Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 10: November 2016 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacques and Gabriella accompanied their mother during a visit to a retirement home on August 19 - Gabriella was perfectly dressed in her flower and butterfly dress ?

** Both ** Gabriella ** Gabriella **

Thanks, iceflower, was just thinking we should start posting the twins' style and outfits too. P Gabriella looks beautiful, lovely colour of the print. I like that P Charlene dresses them in different colours.

Just noticing Princess Gabriella's shoes...too cute! The little Comtesse de Carlades will be as fashion forward as her mom soon!;)

Gabriella's little shoes are fabulous in close-up.

August 28: The Danish children aboard the Dannebrog:

https://scontent-eze1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=986d2fb02a1b3e8a6249f5c482c6f9be&oe=5A1961DD

Athena and Josephine's dresses are gorgeous.

They look great for big brother's/cousin birthday party. :flowers:
Only missing was little Henrik in a tuxedo.
Love the little details on Christian's and Vincent's bow -ties, very kid friendly

Isabella is wearing the dress from her official photos of her 10th birthday earlier this year
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3AggZTnM...fgWFLJipSViACLcB/s595/Princess-Isabella-3.jpg

Beautiful all the children!!! I love the yellow dress of Josephine!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Danish children all look very handsome and beautiful! I love Isabella and Josephine's matching coats!

Frederik and Mary have such beautiful children, each shows their own personality and yet the closeness of the family. I can see that Isabella is going to be a real unique beauty as she grows up and little Vincent has that quiet strength in his eyes while Christian already knows who he is and what is expected of him and there is Josephine, the firecracker, full of surprises that delight the entire family. A real strong family unit in these children and parents the backbone in bringing this out in them. What a delightful family.

Loved when Mary and the children arrived. What beautiful children!

Christian looked so handsome, he really isn't a little boy anymore. I see so much Frederik in him as he grows older.
Vincent in that little smoking and bow... Adorable :wub: He is such a beautiful boy.
Isabella and Josephine looked very beautiful in their dresses and long hair.
And Isabella who proudly hold Mom's clutch ?

Nikolaj and Felix looked like two handsome young men.

ADDED:
Josephine and Isabella were both wearing H&M dresses.
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d1ea5d89663e5e17181a2e34461751ae&oe=5A216F61

Last edited:
Last edited:
I'd love Elisabeth's jacket for myself, and I am almost as old as her mother!

Eloise is growing up so fast! Pretty girl!

Elisabeth is lovely. I cannot believe how tall she is now.

The Belgian children look great. I love Elisabeth's jacket, it makes her look really trendy and grown up.

I liked what Eloise and Leonore were wearing too.

The shirt is alright on Jacques; but on Gabriella it feels a bit too masculine for me. But perhaps Charlene wanted them to wear matching things and their colours do give a nod to the Monegasque flag. I actually think it's quite charming that Jacques is wearing a plait - I normally don't like plaits on the opposite gender but on little boys they look sweet.

Ye gads is Emmanuel ever a mini me of his Dad now. Wow!! I also love Elisabeth's jacket. Perfect for that young teen trying out what works for her. Trendy, but classic & w/those muted colours, will work w/many outfits...Perfect!! [emoji4]

My goodness is Eloise ever growing into one stunning young lady. She always was a striking looking little girl, but she really is blossoming into a beauty. [emoji4]

Every time Dad sees little Gabriella, he grins & says "A couple more years & look out w/that red hair!!" He was a red head, so knows of what he speaks. [emoji1]

The shirt is alright on Jacques; but on Gabriella it feels a bit too masculine for me. But perhaps Charlene wanted them to wear matching things and their colours do give a nod to the Monegasque flag. I actually think it's quite charming that Jacques is wearing a plait - I normally don't like plaits on the opposite gender but on little boys they look sweet.

What is masculine about it? The fact that her brother wears the exact same one? :rolleyes: It's just a red and white polo shirt, and masculinity and femininity are social constructs.

What is masculine about it? The fact that her brother wears the exact same one? :rolleyes: It's just a red and white polo shirt, and masculinity and femininity are social constructs.

(..)

If you used that smiley because you thought I was being sexist, I want to highlight that sexism was absolutely not my intention and I'm actually a feminist myself. I made the comment about Gabriella's shirt being masculine, not because she and her brother were wearing the same thing (which was something I found quite cute), but just because the style of it was a little boyish for my personal taste.

If you used that smiley because you thought I was being sexist, I want to highlight that sexism was absolutely not my intention and I'm actually a feminist myself. I made the comment about Gabriella's shirt being masculine, not because she and her brother were wearing the same thing (which was something I found quite cute), but just because the style of it was a little boyish for my personal taste.

I kind of agree with you in regards to the clothes. It's boyish to me as well. And now I don't know which one is Jacques and which one is Gabriella. Especially now that their hairstyle is the same.

I for one love it. So tired of every Princess being paraded in little pretty dresses to every event. Add to it usually bows, pink or purple.

Girls wear pants. They wear polo shirts. Polo shirts are made for both genders. We see grown princesses wear them and do we get confused if they are wearing husbands clothes?

I for one love it. So tired of every Princess being paraded in little pretty dresses to every event. Add to it usually bows, pink or purple.

Girls wear pants. They wear polo shirts. Polo shirts are made for both genders. We see grown princesses wear them and do we get confused if they are wearing husbands clothes?

I repeat. Sexism was not the intention of my original post. Please see my post above Elenath's and hopefully you will understand my thought process. I'm not asking you to agree with me - I've already explained in that particular post what I meant by the term "masculine".

It is obviously a great thing that girls can now wear the same clothes as boys. I'm not saying that it isn't. All I'm saying is that it was simply a matter of my personal taste.

I kind of agree with you in regards to the clothes. It's boyish to me as well. And now I don't know which one is Jacques and which one is Gabriella. Especially now that their hairstyle is the same.

I'm glad that at least someone here can understand where I'm coming from.

(I'm on my mobile so if they feel like it's necessary the mods can merge this in with my above post.)

I repeat. Sexism was not the intention of my original post. Please see my post above Elenath's and hopefully you will understand my thought process. I'm not asking you to agree with me - I've already explained in that particular post what I meant by the term "masculine".

It is obviously a great thing that girls can now wear the same clothes as boys. I'm not saying that it isn't. All I'm saying is that it was simply a matter of my personal taste.

I wasn't responding at all to you :bang:

Like you I was stating my opinion that I find it refreshing that Charlene doesn't follow the whole a princess has to be dressed like a princess Barbie doll.

Interesting you get all uppity about anyone perceivable ridiculing your opinion. But no one can voice their own.

If my comment was a response to anyone, which it wasn't, it was Elenath. Who implied Gabrielle you can't even tell us a girl becayse she is in pants.

But if I was actually responding to either, I'd have quoted you. I was simply voicing my own opinion it's nice to see a girl in pants.

I'm glad that at least someone here can understand where I'm coming from.

(I'm on my mobile so if they feel like it's necessary the mods can merge this in with my above post.)

Hello, HereditaryPrincess: I'm with you. Pay no attention to the testy responses. I really don't understand the responses that seem so eager to correct someone's thinking. It really does make The Forums less enjoyable, when there are those who are so quick to "correct" and/or to show that they are "in the know".
The twins are adorable. I'm sure you think so also. Just expressing your opinion. ?

I wasn't responding at all to you :bang:

Like you I was stating my opinion that I find it refreshing that Charlene doesn't follow the whole a princess has to be dressed like a princess Barbie doll.

Interesting you get all uppity about anyone perceivable ridiculing your opinion. But no one can voice their own.

If my comment was a response to anyone, which it wasn't, it was Elenath. Who implied Gabrielle you can't even tell us a girl becayse she is in pants.

But if I was actually responding to either, I'd have quoted you. I was simply voicing my own opinion it's nice to see a girl in pants.

That, I’m afraid, is not what I implied. Or at least.. it’s not what I wanted to say. For me the problem isn’t that she’s in boys clothes (whatever that means) but more the fact that they are wearing the same clothes and are wearing the same hairstyle. I hate overly frilly and pinkish clothes for girls and all I ever wanted was a daughter wearing denim coveralls. It looks absolutely awesome to me. But with twins who have almost the same haircolour, wearing the same clothes and hairstyles.. well it’s just confusing to me.
Sooo... I might not have chosen these clothes if they had been my children, but I feel the same way about the way the children in the BRF are dressed. It’s just not my thing. And that has nothing what so ever to do with girls wearing pants.

Also... the “smiley” you used wasn’t very kind to HereditaryPrincess. Especially considering what she said in an earlier post.

Please note that this thread has been cleaned up. Off topic posts including personal remarks have been removed. Please remain on topic of this thread and stay respectful towards each other! For personal exchanges please use the PM method instead! Thank you!

Can we just let this go please. Yes male and female is a social construct, but people still have expectations based on it. And those expectations might not be the same for everyone. I didn't like those clothes either and it had nothing to do with it being feminine or masculine. Also... I'm not a fan of overly skinny jeans on toddlers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom