Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 6: November 2014 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is a lovely color but too shiny/glittery and these styles of dresses are not suited IMO for such visits/dinners. The tiara is a very odd choice with this dress and it doesn't work well.

June 5:

1 2 3 4

She looks so stunning. I love the color and the design of this dress. Wonderful look on Victoria.

June 5:

1 2 3 4

She looks so stunning. I love the color and the design of this dress. Wonderful look on Victoria.

The color is lovely, but here is another one of those high waist looks (perhaps there is no need of belt)

Victoria today at the Polar Music Prize. Looking fantastic and summery at a new dress with a gorgeous print, the colour suits her well and her hairdo is great. She could have chosen another earrings though.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Princess+Victoria+Polar+Music+Prize+Stockholm+ggbn9Ap3Q6bx.jpg
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The gown is from swedish House of Dagmar, "Deborah" from their 10th anniversary collection. It is sold out now, but you can buy it as a blue version.
http://w.cdn-expressen.se/images/50/f9/50f98ab08578404ca1f2d5111d179bbb/912@70.jpg
http://www.houseofdagmar.se/shop/deborah-5/

Gorgeous on her, I like the way she closed up the neckline. Earrings too heavy for the dress, great hair

I like the earrings because they clammed it up. Hate the short lining under the dress. Dress itself is beautiful, and I like that closed the neckline at a higher point to make it more modest.

Lovely dress. Perfect for this time of year. The earrings are a bit much.

I love the style and the color but not the print. If it was a solid pink color I would have loved it.

Victoria looks stunning! This dress reminds me of her pre-wedding dress... I don't know why, maybe the association with the pale color.

The dress is perfect for this time.

I think it's a lovely evening gown and yes, the neckline is considerably enhanced by altering it to allow for an actual bust, unlike the anorexic breastbone of the model.

At first I thought the lining was considerably longer than that shown on the model. However, with the lighter colour, everything looks in sync and very flattering.

I have never been a fan of those particular earrings but I have to admit with the slightly different updo and the V-shaped neckline, it's a match.

https://instagram.com/p/3tiNCzDcaJ/

I think this is a lovely dress for the summer months - sort of a sea-shell pattern, and it would be a nice dress to wear for a beach wedding.

Victoria looks stunning! The design and details are beautiful. She looks amazing.

I don't hate it but also don't particularly love it... it is a bit meh... and it does her no favour...

I thought the dress was boring and a dull color, there is nothing special about the dress. Nevertheless, Victoria's hairdo and make up was nice.

I thought the dress was boring and a dull color, there is nothing special about the dress. Nevertheless, Victoria's hairdo and make up was nice.
I think the "dull" colour is prettier in real life. Plus, both Madeleine and Victoria had white and silver at each others night-before-wedding dinners plus Madeleine in a white-ish dress today. I think they do it on purpose to be neutral and let the spotlight be on the bride.

I don't hate it but also don't particularly love it... it is a bit meh... and it does her no favour...

I kind off want to love this, but there is something that makes me feel meh. I think we have seen this before, so many times and the colour is quite boring and dull. But I guess it's nice dress otherwise and smashing outfit overall with the hair.

Really took my breath away. Nice twenties vibe to it. She can wear such fabrics with her fit figure. Love her hairdo

Crown Princess Victoria made a little faux-pas during the diner on the eve of the wedding. She wore (a big, clunky) horloge with the rest of her outfits. Ladies are supposed not to wear horloges for evening events.

Look at all the other ladies: Sofia, the Queen, the Princesses, the Hellqvist family, the foreign guests, none of them sported horloges with their evening gowns.

Some of them, especially Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Princess Ursula von Bayern wore sparkling bracelets (I think the one by Princess Ursula was with a horloge hidden in the bracelet). So Princess Victoria looked great, minus the horloge... It surprised me because Princes Victoria usually has eye for detail.

I kind off want to love this, but there is something that makes me feel meh. I think we have seen this before, so many times and the colour is quite boring and dull. But I guess it's nice dress otherwise and smashing outfit overall with the hair.

I agree... The shape and dress itself is pretty but that pattern has already been seen and the color is boring:flowers:

Crown Princess Victoria made a little faux-pas during the diner on the eve of the wedding. She wore (a big, clunky) horloge with the rest of her outfits. Ladies are supposed not to wear horloges for evening events.

Look at all the other ladies: Sofia, the Queen, the Princesses, the Hellqvist family, the foreign guests, none of them sported horloges with their evening gowns.

Some of them, especially Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Princess Ursula von Bayern wore sparkling bracelets (I think the one by Princess Ursula was with a horloge hidden in the bracelet). So Princess Victoria looked great, minus the horloge... It surprised me because Princes Victoria usually has eye for detail.
Are you saying that ladies are not supposed to wear a watch with eveningwear, let alone a large watch.

I know in these days of cellphones that is what most use for telling the time but, to be honest, I can't say that I have seen Victoria waving one of those around either.

Etiquette has always been not to wear a watch, to avoid giving the impression that one needs to know the time because one has an appointment elsewhere, or is finding time dragging and would prefer to be somewhere else. :flowers:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom