louise has atarted to experiment with different looks. It's a good thing, given her age.

:previous: I agree marty91charmed. I would love to see Lady Louise in something similar to what Princess Elisabeth wears on her official engagements with her parents. This outfit was a bit too mature for Louise IMHO. They're both of a similar age so the styles should work for Louise.
'
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2ALAwwEV...5/Queen-Mathilde-and-Princess-Elisabeth-7.jpg

Yep, I would also like to see something "fresher" for Louise. I'm sure that bright colors suit her.

To each his own. I very much like Louise's outfit.

Louise's outfit is from Hobbs, an English high street shop. I have a few clothes from Hobbs and a couple of pairs of heels from there as they're very comfortable. I wasn't expecting her to be wearing Hobbs as it is quite an adult shop, however I didn't mind her outfit. I prefer the dress on it's own without the jacket and it would have looked entirely appropriate for her age without the jacket. The dress is sold out though so it must be pretty popular.

Dress
Credit: My Small Obsessions

I am just always pleased to not see her in white tights and Mary Jane's. Her feet maybe aren't growing anymore either as she's had those shoes for a while now. She is going to be tall though but i'm not sure where her height comes from as none of her female cousins are tall (or maybe she's peaked too soon!)

Last edited:
I do find that Louise is often dressed very matronly for her age. Sometimes she's dressed "older" than Sophie! Maybe that's the style she prefers, or maybe she doesn't care too much about fashion and she/her mother just picks clothing for public outings that's appropriate and reasonably comfortable.

I find her outfits kind of endearing and it's refreshing seeing a girl her age who isn't trying to be hugely fashionable or the next It Girl.

I'm with you Molly2101. I dislike seeing Louise in maryjanes (which I think are VERY little girlish shoes). She is a teen, I think she should dress as one. Up to now her clothes have been little girl clothes. (FWIW I am not a parent so have no experience dressing early teen girls)

If you look at the York girls at that age, was quite similar. They seem to go from girlish to motherly quite quickly. They seem to want to avoid the usual teenage fashion so much that they jump,over a large age range. Hopefully when she us a bit older, she will have more of a say in her clothes. If she isn't interested in clothes, she is even less likely to want to dress like this. It's people who have an interest in clothes, and want to look vintage and sophisticated, who try this look.

:previous: Those front teeth that have come in - squeeee. :lol: A very cute little person.

He's a very pretty little boy! I thought he looked more like his mother at first, but I can also see a lot of Carl-Philip now.

He's a very pretty little boy! I thought he looked more like his mother at first, but I can also see a lot of Carl-Philip now.

What a cute birthday boy! I definitely see Carl-Philip & Sylvia in Alexander.

They all look lovely today for the Kings Day celebrations in Tilburg :previous:

All the girls are lovely but i like mostly the Ariane!

I adore Amalia's coat, but I'm a little biased because I have one myself that looks incredibly similar, although mine is a darker shade of yellow and has two sets of buttons instead of just one - but at first, I thought she had the same one as me. Ariane looks cute in her little cape but I think Alexia is the best dressed out of the three sisters. Her dress is absolutely gorgeous and I like her cardigan too.

Three lovely girls - their wrist corsages are very sweet. They all seem excited to be celebrating their dad's big day!

Catharina-Amalia's hair is beautiful, and I love her coat.

They look lovely, lovely hair , and colour coordinating , just I would love to see Amalia's dress.

:previous:

According to modekoninginmaxima.nl, the yellow coat of princess Amalia comes from Zara. Her dress was by Natan.

Alll three girls looked lovely. Especially liked Amalia.:flowers:

And I agree they all seemed very happy celebrating dad.

I like alexia ensemble the best. They all looked very well groomed and sweet

Sorry but I don't like any of the dresses. Ariane's dress looks lovely but doesn't she own any other overclothes than that cape? Alexia's dress looks too casual for the event and that black belt looks out of place. Amalia's dress (coat?) looks too dark on someone so young.

What is the code or protocol for young girls in an event like this where everybody has long dresses? If I go to a wedding where the ladies are with a gown I would choose something more elaborate and more party dress for my daughter . I really think there are ok, but nothing special, Love Arana has a bracelet in her ankle and in the photo looks like Ariana has some lipstick or gloss?
is this website that has beautiful dresses fr girls, I think I would choose any of this ones:
Golden Shimmer Girl's Party Dress
Shimmering Elegance Girl's Special Occasion Dress
Dramatic Sparkle Girl's Black Velvet Holiday Special Occasion Dress with sparkling silver sequin embroidery
Sparkling Champagne Silver Sequins Girls Christmas Holiday Dress.
Girls Special Occasion Dress Girls Party Dress Enchanted Snow Queen Dress
Golden Swirls Exclusive Girl's Special Occasion Dress.Made in the USA

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a small correction, if i see correctly it's Alexia who has the ankle bracelet, not Ariane..

What is the code or protocol for young girls in an event like this where everybody has long dresses? If I go to a wedding where the ladies are with a gown I would choose something more elaborate and more party dress for my daughter . I really think there are ok, but nothing special, Love Arana has a bracelet in her ankle and in the photo looks like Ariana has some lipstick or gloss?
is this website that has beautiful dresses fr girls, I think I would choose any of this ones:
Golden Shimmer Girl's Party Dress
Shimmering Elegance Girl's Special Occasion Dress
Dramatic Sparkle Girl's Black Velvet Holiday Special Occasion Dress with sparkling silver sequin embroidery
Sparkling Champagne Silver Sequins Girls Christmas Holiday Dress.
Girls Special Occasion Dress Girls Party Dress Enchanted Snow Queen Dress
Golden Swirls Exclusive Girl's Special Occasion Dress.Made in the USA

If the girls were say Josephine or Estelles age, those dresses would be cute.

But on princesses who the youungest is ten, they would IMO be quite childish.

I think all the girls look quite lovely for their age. I actually like Amalia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom