Crown Princess Victoria's Daytime Fashion Part 5: May 2011 - June 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid the blue dress with polka dots looks rather matronly on Victoria.
I think it's not appropriate for the event; black dress is just indispensable in my opinion.

Bearing in mind that fashion was certainly not important on this occasion, I still have to agree that the blue dress at the memorial church service was inappropriate.
It's not quite right in its loose and casual style, and while dark blue can still be considered correct IMO, the white polka dots certainly can't; and if wearing a hat was not considered to be necessary, her hair could at least heave been less messy.
The choice puzzles me as mourning outfits are a regular part of every royal wardrobe and one of those could have been picked - this dress certainly doesn't belong to it.

Dark blue, dark gray or black outfits suit to funerals or church services. I think that Victoria was appropriately dressed to the memorial service. It was a very windy day and Victoria was interviewed outside the church, so her hair was a little messy. The most important thing was the sorrow seen at her face, not her outfit. Her outfit was in no means insulting or offending.

I don't mind any form of dark color worn to a funeral but the dress Victoria wore was ill-fitting and unflattering. Its not a dress to be worn to any event IMO.
I know that fashion isn't the point but when royals can make an effort at funerals when it relates to friends & family, they do dress up in nice outfits, not sure why Victoria couldn't make an effort.
Note that I do get that this event was about the church service but this is a fashion thread and somewhere to discuss her fashion to any event.

I don't mind any form of dark color worn to a funeral but the dress Victoria wore was ill-fitting and unflattering. Its not a dress to be worn to any event IMO.

I agree, the dress itself is unflattering & matronly and screams "pregnant". It did look somber therefore I found it appropriate for the church service but the turnout was very sloppy, dress & the messy but inevitable ponytail :bang:

I agree, the dress itself is unflattering & matronly and screams "pregnant". It did look somber therefore I found it appropriate for the church service but the turnout was very sloppy, dress & the messy but inevitable ponytail :bang:
Maybe this dress just reflects her spiritual condition now,she feels very comfortable and calm in this outfit

For the funeral dress it does make her look pregnant.If she dose'nt want baby rumours,dont wear dresses like that!

:previous: A lot of outfits she's worn lately make her look pregnant, yesterdays DvF dress is no exception. Is she no longer using the service of her stylist?

She looks very warm and comfortable in that jacket. Looking at Victoria, one would never guess she just had a baby. She looks positively marvelous.

Fashion is a little hard to quantify as they are bundled up against the cold but, their faces, their wonderful smiles, are the very best accessories anyone could hope for. :flowers:

Posts that had nothing to do with fashion have been removed as off-topic.

Victoria looks great for just having a baby. I like the relaxed outfit, effect coat, scarf for a walk.

They look like a typical couple dressed for a cold day walking their baby in the park; very nice.

I like the blue dress on crown princess victoria ,I for one would like to wear it.

I liked the casual post-baby stroll outfit, Victoria and motherhood clearly agree with one another, IMO!

Last edited:
And first pictures of Victoria on an official event: Crown Princess Victoria joined the rest of the Swedish Royal Family to greet Prince Charles and Camilla.
She wore a beautiful green dress with matching shoes and some lovely accessories.
Victoria looks absolutely gorgeous! So great to see her again. :)

Pictures originally posted by MagMil in the Visit to Sweden thread.
:previous:
She looks gorgeous :flowers::flowers::flowers: RELAX and HAPPY :heart1:

full view
detail.action

Last edited:
I so love Victoria in such simple and elegant dresses. Lovely colour as well!

She looks lovely and it's great to see her in a bright jewel color, speaking of which, those earrings are beautiful. And she is just glowing; so nice to see her back in public.

Last edited:
LadyFinn said:

Crown princess Victoria looks great after giving birth to princess Estelle and she wears a nice shade of green.

She looks wonderful! The green dress is very elegant.

I love when she wears that green dress. It never fails to make her look beautiful. Live the shoes too.

I love it. She looks gorgeous in emerald green, and her smile is absolutely radiant. She's happy and it shows.

She looks amazing! Oh what a relief to see her like that after the long "dry spell" of her pregnancy. She seems to be incredibly happy, wonderful to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom