Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 5: May 2013 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live this dress on Victoria. Mary owns a similar dress style-wise. Great look.

Mette-Marit has the black version of the dress right? I think I saw it somewhere before

So have I and it was on Victoria earlier this Summer. Remember the dress w/the rhinestone belt she wore to a Gala? That was the black version of this dress. :)

She just looked amazing last night. Huge Grand Slam Home Run for the Crown Princess.

I don't think this particular line is available in the stores. I've certainly never seen it in the store at The Eaton's Centre in Toronto, but it is online, so...!?!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Fun that she wore a big stiff slip under it this time. Glad she is not wearing the skinney belt but I prefer the sandals she wore in Iceland to these shoes.
I am in total agreement, except I think the slip is part of the total gown. The sandals just finish the "look" whereas the pumps just look meh. In fact I think I prefer the first time she wore it. It just looked more dramatic somehow.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/2f/87/b6/2f87b615c5a192262d68c92175b0bd5a.jpg

Versus:

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/99/23/fe/9923fe5109b3b94f3080fe3209b6a2bd.jpg

Refer back to post 251 for my comments the first time round.

ps: Victoria also has the black version of this gown.

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/80/25/de/8025dee1c18665905cbf4a2eeeb7ee1d.jpg

Last edited:
:previous: Oh I do love the Tea Length skirt. It is so feminine and flattering and it makes the occasion seem much more elegant and formal.

Victoria looks wonderful in this type of gown and, to be honest, it is essential to have good ankles rather than cankles, which are those than have very deliniation between the calf and the ankle.

Iceflower has provided a perfect view of both the skirt length and the shoes.

** Shoes ** Perfect!

The pink and the black both stunning love both looks

I don't like this outfit at all. The skirt looks bulky and I don't like the sandals. Even if I liked them, I find them too busy for this outfit.

I find it a bit housewifey but allez... it was a nice try.

I hate those skirts... and I hate flowers:ohmy:

But on her that looks quite lovely

Love, loove, looooove it!
Bye Bine

Afraid it is not my favorite. Too much going on, ugly chunky necklace, large neckline drape, very deep pleats at the waist, loud print, statement shoes. Too many focal points

I think she looks really good. I love the skirt and shoes and I don't mind the outfit at all.

Last edited:
This is a fun and refreshing look, love the outfit, it suits Victoria a lot!

The proportion doesn't work on this dress. And the shoes don't really go--they distract from the look.

Lovely outfit and a look that really works for her. It's different yet elegant.

She is really stepping outside her boundaries in this outfit. It is not bad at all, sleeveless on anything is not in my wardrobe so that top could be better, the skirt is nice, I don't mind the shoes , in all it goes together, the jewelry, the shoes, the outfit seem to match in color yet the shoes are over done, they threw the rest of the outfit off. Her smile makes everything okay, she is enthusiastic, glowing and a very happy lady which is a good thing as MS says, a very good thing.

I love the outfit. I think a slightly looser, bigger hair style (possibly down) would have been better and given more balance with the skirt. JMO.

I'm not feeling this outfit at all on Victoria. Too much going on. I wish she would soften her hair... It would be so much more feminine looking.

:previous: I agree udyusa, there is indeed too much going on in this outfit. It's quite a nice colour scheme but I think I would have liked it a bit more if it were all black. I'm not the biggest fan of her shoes either, they're just not my cup of tea.

September 8, 2014 - Victoria at the fundraising dinner for Childhood Foundation. She wore a navy blue version of a bridal dress from the H&M conscious collection.

Victoria's dress is a very MM dress. I somehow don't think this dress suit's Victoria nor did she manage to pull it off in anyway. Victoria should've matched a belt to the look for it to not look so plain. The original version in while is so much nicer since you got to see the fine lace very clear unless Victoria's dress doesn't picture well. Moreover, I don't understand the hairpiece she used, doesn't match the outfit well not did it look good with that hairstyle.

H&M original dress ** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up

i am glad she sometimes wear swedish design
i loved the h&m dress worn at polar prize

this one is okay but it gets lost as its so dark.
the white looked better.

i would love to see a panel of photos side by side wiith the dresses she used this year

This gown is too severe on her, it ages her. The color is too dark, you really can't see the design of the lace. If the gown was in say a soft cream, yellow or blue, it would show better. Her hair and that thing in her hair, what? Not a good look for her, she looks like she aged 10 years over night.

:previous: Well, I wouldn't say 10 years but that dress didn't do anything for Victoria. I think it was too, too, much lacey dress with it's almost severe, fitted style of bodice with it's prim, high, round-necked, short sleeved, day dress look . . . and then came the lace explosion that erupted from the waist and didn't give up until it hit the floor.

All this had the strange effect of making svelte Victoria look dumpy and, as everyone knows, she is anything but dumpy. But there you have it, and optical illusion that was not helped at all by what looked like a silver crocheted jug cover on her hair, which I think, was meant to tie in with her watch and bracelet.

As to the shoes? Way, way too busy with all that lace.

Wow, I don't think I can ever remember any gown of hers that looked this bad. And on second thought, 10 years it is!

Last edited:
I don't like this outfit either. The black is too severe, too plain, it would look much nicer in another colour.

Mette-Marit called, she wants her dress back!

It would have looked way better with a belt, but Vic looks dashing!

It is just an ugly dress that even the emancipated model couldn't save. The above the natural waistline looks odd, on Victoria it makes her look dumpy, as does the extreme plainness od the bodice.the severe bodice just doesn't go with the skirt. But the skirt with flounces, ruffles an d more lace, even worse than her sisters outfit! If is was just a one piece dress, that would have helped and if the neckline was softened to a scoop and cap sleeves. The white lace on her head gives a focal point away from the dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom