Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 6: October 2019 - September 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear!

Even though I prefer double-breasted suits and all men are genetically disposed to wearing blue, couldn't he have picked another one?

The tie is hideous! No doubt a prank-present Sverre gave his father for Christmas, but which his dad unfortunately found to be really cool.
The tie has got to die! Not just die, it must be burned and the designer rolled in tar and feathers.

Then we come to the wristwatch. Whoever came up with the idea of these ugly-colored straps, should be tied, have the feet covered in honey and having goats lick their feet each day for a month!
It does not look good, it is not hip, it is not smart, it is not funny. The only male such a watch-strap looks remotely good at is on the arm of a five-year old.

Then there are his infamous shoes. Why not wear sandals? Sandals with knee-high checkered socks would look better than these hideous shoes.

The only good thing to say is that the fit of the suit is acceptable.

Wouldn't it be possible to electrify Haakon's brown shoes? So that each time he puts them on, he gets a zap! Followed by another zap every five seconds. :D

On the other hand we know that Haakon is not an imposter.
Even an alien from the general area of Betelgeuze, who somehow managed to take over Haakon's body, would dress better. :alien::beamup:

*blink* Actually, I think he looks all right.

That shirt and tie almost don't work together, but they do. The shade of blue on the suit is both different, suits him, and blends better with the ubiquitous shoes than a more conservative hue. Altogether it's really not that bad compared to some of... the worst Philippe outfits (Philippe has a higher fashion ceiling as well as a lower floor, however).

We know Haakon does not prize being in GQ and does prize being able to wear his familiar beloved ugly accessories. That probably won't change. Some people are stylish. He isn't, deliberately, so we try and appreciate "presentable".

But I still don't like his beard, and that will probably never change as well.

Question: he's right-handed, or at least writes with that hand, as I've seen him do? Why does he wear his watch on the lefty side?

Last edited:
Well, here we have an example of a man who has his own style, wears it with confidence and actually manages to get away with it.
It is so all-out that it's magnificent.
I'm naturally talking about PH.

In memoriam:
https://berlingske.bmcdn.dk/media/c...6/9253835-12polregentparret-paa-faerojpg.jpeg

His vest and cardigan is actually produced on the Faeroe Islands, a nod to the locals. Who genuinely appreciated his gesture.

I so much wish we will one day see Haakon or William dress like that.
Frederik and Joachim have shown tendencies in that direction, but they haven't - yet - come out of their closets, so to speak.

Well, here we have an example of a man who has his own style, wears it with confidence and actually manages to get away with it.
It is so all-out that it's magnificent.
I'm naturally talking about PH.

In memoriam:
https://berlingske.bmcdn.dk/media/c...6/9253835-12polregentparret-paa-faerojpg.jpeg

His vest and cardigan is actually produced on the Faeroe Islands, a nod to the locals. Who genuinely appreciated his gesture.

I so much wish we will one day see Haakon or William dress like that.
Frederik and Joachim have shown tendencies in that direction, but they haven't - yet - come out of their closets, so to speak.

Haakon is basically halfway to doing this already and everybody screams. :whistling:

No offense to the late PH, and it was thoughtful and smart of him to wear local, but he still looks like he got his satorial inspiration off acid. As royals occasionally do.

Edit: Which is to say — PH never got the memo for fabulous dressers about taking one thing off before you leave the house. If he'd foregone the necklace, that outfit would have been fine.

Last edited:
Time to close this thread, the new one can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom