Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 8: August 2018 - December 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Victoria wearing the same designer today?

lumutqueen said:
If possible, it’s worse than last night.

For me it is a tie. What a pity.

This is almost as bad as last night. It looks like something out of the Edwardian era but not in a good way. All she needs is a Gibson girl hairstyle. Come to think of it, that might improve things. The sleeves look like big balloons. I understand that the tie at the neckline may be in memory of Sara Danius, who wore the style, but it looks awful with the sash she is wearing. In my opinion, both nights have been a major fail for Victoria.

I love her dress. It shows that she doesn’t dare to experiment and is not at all conservative and discreet (read hopelessly boring) like the british royals. And Lilian’s tiara is always a plus.

The only minus for me is that the pink shoes and handbag does not match her dress and Jewels at all.

Last edited:
Victoria can sometimes seem sartorially challenged but I don't know what has been happening those days...At least she used to be able to always bring her A-game for big events but now...This is dreadful :/

I love the red dress, and a big plus for Victoria for constantly showing us different kind of styles.

Svensk Damtidning writes, that Victoria's dress is a tribute to professor Sara Danius - who wore bow blouses, and women wore bow blouses to support Sara, when she resigned from the Swedish Academy. Sara passed away in October. Svensk Damtidning says that the dress is likely designed by Pär Engsheden, a close friend of Sara Danius. When there is very quiet among the designers, then the outfit is usually designed by Pär Engsheden, who doesn't inform the media of his designs.
Se Victorias klänning från kungens Nobelmiddag 2019 _ Svensk Dam

Sara Danius even designed a bow blouse for Camilla Thulin, and modelled it at Camilla Thulin's fashion show in 2018. Camilla Thulin had designed many bow blouses to Sara Danius.
https://ebbavonsydow.files.wordpress.com/2018/08/mno_0029.jpg

And there was a bow even at Sara Danius's outfit at the Nobel Prize ceremony in 2018 - designed by Pär Engsheden.
https://ebbavonsydow.files.wordpress.com/2018/12/sdltd6e79bc-nh.jpg

And they say lightning doesn't strike twice ,how can she get it so wrong 2 nights in a row :eek:

Horrible!!! This dress is absolutely unflattering. The shape is completely weird ... both gala looks were a big miss for me. Too bad - Victoria usually looks simply great during the Nobel Prize and the next day gala event.

Hated yesterday's dress. This is just as bad. Sigh.

Totally agree , after last night when I was left praying there would be no "accidental exposure ", now HRH appears in a dress which appears to be made of ultra shiny wrapping paper , combining leg of mutton sleeves with a ***** bow . Sorry but even HRH's mega grin cannot save this dress imo .

If possible, it’s worse than last night.

Well, at least it's a pretty shade of red.

If last night the gown looked like an homage to mid 1800's fashion, this looks like a late 1880's retrospective. All it needs is a bustle.

No disrespect to the late Sara Danius , until yesterday I could not say that I had paid any attention her gowns , they never featured in any of the uk media. I must confess that I only ever looked at the gowns the ladies of the SRF were displaying . Having now looked at several of the gowns the late Sara Danius wore to the Nobel ceremonies , I can only say that it is obvious where several of the Crown Princess's recent wardrobe choices have taken their inspiration .

Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 8: August 2018 -

Oh no no no. Hideous style. The sleeves, the bow. The huge puff sleeves do look circa 19th c. This can go with Sophie’s jumpsuit and be incinerated.

Pink shoes and red dress?! Yikes. They really clash.

The red dress color is beautiful and festive, but that’s it.

Poor Daniel... with his wife showing up in such terrible dresses.

It seems many designers are praising her for her choices but imo both dresses are complete misses.

Mismatched shoes and handbag but I love the red dress the Crown Princess is wearing tonight. I also love that she, for good or bad, aren't afraid to take risks with her sartorial choices at the most high-profile events in the Swedish royal calendar.

I like the colour.

I agree on the colour , saturated colour's always look good on HRH , however I'm sorry the colour does not make up for the last 2 attempts at evening wear , only surpassed by the " outfit " HRH wore on the Crown Princess couple's evening out with the Cambridge's on 31st January . That outfit is still visible when I close my eyes . I adore HRH's willingness to champion new designers , however this is not the MET GALA or the Oscar's it is the NOBEL's .

Pink and red do go together so that part I like the gown is awful way too much going on again.

I'm getting the 1980's vibe from the bow, shoulders and sleeves...and a Christmas present from the bow and color.?

It is interesting, but not particularly flattering. A little too high fashion for me.

I like the red dress apart from that granny-esque red shawl draped over her Order.

I agree on the colour , saturated colour's always look good on HRH , however I'm sorry the colour does not make up for the last 2 attempts at evening wear , only surpassed by the " outfit " HRH wore on the Crown Princess couple's evening out with the Cambridge's on 31st January . That outfit is still visible when I close my eyes . I adore HRH's willingness to champion new designers , however this is not the MET GALA or the Oscar's it is the NOBEL's .

What difference is between any white tie gala and the dinner for the Nobel laureates? White tie is white tie.

Sorry this dress is nearly as ugly as last night. I held out hope she would rock one night. Was horribly disappointed.

The huge puff sleeves, and massive Christmas bow, she looks like she was the victim of a head shrinker. Her proportions are off completely.

The color is beautiful though.

The Crown Princess

Sorry this dress is nearly as ugly as last night. I held out hope she would rock one night. Was horribly disappointed.

The huge puff sleeves, and massive Christmas bow, she looks like she was the victim of a head shrinker. Her proportions are off completely.

The color is beautiful though.
The color is beautiful, to much going on. Vickan looks vibrant, I think she is having fun.

:previous: She is definitely having fun. Her eyes are sparkling and her megawatt smile is firmly in place. But much as I adore most of her forays into the whimsical even I draw the line at "Leg-O-Mutton" sleeves. :ohmy:

I'm totally surprised that so many designers praise Victoria's (or her stylist) fashion choices but IMHO she's the princess and not some stumped up Hollywood celebrity attending the MET gala that would warrant this kind of costume. If she was attention seeking, then yes, she stood out, however, not in a good way. I looked at the group picture and she stood out like a sore thumb with her blown-up upper body, and thankfully the balloons have let out some of the air or she would have looked even more bulky! Very odd and unflattering. Sadly on both nights.

https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=0b8e717874b5d6aa1dd8686c40fac871&oe=5E8AA5F1

Last edited:
Both nights the worst dresses for Victoria.

The last photo with all the royal ladies lined up to shake hands says it all about how those sleeves are unflattering .Combined with a bow and the dress is verging on ridiculous. What a shame as it is a beautiful colour and material.

Regarding the fact that she described herself as a fashion-grumpy, it's pretty astonishing how she is trying out fashion

I like the red and pink colour, I like the tribute with the bow, only those sleeves are not my cup of tea.
She seems to feel comfortable, that's everything that counts.

I think that while creating Victoria's dress, Pär Engsheden has used Victoris's old dress and made the top part new.
https://resize-parismatch.lanmedia....0/27141891-1-fre-FR/043-SW-SCANPIXB021370.jpg
The back of the dress:
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=b40267b10e216a3046434435a8bcfac2&oe=5E6B893F

I think that this is the dress which has been used, Victoria wore it at a state visit to Denmark in 2007 and at an official photo too.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Victoria's hairdo
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010060011U1576150510356928
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1200010060021U1576150510356928

Last edited:
Other than the color the red dress is hideous.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom