Fashion and Style of Royal Men, Part 1: April 2003 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a great idea!

red pants

(...)

As for CP Frederik's attire - Blue for boy (Sweater) and red for girl (Pants).
I like the red...imagine if the pants had been pink!

Whoa! :eek: I haven't realised that. I was just thinking: "OMG! Did he just grab the first pants he could get his hands on, when Mary told him the twins are definitely on their way? Red pants are so not mens pants!" :yuk: But yeah, it could definitely be a subtle statement to his twins now that you've pointed it out. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
(...)

And what's this talk about Fred's pants? They were great! A man can wear anything he wants if he does it with pride. Then again I'm partial since I have fond memories of my favorite Aussie celebrity wearing red pants and looking great in them. Then again that man looked good in anything he wore...

(...)

Whoa! :eek: I haven't realised that. I was just thinking: "OMG! Did he just grab the first pants he could get his hands on, when Mary told him the twins are definitely on their way? Red pants are so not mens pants!" :yuk: But yeah, it could definitely be a subtle statement to his twins now that you've pointed it out. :D
I didn't mind the pants at all - very fashion forward ;). I've seen photos of him in them before (I think when Mary was pregnant with Isabella and they went to King Harald's birthday in Norway), so perhaps they're a favourite pair :p. Maybe we could be seeing more of them in the future???

(...)

I didn't mind the pants at all - very fashion forward ;). I've seen photos of him in them before (I think when Mary was pregnant with Isabella and they went to King Harald's birthday in Norway), so perhaps they're a favourite pair :p. Maybe we could be seeing more of them in the future???

Regardless, congratulations to the family and the country of Denmark.

I didn't mind the pants at all either. CP Frederik fills them out quite nicely, did you not look closely enough? :whistling::lol:
(...)

I didn't mind the pants at all either. CP Frederik fills them out quite nicely, did you not look closely enough? :whistling::lol:

And as for Shirley being a breech birth, if nothing has been reported anywhere else but Australian media, I'mma take it with a grain of salt. I did not hear CP Frederik or the doctor's mentioning anything about a breech birth and they are the only people that have spoken to the media that actually know.

JustCurious, You made me crack up, then I went back& checked out the pants, yes he does, thanks for pointing it out!(my druid phone wont let me paste Icons,darn!)LOL

HRH the Crown Prince is not the only one making this statement. Look at HM Queen Margrethe's extraordinary pink and blue combination when she paid her hospital visit. Also, if you look carefully, HRH the Prince Consort is also wearing pink and blue. I think this is a family planned colour code fashion statement!:ROFLMAO:

(...)

How amusing for William and Harry to have a fashion thread. They both do look dapper in their suits.

Perhaps we should make them into one big thread, perhaps comparing the gentlemen?
I actually think this is a great idea. I think it's better to combine all of the guys as they don't get as many posts as the ladies do. You could call it the Royal Men's Fashion Thread or something to that effect.

Hello! finally catches up with the news. No new info.

Frederik needs to get rid of those trousers. They are dreadful!

I'm sorry it is too late.:lol:

Morning tv host in Denmark was wearing a pair of trousers just as red this very morning. Very red trousers are becoming fashion apparently.:flowers:

I'm sorry it is too late.:lol:

Morning tv host in Denmark was wearing a pair of trousers just as red this very morning. Very red trousers are becoming fashion apparently.:flowers:

Oh dear! :ermm:

Remember the cartoon figures Flip & Flop? These trousers reminds me of Flip's pants.
They are called Smart & Clever in Germany.
Spaniards on this board will know the cartoonist: Ibanez.

Last edited:
Will you please stop harrassing Frederik's trousers ?? :D

If he ever dares to get rid of them, I will start an online collection for the purchase of new ones - and in other colours as well.

The world is full of dull and boring colours for male wear (did I mention dull and boring??) Why can't men wear colours??? I just don't get that.

If he ever dares to get rid of them, I will start an online collection for the purchase of new ones - and in other colours as well.

The world is full of dull and boring colours for male wear (did I mention dull and boring??) Why can't men wear colours??? I just don't get that.

Frederik is very much showing himself to be his father's son, when it comes to - colorful - attire. :lol:
I fear I will need sunglasses when looking at pics of Frederik in the future. :p

I agree.:flowers:

I will join you in the collection part :flowers::flowers::flowers:

Ladies, we have a movement rolling :D :D :D

Muhler, please go update the colours in your wardrobe. Frederik's trousers rock!;)

I can't believe some people still support Fred over this! :D Wearing those trousers is a crime...

(...)

Are you all bullying me - again? :verysad:

It's with colorful trousers as with pillows, men, with the odd exception, don't see the purpose. :ermm:

But I'll pass User Dane's suggestion on to Mrs. Muhler and she can have a look at my clothes - in the few cubic centimetres of our wardrobe, I've been granted. ;)
Yes, and will do so till you confess that it is great for men to wear other colours than Safe Black, Daring Grey and Adventurous Dark Blue :D - and don't bring you wife into this - no woman should be responsible for what her husband wears ;)

Yes, and will do so till you confess that it is great for men to wear other colours than Safe Black, Daring Grey and Adventurous Dark Blue :D - and don't bring you wife into this - no woman should be responsible for what her husband wears ;)
You are SO right, UserDane :cool::cool::cool:

Now, to get a moderator to arrange it. :)

i am absolutely on team red (hot?...) trousers - frederik.
he looked adorable, very natural and casual.
funnty to hear that a danish anchorman doted trousers of the same colour, apparently the pince has started a fashion trend...

(...)

Why not? She's in charge anyway. :p

(...)

And a gallery from Fyens Stiftstidende: Lettet kronprins lykkelig over tvillinger - fyens.dk - Indland/Fyn
Where we can again... eeh feast our eyes on an overjoyed Frederik, wearing his red Flip & Flop trousers. ;)

I like the red pants, it gives the prince a fun look. And really what was he supposed to do when his wife wakes him up and saids go to the hospital now.

Oh dear, I'm away for a day and all this about Fred's adventurous trousers (oh I'm sorry, now that sounds awfully naughty :blush:) (...)

Oh, and one more note about the pants, I am supporting mens liberty to choose colourful clothing if they choose to. Boring colours are for men who wear socks to all places and never rebelled against their mothers. ;) :D (And red pants always make me think of a photo of Michael Hutchence standing next to his brand new Aston Martin DB5 in the South of France and I can tell you, those pants looked mighty fine...)

(...)

Good idea! It could be similar to the Fashion For The Little Royals one except it's for the men.

Perhaps we should make them into one big thread, perhaps comparing the gentlemen?

Oh that's a great idea! I didn't even know Felipe and Albert had their own fashion threads and by the looks of it they haven't been added to for ages!

(...)
As to Frederik´s red trousers., hooray for him! He is a modern young man and the colous suits him very well.

I´m anxiously waiting for pictures of the newborn twins. Meanwhile, what a pleasure to see the gorgeous Nikolai and Felix and little Christian.
As to Frederik´s red trousers., hooray for him! He is a modern young man and the colous suits him very well.
Indeed - Frederik's red trousers were even mentioned on morning radio here ;) - hopefully, we'll soon see a trend!!

Indeed - Frederik's red trousers were even mentioned on morning radio here ;) - hopefully, we'll soon see a trend!!
Red trousers have been the trend for many years. Check out Hamptons and Martha's Vineyard in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom